Mini Game Speedrun [Minigame]

petetheduck

Proficient
May 17, 2013
Speedrun (version 1) - Keep pace with the hill as it moves through the city!

Speedrun is a new take on the "run map" concept. Traditionally, these kind of maps had you frantically running through a linear tunnel with a kill ball rolling behind you.

In Speedrun, I've replaced the kill ball with a moving hill. You must keep pace with the hill--you can't get ahead of it and you can't let yourself fall behind. Outside of the hill you can't move, and if you're left behind you'll soon be caught by a death teleporter....

Read more about this map...

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I saw this video on youtube, and this looks AMAZING!

Definitively a great spin off of the Indiana Jones Idea.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Looks amazing, i really hope this becomes popularized and this style of 'run' map takes over the outdated rolling kill ball thing. It never really functioned properly (you could spawn in behind it, sometimes they would despawn, you could even walk slowly at certain parts on Indiana Jones maps to let the killball spawn ahead of you and the just amble on behind it). The only thing the killball ever had going for it was that it looked pretty damn cool, but that was hardly noticeable since you had to run away from it :laugh:

Reactions: Kung Kamne

petetheduck

Proficient
May 17, 2013
petetheduck updated Speedrun [Minigame] with a new update entry:

Scoring issue fixed

I've updated Speedrun to address an issue with scoring;

If the second-to-last player fell off the map, they would be killed by a hard kill boundary (thereby ending the round) before the last player had time to score 1 point in the hill (which would have correctly end the round in that scenario). The result is occasionally the winning player wouldn't score a point.

I moved the kill boundaries to well below the map to resolve this issue.

Thanks for playing!!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
"Pete the duck has been awarded "Winner of the Minigame Contest" with his entry of Speedrun!"

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
What the heck

Pete

Maker of maps which involve screaming and shouting at the people who always seem to manage to block off wherever you need to go and then jump on top of you while you're in midair like a mario on a goomba......

Y u do dis

makin an awesome map that you can't even see because of the dumb people who can't make the first jump.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
What the heck

Pete

Maker of maps which involve screaming and shouting at the people who always seem to manage to block off wherever you need to go and then jump on top of you while you're in midair like a mario on a goomba......

Y u do dis

makin an awesome map that you can't even see because of the dumb people who can't make the first jump.
Thats what the multiple routes are for. Take an unusual route to avoid the crowd, it's a risk/reward kind of situation

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Thats what the multiple routes are for. Take an unusual route to avoid the crowd, it's a risk/reward kind of situation

Multiple routes don't help when you have multiple people running multiple routes friggin jumping on the wrong platform then landing on your head sending both of you down to death.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
What the heck

Pete

Y u do dis

I've never had this issue, to be fair.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Multiple routes don't help when you have multiple people running multiple routes friggin jumping on the wrong platform then landing on your head sending both of you down to death.

find new routes then, this never happens to me ;) right at the beginning is the part you get pushed off the most. take a right and jump over the gap, very few people take that path and i never got pushed or jumped on, after that it's even easier to avoid everyone

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
find new routes then, this never happens to me ;) right at the beginning is the part you get pushed off the most. take a right and jump over the gap, very few people take that path and i never got pushed or jumped on, after that it's even easier to avoid everyone

I go right.

TurbTastic

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
Wisconsin
Love the map. I'm curious if there is a way that I can modify settings so that the round ends when all players die. I want to have a version where I can do solo runs and also one that allows a player to keep progressing even if he is the last one in a large lobby. My first instinct was obviously to increase the score to win, and this allows the final player to progress until he dies. The only remaining issue is that if everyone dies the round doesn't end until the time runs out. Does this seem possible to you?