Halo Realistic Tires idea

Would you like to see this in the next (FPS)Halo?

• Total voters
Jan 22, 2013
So, basically the Plasma Pistol?
Just a different take on it, similar to how the scattershot and shotgun are both shotguns but function slightly different. They could distinguish the weapons in many way.
Examples/ ideas
- UNSC UVA(underground vehicle assistant) has a small drill that you have to lock onto a vehicle at short range for 2-3 seconds. This will track the vehicle underground. If the vehicle can't dodge it, the drill will explode under the vehicle causing it to possibly flip, have to swerve, or slow down . Does very little damage to the vehicle.
- Forerunner Vaporshot similar to a plasma pistol but it fires a small red ball that has minimal vehicle tracking but fires very fast. When it hits the vehicle, it makes whatever wheel it hits incinerates for a short period of time and makes the vehicle less stable and more likely to flip.
These both would only work for enemy vehicles to prevent trolling

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Just a different take on it, similar to how the scattershot and shotgun are both shotguns but function slightly different. They could distinguish the weapons in many way.
Examples/ ideas
- UNSC UVA(underground vehicle assistant) has a small drill that you have to lock onto a vehicle at short range for 2-3 seconds. This will track the vehicle underground. If the vehicle can't dodge it, the drill will explode under the vehicle causing it to possibly flip, have to swerve, or slow down . Does very little damage to the vehicle.
- Forerunner Vaporshot similar to a plasma pistol but it fires a small red ball that has minimal vehicle tracking but fires very fast. When it hits the vehicle, it makes whatever wheel it hits incinerates for a short period of time and makes the vehicle less stable and more likely to flip.
These both would only work for enemy vehicles to prevent trolling

There's a thread on this forum where a guy suggested 79 different weapons, most of which were there for the sake of having more guns. Those two suggestions feel the same way to me. Unnecessary and trying to fill a niche that's already filled.

Reactions: Psychoduck
Jan 22, 2013
There's a thread on this forum where a guy suggested 79 different weapons, most of which were there for the sake of having more guns. Those two suggestions feel the same way to me. Unnecessary and trying to fill a niche that's already filled.
There is one emp weapon in the whole game, what's wrong with 2 new weapons, so each race has one. It would make more possibilities for customs, and can be adjusted to be balanced for competitive.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
There is one emp weapon in the whole game, what's wrong with 2 new weapons, so each race has one. It would make more possibilities for customs, and can be adjusted to be balanced for competitive.

But those weapons would be superfluous. Each weapon it the game fills a specific niche/ style of combat. If you look at Halo 4's weapons, none of them plays exactly the same way as any other weapon. If weapons that do the same thing are put into the next Halo, we'll end up with more weapons than variation.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA
Jan 22, 2013
But those weapons would be superfluous. Each weapon it the game fills a specific niche/ style of combat. If you look at Halo 4's weapons, none of them plays exactly the same way as any other weapon. If weapons that do the same thing are put into the next Halo, we'll end up with more weapons than variation.
This is a realistic tire thread , I'm just giving ideas that would be cool if they wanted to do something like that in the halo. The whole idea will probably never happen. So post your own ideas and contribute. Not be a hardass

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I'm just stating that adding new weapons that do the same thing as existing weapons is pointless. Also, I've already posted most of my ideas for Halo 5 or whatever it's going to be called about 4 times in the forum, and I really don't feel like posting them again, especially seeing as they're mostly to do with Forge, not actual gameplay.

Jan 22, 2013
I'm just stating that adding new weapons that do the same thing as existing weapons is pointless. Also, I've already posted most of my ideas for Halo 5 or whatever it's going to be called about 4 times in the forum, and I really don't feel like posting them again, especially seeing as they're mostly to do with Forge, not actual gameplay.
I would love to see some ideas from the niche expert;)

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I would love to see some ideas from the niche expert;)

I'm not a 'niche expert', as you put it. I've just picked up on things.
And if you want to see the list, here:
The7thSeal said:
  • Being able to group objects together and move groups easily, instead of having to move objects separately
  • Modifiable Gravity volumes. So you can change the size and strength of them, to the point of anti-gravity.
  • Modifiable Shield Doors. Making them larger/smaller, changing the shape, things like that.
  • A choice in the time of day of the map.
  • Weather choices (Rain, snow, mist, etc.)
  • A large forge canvas (Naturally), with different climates or choices for the climate of one large map, as well as a colour palette that matches the chosen climate
  • Interactive objects, such as doors, bridges, drop pods, etc., which we can open and close/activate at will.
  • More forgeable vehicles. Hopefully some kind of UNSC aircraft, maybe even an Elephant or something similar.
  • More aesthetic objects, such as a rubble, destroyed vehicles, blood splatters.
  • More useful buildings. I find it hard to use any of the forgeable buildings for anything I need.
  • Additional Natural objects. Add trees, dirt piles, dirt craters (basically a pile with a crater in it).
  • Increase the budget, as well as the amount of objects available in the different categories
  • Fixed Dynamic Lighting. Being able to toggle it on and off, and for it to have a larger budget.
  • Forging underwater, as in being able to fully submerge objects, for them to be visible underwater, and that Spartans can be fully submerged without dying (without glitches or going out of map).
  • Full customization of Custom Gametypes (i.e. Modifiable damage resistance for different body parts, seperate modification of traits for different loadouts, as well as different loadouts for different teams).
  • The return of missing gametypes (Infection(or Custom Flood), Race, Invasion, etc.)
  • The Return of Custom powerups.
  • The Return of Dual wielding for Customs

