Core Power Strip

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Power Strip (version 2016-01-29) - Two bases face off across a pit with bridges. Don't fall! Designed for small team Slayer and FFA.

Two symmetrical bases overlook an open pit with bridges down the middle. Plasma caster, overshield and needler weapon pads spawn in the middle at different levels of elevation. Designed for smaller team sizes, this map puts you in the action right from spawn. There are plenty of close quarters fights to be had in the lower levels, and in Strongholds and CTF modes gravity launchers spawn and open windows spawn in the main bases that open escape...

Read more about this map...

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
This looks pretty cool. It reminds me just a bit of Sword Base which isn't a bad thing provided it avoids some of that map's issues. A group of us get together pretty often to test core maps and share feedback in this thread. Feel free to join us if you'd like to get some serious playtests on this or other maps of yours.

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Thanks man! I think you're spot on about Sword Base - I didn't think about it, but I was probably subconsciously inspired by it. It's a similar concept but smaller...Dagger Base, perhaps?

Thanks for the invite to your feedback thread. I'll definitely introduce myself. As I said this is my first map ever and I haven't done a ton of play testing on this map thus far...

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Pat Sounds updated Power Strip with a new update entry:

Version 1.1

Just posting this here, though the update has been live for a few days...

Mostly aesthetic changes come with this update. Sticking with the nighttime lighting scheme, I've added a fair deal of lighting and special effects throughout the level. The energy bridges flicker and glow, there are control boxes with animated lights here and there, there's more fog, and the area around the level has been dressed up with some more detail scenery to make everything come alive.

Gameplay changes:

I've...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pat Sounds

Novice
Jan 29, 2016
Pat Sounds updated Power Strip with a new update entry:

Power Strip Version 2.6

It's been a while since I posted an update, but I've been doing a lot of work on this map lately. I've gotten a lot of feedback from play testing recently and have made the following major changes to the map:

- Switched to a daytime theme, as many players complained about it being to dark in some places. Adjusted colors / aesthetics to better fit the new lighting.

- I expanded the bridges on either side of the level into larger platforms, in an effort to create power positions. On the the...

Read the rest of this update entry...