Gaming Pokemon Discussion Thread

What's your favourite Generation?

• Total voters

pinohkio

Proficient
Dec 30, 2012
New Brunswick, Canada
Pokemon_Text.png

Do you like Pokemon? Do you like Threads? Do you like Discussions? If you answered yes to one of the three previous questions, this is the place for you!

"What can I do here?", I hear you all asking. Well, this is a place for us to discuss Pokemon, obviously; but more specifically it's a place to talk about your favourite Pokemon, favourite techniques, favourite technical machines, competitive battling tips and tricks, etcetera! This is a safe haven for us, as we are oft shunned outside of college/university for our love.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
M̛͓̳̯̠̰̽̉̉ͯͦ͘i̝̟̲̻̪̗ͫ̒̈̂̀s̨͎ͨ̇̂ͦͨ͊̏̚͠͠s̼̲̫ͧ͛̿͋̽i̵͉̇ͤ͆̀ṋ̬̠ͨͭ̈̾͟g̢̟̼̙̘̙̜̗̤̫̾̎͋͛͐̃͂ͬn̯ͤ͐̈́o̓̿̆̈́ͯ̽͐̍̍҉͔̬͇͍͈̯͢.̵͍̫̰̻̑̾̋̓ͅ
̳̔̃͝M̧̼̯̠̞̺͉͑͒i̯̰̙͖͐̋s̴̷̑͊͐͆̀̇͗͑ͩ͏͕̣̘s̵̪͈͉̻͕̮̱͑̃̒̕ḯ̸̯̲̗͉͍͍̭ͪ͑͞n̷͚͚̱̥͒̈́͗͡g͈͍̳̪̲̭͂̀͗̀n̸͚̠̔ͫo̸̰̪͈̟̤͕̫̩ͫ̈ͤ͒̐̀ͨ.̡͍̗̖̽̈̅̀̈́̋
̝̖͖͉̘̩͖̈ͦ́̅ͤ̋͆ͅM̴̡̨̲̤͖̏i̺͍͖̣̭͚͂ͧͣ͑̇̓͋̆ͫs̞̹͔͂̇̇ͯ̄̓̑̈́͢ͅs̵͈̺̲̟͎̯ͯ̾͒̀͒ͦ̚͘ͅi̜͎̣͔̖͇̲͕̭ͪ͛͋͒̓͋̔ͯ͟n͉̈́̌͒͌̋͝g̷̣̯̝̳͈̤ͭ̍ͬ̀ͥͨn̗̥̼̗̪ͨ́̍̑ͭͯ͘ͅǫ̦̼͙̼͙͚̠̖̾ͨ̎̊̐̽̎̔.̣̳̲̆̀͑͐ͯ̏̈́͗
͈̘̞̗̖̯͙̳̒ͮͩ̏ͬ̇ͪ́́M̢̝̏̏̄ͤ͊ͯ̃̀̀̚i̛̘̰͔̝̳̱ͤ͂̅̉͗͌̑s̸̵̪̟̮̏͗̽̌͡sͥ̈́̾̈͒̀͏̱͔̣͕i̺̘͒́͆̌̂n̹̻̋ͪ́̾ͮ̏͒͑̅g̷̢͚̭͉̞͚̍͐ͩͨͤͣ̾ͭ̂n̵̛̺͉ͫ̋͛͑͌ͨͥo̸̶̪͎̦̟͓̖̔ͮ̈́̃ͪ̅͂̾̔.͚̤͒ͫ̑̿̃͢
͐̏̄̆̃͗̂̓͏̶̯̰͘M̷̥͚͉̱͔̐͑ͧ̕ī͕̩̬̱̘̦̅͆̚s̴͍̠̪̬̥̪̻͐͒̋ͫ̋͋͢ṣ̶͇̎̓͒̋̄̔̔ͩ̚͝ī͕͎͓̲̲̖̽ͨ̂͂͝ͅn͓̘̟̱ͫ̄ͭ̕͡g̴̩̬̺̻̝̈́͐͒̏̌̍ͩͩ̀ͅn̐̄̆҉̭̯͍̱̣ȍ̡̡̥̙̯̓̆̄̑̚͟.̨̧̼̖̜̳͔͉̞ͣͣͮͣ̀̚
̛͓͚̜̝͇͉̲͓̳̎̈̓͊̄͡M̖ͮ̈̄͌͑̽͡i̲̮ͨ̒͑͑͋́s̮͓̗̟̀̏̅̑̚s͈̗̙͍ͭͧ̅ͭ̐͡i̛̖͙̽ͨ̾̊̒͂̓n̷͙͕͕̠̤̦͖̻̓ͦ̏ͥͤ̒̅ģ̯̣̮͍͍͆̀ͮ̈́̐n̜̻̯̫̏̏ͥͯ́ͬ͆͑o̠̙͊̓ͦ́̐͘͡.̶̛̙̗͓̬͎̺̗͈̉̇͟