Jan 22, 2013
I don't have any, because I don't have anything on the lines of realistic tires.
If you have nothing to say about this thread then why are you on it? If you have nothing to add to the thread don't post , and tell other people there ideas are pointless. When you have no ideas of your own

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
If you have nothing to say about this thread then why are you on it? If you have nothing to add to the thread don't post , and tell other people there ideas are pointless. When you have no ideas of your own
I said I have nothing to add, not that I have nothing to say. Just because I'm not building on the original poster's idea, doesn't not mean that I can't point out and explain the flaws in the ideas of others.
Also, some of the time, people don't think these ideas through fully. For example, one thread I was in effectively spat out ideas, that were pointless, nonsensical, or game breaking.

Jan 22, 2013
I said I have nothing to add, not that I have nothing to say. Just because I'm not building on the original poster's idea, doesn't not mean that I can't point out and explain the flaws in the ideas of others.
Also, some of the time, people don't think these ideas through fully. For example, one thread I was in effectively spat out ideas, that were pointless, nonsensical, or game breaking.
So you admit you just came here to criticize other people. You don't even give constructive criticism, like" hey that might be op, maybe if it was more like this.. Or this it would be better" rather then being a hardass who's quick to judge everyone else but has no ideas yourself. get a life dude

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Ok, ok, that's enough. Threads are here for discussion, posts aren't meant to all just come in and support the topic, if people disagree with the points in the OP, they're welcome to say so. Criticism is never a bad thing if handled properly. It's not like Seal is bashing anyone's ideas, he's merely stating why he disagrees with them, and he's bringing perfectly valid points to the table to support his argument. It's unfortunate that so many people see actual debate as a bad thing. Having a mature argument is a good thing. I understand that many people would rather just casually throw ideas around, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, attempting to quell actual discussion is counter-productive. Let's just handle the topic maturely and not try to bash people, ok?

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
get a life dude

By saying this you show little intelligence, and all points made are invalid. Besides, 7th is correct(imo) and may post whatever he wants anyway.

Back on Topic: I don't think theres much to discuss we generally agree that realistic tires would be fun for customs but other wise is a bad idea. We also seem to agree that it isn't worth the time to make it compared to other things that the time would be better spent on.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
By saying this you show little intelligence, and all points made are invalid. Besides, 7th is correct(imo) and may post whatever he wants anyway.

Back on Topic: I don't think theres much to discuss we generally agree that realistic tires would be fun for customs but other wise is a bad idea. We also seem to agree that it isn't worth the time to make it compared to other things that the time would be better spent on.

I also doubt that they'd ever include it anyway, seeing as the Warthog's tires are actually stated as almost indestructible in Halo 4's canon.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I also doubt that they'd ever include it anyway, seeing as the Warthog's tires are actually stated as almost indestructible in Halo 4's canon.

Not indestructible but solid. They cant go flat because they don't have any air or gas in them to start with. Just solid rubber. The mongoose on the other hand might not have solid tires, but then I never paid any attention to the mongoose so I wouldn't know.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Not indestructible but solid. They cant go flat because they don't have any air or gas in them to start with. Just solid rubber. The mongoose on the other hand might not have solid tires, but then I never paid any attention to the mongoose so I wouldn't know.

Actually, and I quote, 'The Warthog's tires have moved away from previous inert-gas pocket inflation with equally burst-proof single unit nanotube skeletons. They provide the buoyancy and ride of gas-pocket tires, but are almost indestructible.'
Also, the Mongoose could work with realistic tires, but the fact that it offers no actual protection makes that idea sort of redundant.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
The general idea is basically a Saints Row/GTA like tire system(you shoot a tire it goes flat). The problem is in an FPS like Halo it would be extremely easy to do and vehicular combat isn't very good as is. I'd think it would have to be weapon specific and with uh... "major advancements in tire technology" it would make sense that that a tire takes multiple DMR shots to blow it, and a needler could keep it inflated until the needle pop'ed. Personally, I don't think it would work but I'd like to see 343 throw it into the H5(?) Beta and it eventually become a custom games option.

The military already has tires that can sustain being hit with multiple rounds and continue functioning.