• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Hello I came up with this when I was creating the lobby Distress Signal. This is a Novel that will be updated every week with a new chapter. Every lobby with TFOP at the end will affect the novel in a positive or negative ways. Anyways there will be 12 chapter with two nonlobby chapters so that means 10 lobbies so be sure to join to alter the fate of UNSC Poseidon. *Also here are some pointers Siltar are a Galactic faction of Space Pirates rumored to be breeding flood. Also Ritas has just been recently discovered so it is still unrecorded*
flamingtext_22937927004725761.png
(PROLOGUE)
On May 24, 2570 UNSC Poseidon received a distress signal from Delta Team. On May 26 Epsilon Team was sent to retrieve Delta Team from the Planet Ritas. On June 2nd, 2570 UNSC Comm.'s lost contact with the UNSC Poseidon It may be similar to the event with The Forward Unto Dawn with surviving crew. To this day we still are searching for the UNSC Poseidon
(CHAPTER ONE) The Transmission
UNSC POSEIDON
May 24, 2570
At 13:21 hours UNSC Poseidon received a broadcast from a unknown planet named Ritas. the broadcast said this "This is UNSC Delta Team. There are only 2 survivors from a earlier attack from the Siltar. The Siltar had a weird unit with them. Not a normal assault unit but more of a rush and melee tactic. Anyways we need reinforcements. Our Coordinates are 33.2075 N 92.6661 W. Please hurry I dont know how much time we have time we have left." END OF TRANSMISSION

(CHAPTER TWO) Simulations
UNSC SPIRIT OF FIRE
As of December 1, 2570 The Spirit of Fire recovered a large data block from the Poseidon near the planet of Reach. Our ships A.I. Serina decoded it into a audio file.Playing now.........

//: Ship's Records 0681
-Epsilon Team SIM
- May 24 2570, 14:00 hours
-Transmission Start:
This is Cassandra of the UNSC Poseidon here with the first weekly report Epsilon Team's SIM Training. This is Epsilon's first week together for the SIM Training. Expect communication failures and lack of teamwork.
Accounted for duty is Spartan Zina, Spartan Cole, Spartan Carter, Spartan Ice, and Spartan Fox. As for the given circumstances, I was taking desperate measure and I myself proceeded with the Simulation. Starting a Flood game of Hunter on Purgatory. Zina did extraordinary in this with his shotgun and assault rifle successfully clearing the infected. However, as the records on Waypoint show, she is less effective in Slayer simulations and Spartan Cole managed to stand out in this session with being able to map out the area quickly. Carter was no exception, a all around leader for his team and dominating. As for Spartan Fox, she was absolutely a great sniper. Using her sniper and DMR efficiently; almost good as Linda I have to admit. As a Siltar AI, I was in awe.
The simulation is complete after two hours and as the SIM engine suggests these positions:
Zina: CQB
Carter: Assault
Cole: Recon
Fox: Marksman
Ice: Special Weapons
Carter's first person account and opinion of his team and performance during the simulations..."Well Zina was probably the reason we survived for so long during the simulation. She was able to break the Flood algorithms.... meaning she broke you Cassandra." He chuckles at the thought. Then continues with the account"Though you broke Zina in the Slayer Sims. Then there is Cole. He was able to traverse the map in a VERY short time updating our radars with Siltar positions in mere seconds. Fox well she was a very versatile and deadly with the sniper. Every now and then I would hear the Siltar AI talking about her accuracy. She would mow down the Flood with ANY precision weapon. Now Ice....... he was very ...uh... enthusiastic about killing both Flood and Siltar."
*END OF TRANSMISSION*
(CHAPTER THREE) Departure
UNSC NEPTUNE
As of December 3, 2570 The UNSC Neptune recovered multiple terminals from the Poseidon near the planet of Harvest. Our ships A.I. Sonny decoded it into an audio file. Playing now.........

