The Guide To Forge Island

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Hey i just followed your YouTube link to this thread and I think its really useful. I can't add much to this, the only thing i found out that i would consider really interesting is something i can't actually say since I'm making a map out of it and I don't want anyone stealing it, but i'll be sure to post it here after i finish the map (don't count on that being any time soon though, I'm a very slow forger >.<)

Anyway if there are any real forging rookies here I suppose there is no harm in stating obvious tricks and trivia, like:

1) You can create bushes by sinking trees into the ground. retrieve the trees using a teleporter.
2) If you want to make a hide / seek style map with trees / bushes, consider setting player traits to 'good camo' and 'overshield'. This makes players easily visible to the eye, but you can't see their red name through leaves, something that ruins most hide / seek maps. Sadly this trick does not help the red name problem in the 'fog' underwater, as vis effects show up in the fog even more than red names.
3) forging at sea level creates a really nice looking low lying fog aesthetic.
4) trivia: when messing about in this map, I discovered that the only weapon with completely unlimited range is, quite unexpectedly, the railgun. From what i remember, at maximum sniper rifle range the delay of the railgun shot takes about 7 whole second to reach its target!

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
When using "ROCK 5", it may be important to offset the irregular slope that the flat block has while normally at 90 degrees. My brother and I found the offset at around 5 degrees at a certain angle. If you are standing the block upright with the long side parallel to the ground, I think it is a Y-value rotation. This will make it parallel to other 90 degree objects.

Feb 16, 2013
I HAVE COME BACK FROM THE DEAD. But seriously though, sorry about the disappearance guys. Now that I'm back, the main topic will be updated with all this juicy new info soon. Give me a day.

Vader

Qualified
May 30, 2013
I've been forging underwater recently and these are some of the tips/tricks I've found helpful

• Visibility is nil, you will get lost without location marks or objects placed down there
  • Man cannons, teleport lights and kill balls can be see a good distance away. Placing one of these on the map is a good way of keeping your bearings.
  • Shields and the sphere lights cannot be seen from a long distance
  • The magnet lights are helpful for getting pieces in a general area, especially for pieces that require the camera farther away while forging
  • Placing and locking a two way teleport allows for easy and consistent travel between above and below water
  • Place a respawn point or locked two way teleport underwater in the area you are forging, this allows you to easily find where you were if you die
  • There is a hard kill boundary at the top of the water and a soft kill at the bottom
  • The grid can be see the best from one of its corners
  • Hard kill boundary at top of water and soft kill at bottom

undr zid

Proficient
Feb 6, 2013
murika
www.forgecafe.com
I'd be glad to share with your site! Out of curiosity, what site? Also, when you copy it, I'd like for you add a link to the original thread here.

Wonderful, thank you! The site is forgecafe.com, and we don't have a guide touching on this. Add your name as the author, and link it back to this thread; consider it done.

If you could just PM me the thread in a code box, I can post it exactly how it is here. This site does not allow me to quote that large of a message, and that is a lot of bbcodes.

o_O