Map Preview THE BOTANIST

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Sorry for the delay but here's the film.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/.../details/ddde1545-9197-4656-bfc1-09269fa79675

Now it's been a while since this game so my feedback may be a little bit off.

Firstly, you should make the kill zone at the first acid pool more obvious. Most people who didn't know about the terminal went straight to the acid and were killed unexpectedly by the kill zone. Secondly, there were moments in the first phase where the Flood spawned away from the initial area and were trapped where they were until the humans are done activating the terminal. They couldn't really get anywhere because of the kill zone that I mentioned. I don't think this was intentional though.

I also think that you should turn the Flood names off. It kind of ruins the element of surprise the Flood have because the humans know exactly where the Flood are. Lastly, there was a certain part of the map where the Flood couldn't get to the upper floor. It was by the "acidfall" inside the facility.

Just watch the film if some of these don't make sense.
I only meant for the humans name to pop up.. and only when they were outside, too :p Never let Auburn make a gametype lol.

Ah, I figured you guys had some spawning problems after playing it with Rem last week. I wanted the respawn points in the second phase to only spawn in after 60 seconds, but apparently you can't delay a respawn point. Why is the option even there? :slaphead: Anywho... thanks again, Zandril. You've been the biggest help throughout this all. I really appreciate it, mang.

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
You guys tired of me yet? :p Should be the last update before I post it in the Maps section.

FIRST STAGE

• Made the boundary around the terminal visible so that its more obvious upon spawning
• The flood can now just jump between the two high perch areas that were connected via teleporter before
• Waypoints are visible on humans but not flood

SECOND STAGE

• Holdout area is larger
• Removed the railings
• Roof and flood entrances are more elevated
• The acid flood entrance is more structured
• There are now two ways to approach the humans from that^ side
• There's now a flood entrance below the crate entrance
• Added a saw for the humans, too

The flood move slightly slower now as well. I want to see if that balances anything out before upping the radar from 10m to 25m.

nqKZXX1.png

5MpslxB.png

PJF2HT8.png

mVcpmum.png

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...&details=eac556c5-0446-459b-a0bb-09d19730e42e

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...&details=693a9dee-f165-4b6f-9f45-9d8b53e615dd

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Some feedback from today's game.

Obviously, the Flood were dominating the survivors. I have some suggestions on how you can fix that. Firstly, I think that the Flood initial spawns are at a good distance. The humans were just not looking up which is why they got decimated. I do think that you should enable motion sensors when people are inside the hill.

Second thing would be the path to the second phase. The humans are given a sightline that makes the Flood rather ineffective. I know there's a teleporter that spawns allowing the Flood to get closer to the humans but until it spawns, the Flood only have one way in to the second phase and they have 0 cover. Perhaps adding a crate somewhere in the middle would help.

Can't say much more since we didn't really make it any further.

Reactions: Auburn

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Some feedback from today's game.

Obviously, the Flood were dominating the survivors. I have some suggestions on how you can fix that. Firstly, I think that the Flood initial spawns are at a good distance. The humans were just not looking up which is why they got decimated. I do think that you should enable motion sensors when people are inside the hill.

Second thing would be the path to the second phase. The humans are given a sightline that makes the Flood rather ineffective. I know there's a teleporter that spawns allowing the Flood to get closer to the humans but until it spawns, the Flood only have one way in to the second phase and they have 0 cover. Perhaps adding a crate somewhere in the middle would help.

Can't say much more since we didn't really make it any further.

Motion sensors should have been enabled the whole time. They only cover a 10m radius, though, so perhaps you hadn't noticed because of that limitation? I'm gonna check juuust in case, though.

The first phase has always been difficult for some reason. When I go into forge to make the changes, though, I take a good look and think "why is this so difficult?" lol. The flood do have free reign over where they can jump from on that peak, but in the end, they're always jumping from the same direction until that first teleporter spawns. You would think all it would take is for the humans to focus their attention on that peak before the flood get absolutely dominated, you know?

Agreed on that second phase thing. I'm thinking I'll make the teleporter spawn in just after they enter the sewer place, but block the main two entrances temporarily. That way, they can only come from the crate bridge as the humans are making their way into the place. I'll add some sort of cover, too, to make that a more viable route for the flood to take.

Thanks again, Zandril. ♥u

Reactions: Zandril

Auburn

#hawt
Jan 11, 2013
Missouri
Update:

I reforged the first holdout area entirely. Rather than placing the control tower a couple steps from the humans' initial, its now placed down at the bottom of the valley near the entrance to the flooded sewer place. The zone around the terminal is also visible now, so players should have a much better idea of where to go and what they need to do in order to progress.

I also figured I should take better advantage of the plague game type, so interactive flood load outs are enabled in the game type. That, along with some structural changes to the layout through each holdout should give the flood a ton more options while still not making them OP.

The previous final holdout where the humans exit the sewer place has been redone. Now, rather than actually leaving the structure, they enter a safe room inside it. That said, the safe room is a little different than your traditionally one in that the humans have the option to close the door using the terminal (slow process) but have to holdout for ~40s.

0ORW3YS.png

Reactions: Zandril