HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
38546460.jpg

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee
My sadest moments in gaming would have to be the xbox one's crappy name
the xbox ones reveal
and the fact my cable box broke and now im going to buy an xbox one to replace it.

nah for realz this is my top three
3. The cut scene in mass effect 3 where the kid gets blown up.
2. Coming back to see my family in fable 2
1. still deciding

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I don't often get sad about gaming moments... but when I do...

Tai was such a symbol of strength and resolve throughout the game... I couldn't believe that he became so broken by the locusts. That contrast is what shocked me the most.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Ashley is unlikable in every way. She was a racist rude bitch who was jealous of Liara when I accepted Liara over her.

See I didnt mind her. I liked her over Kadian (I think thats his name) because she wasnt "as whiny" about things. Plus Kadian felt too much like a bromance in the first game. Not something I was interested in. Though I did hear that they had intended to add in a gay/lesbian romance for either of those characters (which ever one lived) in ME3 but it was never done.

The thing about Ashley for me was that she looked like the ugly tree in ME and ME2. She didnt fall down and hit a branch or all the branches, she was the damn thing. Now in ME3 she was amazing to see, like damn dude. But that is besides the point. I loved Liara far more than her in every game and Tali is amazing as well. Dont even mention Miranda, she is up there too.

Anyways this is my saddest moment of gaming and I have played games for a very, very, very long time:

Game: Dishonored
When Corvo Attano is meeting with the Empress and he successfully defends her for a while she is eventually murdered and the Princess is taken before his eyes as he is held helpless to stop them. Then he is framed for her murder and the abduction of the Princess. Whats more is that later on in the game they hint more and more at Corvo being Princess Emily's father. A child of the late Empress who is unmarried.The whole game is tragic and I have never gotten anywhere near the sense of enjoyment in ruining or ending the lives of those bastards who framed Corvo in any other game.

Jun 5, 2013
Planet Reach
See I didnt mind her. I liked her over Kadian (I think thats his name) because she wasnt "as whiny" about things. Plus Kadian felt too much like a bromance in the first game. Not something I was interested in. Though I did hear that they had intended to add in a gay/lesbian romance for either of those characters (which ever one lived) in ME3 but it was never done.

The thing about Ashley for me was that she looked like the ugly tree in ME and ME2. She didnt fall down and hit a branch or all the branches, she was the damn thing. Now in ME3 she was amazing to see, like damn dude. But that is besides the point. I loved Liara far more than her in every game and Tali is amazing as well. Dont even mention Miranda, she is up there too.

Anyways this is my saddest moment of gaming and I have played games for a very, very, very long time:

Game: Dishonored
When Corvo Attano is meeting with the Empress and he successfully defends her for a while she is eventually murdered and the Princess is taken before his eyes as he is held helpless to stop them. Then he is framed for her murder and the abduction of the Princess. Whats more is that later on in the game they hint more and more at Corvo being Princess Emily's father. A child of the late Empress who is unmarried.The whole game is tragic and I have never gotten anywhere near the sense of enjoyment in ruining or ending the lives of those bastards who framed Corvo in any other game.

Kaiden did kind of rub his feelings (nuts) a bit too much on me lol. He was also incredibly one-dimensional and..just plain BORING. Which is why I wished there was an option to leave both Ashley and Kaiden during that Saren battle in the dam.

Elite Sniper

Novice
Jul 11, 2013
Athens, Greece
The saddest moments for me would be:
*SPOILERS*
  • Halo 4 - Cortana "ending service" (She didn't die...)
  • Gears of War 3 - Dom's death ;(
  • Halo 3 - Stg. Johnson's death :(
  • Mass Effect 3 - Shepard's and Anderson's death
And some other sad moments / deaths I might have missed...

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I feel like I am the only one here who has played Dishonored...

That's a game I have unjustifiably never played. I was really excited about it until I heard a few bad things. Kinda ruined the illusion of being amazing. Got psyched up big-time for its release though.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
That's a game I have unjustifiably never played. I was really excited about it until I heard a few bad things. Kinda ruined the illusion of being amazing. Got psyched up big-time for its release though.

That is a shame. While by no means a game of the year it is one of the best from that year. I find it to be kind of a cross between Assassin's Creed and Fable. The choices aren't extreme but they do alter the environment to a degree (IE more guards or more weepers). Plus it always is amusing to summon a pack of rats on some guards to eat them alive or to stop time and activate a spring razor trap on a frozen guards chest.

Reactions: Tedium