Mini Game Reaper

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Reaper (version 2016-02-07) - Avoid the Reaper's grasp or be dragged to the underworld.

Hello, everyone! I'm back with my second Halo 5 minigame: Reaper!

Map name: Reaper
Gametype name: Reaper

The objective of this horror themed minigame is simple: One red player controls the reaper, a spooky hazard suit with some scripting goodness, and the rest of the players (all on blue team) avoid the reaper to survive. If you're caught by the reaper, you'll be teleported to your death.

The way the reaper is controlled is by what is basically a giant d-pad on the map that...

Read more about this map...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area

I played this today (gasp) and I have a suggestion. The game mode appears to have multiple rounds which switch team siding despite having asymmetrical teams. If you want to preserve multiple rounds and preserve the one player composition of red team, you could use the reverse of my Attack & Defend Breakout spawning in order to keep spawns from flipping each rounds. If not, I would suggest disabling subsequent rounds as organizing team changing en masse each round is not really practical.

Last edited:

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04

I played this today (gasp) and I have a suggestion. The game mode appears to have multiple rounds which switch team siding despite having asymmetrical teams. If you want to preserve multiple rounds and preserve the one player composition of red team, you could use the reverse of my Attack & Defend Breakout spawning in order to keep spawns from flipping each rounds. If not, I would suggest disabling subsequent rounds as organizing team changing en masse each round is not really practical.

Seriously? That's weird. I've played this multiple times with the same gametype (3 rounds) and it's always kept the one red player up top.

Oh well I'll probably just change it to 1 round because if it's happening to you I'm sure it's happened to others. Thanks for letting me know!

Also, what did you think overall?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The gametype is based off of Strongholds, is it not? If so, it will switch sides each round. We ended the match after the first round in anticipation of this based on our experience with a few other mini games we were testing. If it doesn't use Strongholds, then disregard everything above.

We enjoyed the game, though we only played the one round. It would definitely be nice if it didn't require manual team composition, but I realize that isn't an option currently. I haven't checked out the scripting yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that.

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
The gametype is based off of Strongholds, is it not? If so, it will switch sides each round. We ended the match after the first round in anticipation of this based on our experience with a few other mini games we were testing. If it doesn't use Strongholds, then disregard everything above.

We enjoyed the game, though we only played the one round. It would definitely be nice if it didn't require manual team composition, but I realize that isn't an option currently. I haven't checked out the scripting yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that.
Nah. Team Slayer.

I'll definitely rework the gametype and map when infection releases.