//: Ship's Records 0682
-Epsilon Team Day of Mission Start
- May 26 2570, 0700 hours
Cole was shaking with anxiety and excitement. His mind was wondering in the pits of doubt, wondering if he was up to the task. Though he was a Spartan IV he was still a man with little experience on the battlefield. “I am a Spartan! Not a scared little boy anymore! I was trained by the best! I AM READY!!” he yelled defiantly. Fox heard his ranting with ease. She didn’t get that name from just good looks.
“Yes Cole, you are ready.” Fox said soothingly. Cole jumped from the sudden statement. She continued “If anything comes up without warning. You will be able to map out their entire area of force within seconds. Updating our Radars before we actually know where they are. You can save us with your speed.”
“Thanks Fox” Cole sighed. “She knows how to calm a guy and make him feel like a prince in fucking shining armor, with ease to boot.” Cole thought.
Fox then changed her tone from soothing to stone once more. “Hit the floor in 5 minutes, understood?” She said coldly.
“Note to self: Don’t fuck with Fox” Cole thought quickly. “Alright see you in a bit” He told her. He found his Scout Armor in his storage closet. “Not a better choice of armor” He thought wryly Five minutes later he was walking through the opening doors of the Docking Bay. Fox was scrubbing her Sniper Rifle furiously at a non-existent spot. Zina was looking strangely at Fox. Finally she walked over.
“You should take a picture of it when it’s clean so you know when it’s in mint condition!” Zina exclaimed.
“I will once I think it’s clean. Right now it isn’t or at least not to me.” Fox said easily.
Cole started wondering where Ice was seeing how they would have to leave soon. “Ice! Where you at!” Cole yelled.
“Right behind you” Ice whispered. Cole jump 4 feet in the air.
“How the hell did you get there?!” Cole said startled.
“I have my ways. You are fast, but I am quiet.” Ice said gruffly.
“Glad you’re on our side” Cole sighed.
“So am I. Those two would spot me from a mile away, and if I did get close they would blow my brains out!” Ice gestured towards the Zina and Fox both practicing the others combat (Zina with Sniping and Fox with CQC).
“Epsilon Team! Form up!” Carter Yelled. Fox and Zina both stopped their practicing simulations. Content with the group “Cassy, Activate that waypoint.” Carter said evenly.
“Uploading now.” Cassandra replied. Moments later a small blip activated on their HUD’s two seconds later a small dotted trail came up on the floor. Though they could only see both through their HUD’s.
“Epsilon, Move out.” Carter said with a commanding tone.
“I suspect you know what your mission entails?” Cassandra asked.
“No, Commander Mist was a vague about the details.” Ice said roughly.
“I see I shall debrief you then. On May 25th, 2570 an unknown radio signal was reached us. It was identified as UNSC Delta Team. Location Ritas” Cassandra explained.
“Ritas?” Zina questioned “Never heard of it.” She said skeptically.
“This is the new planet that Delta Team was sent to Recon for Colonies.” Cassandra answered through their comms.
“I see” Zina replied. Cole mind wandered to the maps of Ritas and wondered if there were any at all.
“So our HUD’s won’t have an accurate map of Ritas?” Cole asked.
“Correct, Cole that is where you come in with your agility and speed you will be able to recon the terrain for any hostile organisms in a short amount of time.” Cassandra replied evenly.
“So that’s why I’m here.” Cole said brashly. As they came into view of the ship a hologram of Cassandra appeared before the team. She gestured towards the armory.
“Please take any weapon of your choosing.” Ice saw the double barrel rocket launcher and raced towards it.
“I could do some serious damage with this!” He was brandishing the weapon with an aura of the devil himself.
“Note to self-two: Don’t fuck with Ice while he has a large weapon.” Cole thought quickly “I bet Zina and Carter are crazy in some way as well.” Thanking his mind for not saying that aloud. Zina saw the trident shotgun and picked it up with a carefulness of handling an infant.
“I had no idea that we had the Trident Barrel Shotgun. This thing has three barrels! Three!” Zina seemed to be ecstatic with awe, happiness and excitement. Fox saw a new weapon. It was longer than a regular sniper rifle and just overall larger. She hefted it with ease.
“A lot lighter than a sniper rifle as well” She thought to herself. She checked the scope but when she changed back to regular view and saw how largely wide the reticle was “Why is this reticule so large?” Fox asked eyeing the freakishly large space between the four lines that were diagonally angled toward each other.
“We believe that was how close a flood form would get when they would break through of their lines of force.” Cassandra replied. “Though the bullet would be greatly unpredictable it still can be used as a slug type shotgun unlike the Trident.” She finished. Carter grabbed his personalized SteamPunk style DMR and Spattered Assault Rifle. Cole shuddered at how much blood has probably gotten on that AR. Cole, content with the classics, grabbed a Battle Rifle and a magnum.
“Alright every one mounted up?” Carter asked. There were grunts and yelps of yes. “Alright everyone get to their seats on the ship.” He barked. Before entering Zina remembered her own advice and took a picture of the docking bay and her shotgun thinking she may need to use it in the future.
“Come on Zina we gotta go!” Fox yelled out of the ship. Zina nodded and boarded the ship cautiously. Five minutes later they were heading to Ritas.
“This is going to be fun!” yelled Ice his eyes full of excitement for the new thrill.
“Ice, you are completely crazy!” Cole yelled back.
“Halfway!” Ice said chuckling. Carter was getting annoyed at how much the two talked.
“Prepare for Drop.” Looking around he noticed Zina was already strapped in to her seat. “She must not like hitting a Drop.”
“Attention Epsilon Team” called the Pilot. “We have twenty minutes till we hit the atmosphere. Sadly we are going to have to go through a Sagittarius Belt.” Minutes passed without a sound. later a sound of glass breaking came through the area accompanied with a pulsing red light.
“Pilot what’s going on?” Carter radioed through to the cockpit. The pilot didn’t answer.
“I’ll go check it out” Cole said. While walking to the front of the ship he started hearing rustling through the walls as the crimson light illuminated the hallway. When he reached the cockpit he noticed the windshield was busted with the metal shielding pulled over the glass. Cole reached for his Magnum and Knife crossing them over to give a stabbing hand while giving him a steady with it. He jumped the corner so he could see the chair with full view. What he saw terrified him. Two Flood forms were feasting on the dead pilots corpse.

