Remake Sector 14

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA
Headlong (version 3,0) - New and improved

Although during the day Section 14 monitors almost all harbour traffic, at night it's one of the city's most notorious hangouts"

Well I've been working on this for a while but never got around to finishing it until now.... I would like to present Headlong 3.0- New and Improved. I'll post a link to my other version here for those who want to...

Read more about this map...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Not bad. Not accurate either though. I feel like it was remade from memory, and not properly scaled due to that. I'm picky with remakes though. That's just me.

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
It is pretty much impossible to do an exact remake especially in Forge right now anyway. I am impressed with how well you remade this classic map. Good work.

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA
Thanks everyone!
Could you add a overhead pic.
Of course I can..... Just give me some time.

Headlong10_zps27356d21.jpg
Not bad. Not accurate either though. I feel like it was remade from memory, and not properly scaled due to that. I'm picky with remakes though. That's just me.
Yes and no; Unfortunely the only true hardview of Headlong I have was Reach (my Halo 2 died :( )so its really more based off of Breakneck (still the same design.... mostly) This is a inital redesign for me and is likely to change. I know that the office building as well as blue building are not accurate. Office the floors are not at the right height and Blue........ the bane of my existence; thats all im going to say about blue. The scale is off but due to item restraints. Headlong is a 8v8 and due to my scale mine is a 6v6 MAX; but still thanks. :)

It is pretty much impossible to do an exact remake especially in Forge right now anyway. I am impressed with how well you remade this classic map. Good work.
True..... So very true but thanks; glad you like it.

Last edited:

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA
TMR Legend updated Sector 14 with a new update entry:

New name, New stuff

Well as always as soon as I release a map I IMMEDIATELY start the improvement process and this map is no different. My bud gave me the idea to get this remake to be up to matchmaking standards and that meant to me make it more accurate..... I did.

New Blue Base (still ain't perfect but its definitely a step in the right direction)

image_zpsf615e9ca.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA
It would be possible... Just take a modded one. Delete the rocks and only use the blocks and there's gonna be no framerate issue. ;)
I've had twelve people on this map and believe it or not there actually is no frame rate issues that's only in forge for some reason... But thanks for looking though. To be honest I've thought about using a modded one but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Last edited:

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA

Final Update

This is my final update for my remake.... ;( It truely has came a long way from my original on halo reach and im so pround of the way it turned out...... My update is all the missing paths are now in (tunnel and the other lift by red base) They can all be seen on the main post along with all my new screenshots. I really hope y'all give them a look and please tell me how I've done as I have exhausted all my forge options without the use of mods. As always I hope y'all enjoy as I have made this...

TMR Legend

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Dallas, GA

Why must I always find a way to improve?

OK just when I thought that Ive done all that I could do to make this accurate I find a way to compromise and improve... Whats changed? redesigned blue base and moved it so that the back alley is move open and that the side is also more accessable. Blue base got interior design changes as well as some exterior. Moved tunnel to correct location. General aesthetics and design improvements all around.... Map feels more like a construction site now.... Posted new pics on main.