Flood Rust

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback! I know it's a little to small so I will be updating it in the coming week. I'm about to change my gamer tag to Affreckles from my old gamer tag which I made when I was younger (aka really bad name maker). Thanks anyway.

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Affreckles updated Rust with a new update entry:

Rust 1.1

Rust 1.1
By Affreckles
(Download the file called 'Rust 1.1')

Versian Update

Changes -

• Added an extra 2 x 4 area to the first room
  • Taken away a random drop to leave only 3
  • Fixed flood re-spawn problems
After receiving some feedback that it should be made bigger. I changed the first room to add a 2 x 4 area so if the flood got in it would make it slightly easier to defend.

NOTE: Currently no pictures of the new map as my theater is not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Alright so I tested Rust 1.1 last night.

-Flood initial and respawns were not working. You had a huge soft kill where they spawn and they can't get out of it in time so they end up dying before reaching the humans. If the humans can't get out of the map, there's no reason for a soft kill.

-I couldn't really tell how the holdout played because of the soft kill problem, but in general the map had a very impressive look to it. Well done on the aesthetics!

-Try to stay away from 1x1 doors. Small doorways or hallways in Last Stand make it very frustrating for humans because they will constantly get stuck running into other players. Open those doors up wider or make another door.

-In general, the map could be bigger and more expansive, maps that are too small can contribute to the "players colliding with each other" problem.

-Let me know when you've addressed the problems and I'll test it again.

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Thanks you very much for the feedback! Sorry if it annoyed you with stupid mistakes like the soft kill boundry.

I knew there was going to be some problems and I spotted them after I posted the map. I will change the size of the doors as you suggested and make it even bigger.

Thanks again, I will update it some time this week. :)

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013

Map re-design

Rust
By Affreckles

So I took in to consideration all of the feedback and decided to re-design almost all of the map.
Added -
  • New upper room with mounted machine gun turret.
  • Two door ways to the balcony instead of one.
  • More routs for the flood to get to the humans but increased the sightlines as well.
Map overview -View attachment 7070View attachment 7076
The balcony with a initial drop and a random drop.
View attachment 7078
View attachment 7079...

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Hey man. I love the new update. Unfortunately I was still able to get out of the holdout. The balcony railings need to be raised a bit. Other than that, can't wait to test it again.

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
Cheers PA1NTS!
My internet is playing up sometimes and my Xbox live is down at the moment so don't expect much, sorry about that. I hope the gameplay was alright, I was worried that the flood would jump to high to get into the little barricade windows and that there was no definition of the different holdout areas.
Anyway, thanks once again for looking at the map!

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Cheers PA1NTS!
My internet is playing up sometimes and my Xbox live is down at the moment so don't expect much, sorry about that. I hope the gameplay was alright, I was worried that the flood would jump to high to get into the little barricade windows and that there was no definition of the different holdout areas.
Anyway, thanks once again for looking at the map!
Did you fix the Base Stripe barriers?

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013

Minor changes and edits

After months of toying with the map it's finally finished.
Added-
  • Extra random drop and the level of weapons in them decreased.
  • Removed some asthetics (sadly) to make way for in game combat tweaks.
  • Added a couple of new barriers and blocks and natrual objects here and there.
I hope people like what they see and can have a good time with it.
Thanks - Affreckles

P.s, there are no photos, check the map yourself for more of a surprise!

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013
I am pretty sure it's unbreakable, to the point at which purposly trying to break it is extremely difficult. I'm awaiting testing from PA1NTS though, so hopefully it works as a last stand map and does his gametype justice. Feedback would be great from anyone though.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
It's fine dude. No one starts out great. For someone new to this, you actually created a rather decent map. A second floor would be great. Basically, the map needs more content such as verticality and holdout locations.

I would also recommend changing your spawning system. Make sure the Flood spawn in safe areas because there were some respawn points in the map that were in the wide open.

Secondly, spawning in Last Stand should be using teleporters. Have the Flood respawn inside a sender node that links to multiple receiver nodes. That way, spawning isn't affected by player proximity making the Flood respawns unpredictable. If you're confused, you can check some existing Last Stand maps such as Plaza, Substance, Constellation, Cornerstone Manor, etc.

Reactions: wizton

Affreckles

Qualified
Dec 21, 2013

Adding a second floor and fixing spawning

Rust Versian Final V2
Added -
  • Second floor with two human access staicases
  • Teleporter spawns to make flood spawns unpredictable
  • Intial drops addedd: Needeler, Magnum
  • Random drops now have:
  1. Assault Rifle
  2. Assault Rifle
  3. Frag grenades x2
  4. Promethean vision or Regeneration Field
  5. Auto sentry
(note: some safer drops may not contain armor abilitys)

My images are refusing to be downloaded in anything other than Firefox (I don't even use it) so...

Reactions: Zandril