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
M̛͓̳̯̠̰̽̉̉ͯͦ͘i̝̟̲̻̪̗ͫ̒̈̂̀s̨͎ͨ̇̂ͦͨ͊̏̚͠͠s̼̲̫ͧ͛̿͋̽i̵͉̇ͤ͆̀ṋ̬̠ͨͭ̈̾͟g̢̟̼̙̘̙̜̗̤̫̾̎͋͛͐̃͂ͬn̯ͤ͐̈́o̓̿̆̈́ͯ̽͐̍̍҉͔̬͇͍͈̯͢.̵͍̫̰̻̑̾̋̓ͅ
̳̔̃͝M̧̼̯̠̞̺͉͑͒i̯̰̙͖͐̋s̴̷̑͊͐͆̀̇͗͑ͩ͏͕̣̘s̵̪͈͉̻͕̮̱͑̃̒̕ḯ̸̯̲̗͉͍͍̭ͪ͑͞n̷͚͚̱̥͒̈́͗͡g͈͍̳̪̲̭͂̀͗̀n̸͚̠̔ͫo̸̰̪͈̟̤͕̫̩ͫ̈ͤ͒̐̀ͨ.̡͍̗̖̽̈̅̀̈́̋
̝̖͖͉̘̩͖̈ͦ́̅ͤ̋͆ͅM̴̡̨̲̤͖̏i̺͍͖̣̭͚͂ͧͣ͑̇̓͋̆ͫs̞̹͔͂̇̇ͯ̄̓̑̈́͢ͅs̵͈̺̲̟͎̯ͯ̾͒̀͒ͦ̚͘ͅi̜͎̣͔̖͇̲͕̭ͪ͛͋͒̓͋̔ͯ͟n͉̈́̌͒͌̋͝g̷̣̯̝̳͈̤ͭ̍ͬ̀ͥͨn̗̥̼̗̪ͨ́̍̑ͭͯ͘ͅǫ̦̼͙̼͙͚̠̖̾ͨ̎̊̐̽̎̔.̣̳̲̆̀͑͐ͯ̏̈́͗
͈̘̞̗̖̯͙̳̒ͮͩ̏ͬ̇ͪ́́M̢̝̏̏̄ͤ͊ͯ̃̀̀̚i̛̘̰͔̝̳̱ͤ͂̅̉͗͌̑s̸̵̪̟̮̏͗̽̌͡sͥ̈́̾̈͒̀͏̱͔̣͕i̺̘͒́͆̌̂n̹̻̋ͪ́̾ͮ̏͒͑̅g̷̢͚̭͉̞͚̍͐ͩͨͤͣ̾ͭ̂n̵̛̺͉ͫ̋͛͑͌ͨͥo̸̶̪͎̦̟͓̖̔ͮ̈́̃ͪ̅͂̾̔.͚̤͒ͫ̑̿̃͢
͐̏̄̆̃͗̂̓͏̶̯̰͘M̷̥͚͉̱͔̐͑ͧ̕ī͕̩̬̱̘̦̅͆̚s̴͍̠̪̬̥̪̻͐͒̋ͫ̋͋͢ṣ̶͇̎̓͒̋̄̔̔ͩ̚͝ī͕͎͓̲̲̖̽ͨ̂͂͝ͅn͓̘̟̱ͫ̄ͭ̕͡g̴̩̬̺̻̝̈́͐͒̏̌̍ͩͩ̀ͅn̐̄̆҉̭̯͍̱̣ȍ̡̡̥̙̯̓̆̄̑̚͟.̨̧̼̖̜̳͔͉̞ͣͣͮͣ̀̚
̛͓͚̜̝͇͉̲͓̳̎̈̓͊̄͡M̖ͮ̈̄͌͑̽͡i̲̮ͨ̒͑͑͋́s̮͓̗̟̀̏̅̑̚s͈̗̙͍ͭͧ̅ͭ̐͡i̛̖͙̽ͨ̾̊̒͂̓n̷͙͕͕̠̤̦͖̻̓ͦ̏ͥͤ̒̅ģ̯̣̮͍͍͆̀ͮ̈́̐n̜̻̯̫̏̏ͥͯ́ͬ͆͑o̠̙͊̓ͦ́̐͘͡.̶̛̙̗͓̬͎̺̗͈̉̇͟