Cody3717

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Tip: Make sure when you are doing broadcasts like you were doing or something similiar, make sure it sounds professional and sounds like it is from an actual transmission.
Example:
Mayday Mayday, This is Sierra 3717 of the UNSC Infinity. We have excessive casualties and wounded.
Requesting evacuation immediately from our position. We need medical attention and supplies ASAP.
Requesting to initiate Cole Protocol Sector three and orders for commence Defense Op.
Awaiting future orders.
Cody out.
Something like that. Unless you want it like the way you have it, that's fine.
Other than that, It sounds exciting and looking forward to it.

Cody3717

Master
Jan 10, 2013
This was just a teaser there shall not be any more of these in the story
Well you know what Misty? I like it and I think you SHOULD put more of these transmissions into the chapters.
Actually, if you want to me to, I'll write some out for you. It's a good way to practice my writing in my novel.
Hey, you could help me out on my novel too!
Anyway it's all good

Reactions: Great Mist 40

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Well you know what Misty? I like it and I think you SHOULD put more of these transmissions into the chapters.
Actually, if you want to me to, I'll write some out for you. It's a good way to practice my writing in my novel.
Hey, you could help me out on my novel too!
Anyway it's all good
Misty? anyways you will have to go to the lobby to get a good trans. And inbox me with it

Cody3717

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Misty? anyways you will have to go to the lobby to get a good trans. And inbox me with it
Sorry, Your time schedule for your lobby is not open to me so might as well give me criteria and a summary of the lobby for the transmission through the conversation so at least I can do something.

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
I like it. :y:

The only advice I can give is that you should work on your formatting. When presenting dialogue, you always need to start a new paragraph or something. Also, make sure we know who is talking. I've seen story-writers on Halo sites before, and this is a common problem among them.

SammichEaterPro

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
I think this could be very interesting. This is a very base concept, and I can see many users in the future taking what you have done and making their own "Series".

Status
Not open for further replies.