Missingno stories? One time I had a level 360 Golbat in Blue.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
You can't be serious...

Hey, it was probably one of the main reasons GameBoy was a hit. Anyway my favorites gotta be Red, just the older graphics really made the game special, my favorite pokemon is Charizard. I gotta say, I don't a 3DS nor do I plan to get one but I really hate that the new games are going to have 3D models. It seems that with each generation(and I know how stupid this sounds) the pokemon are getting more "cartoony" and less bulky and desirable. That being said I've been displeased with pokemon since gen 3, to the point of using an Action Replay to get pokemon I like and capturing next to none naturally(even removing the starter pokemon).

Reactions: RogerDodger

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
It seems that with each generation(and I know how stupid this sounds) the pokemon are getting more "cartoony" and less bulky and desirable. That being said I've been displeased with pokemon since gen 3, to the point of using an Action Replay to get pokemon I like and capturing next to none naturally(even removing the starter pokemon).

After they hit the Hoenn games, they got sloppy with creating new ones. One day they'll get to this guy...
WubFjDefNxEn.jpg

Also I generally use Pokegen to make Pokemon because it's just too much of a hassle to raise them all the "correct" way (with good EVs, IVs and natures). A website out there has something similar where you literally just battle with Pokemon, and they copied all the battle mechanics over there. That'll be the future of the game unless they change how Pokemon works.

Chron

Adept
Dec 31, 2012
Australia
Hey, it was probably one of the main reasons GameBoy was a hit. Anyway my favorites gotta be Red, just the older graphics really made the game special, my favorite pokemon is Charizard. I gotta say, I don't a 3DS nor do I plan to get one but I really hate that the new games are going to have 3D models. It seems that with each generation(and I know how stupid this sounds) the pokemon are getting more "cartoony" and less bulky and desirable. That being said I've been displeased with pokemon since gen 3, to the point of using an Action Replay to get pokemon I like and capturing next to none naturally(even removing the starter pokemon).

Meh, while the quality has dropped over time I still think they're doing a good job with making Pokemon designs. Gen V was pretty disappointing but it added some fucking amazing Pokemon such as Haxorus, Braviary and Servine. In saying that, the Pokemon that have been revealed for Gen VI all look pretty sweet. Hopefully that level of quality stays throughout all of the new Pokemon designs.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Meh, while the quality has dropped over time I still think they're doing a good job with making Pokemon designs. Gen V was pretty disappointing but it added some fucking amazing Pokemon such as Haxorus, Braviary and Servine. In saying that, the Pokemon that have been revealed for Gen VI all look pretty sweet. Hopefully that level of quality stays throughout all of the new Pokemon designs.

I gotta dis-agree on that, I've seen a few but they still arn't the Rydon or Nidoking that I'd want.

xAudienceofone

Just Another Guru
Jan 17, 2013
NY, USA
www.adamcbassett.com
I killed a shiny Zubat once. I thought my Gameboy's screen was acting up amd that the sprite glitched to be green.

A part of me died that day ):

Aww. That sucks. I got a shiny Golbat, but at lvl 45, so it was basically useless. I ended up trading it and a Honchkrow I trained for a shiny Crobat. I also recently caught a shiny trubbish. Not sure if I'm pleased. lol

Looking forward to 6th gen though. I love every announced pokemon for it. The exceptions being the flower pokemon and the water starter, but I don't dislike them like I do some 4th and 5th gen designs (ice cream and garbage bag pokemon. come on!)