Flood Pandemonium

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
Pandemonium (version 1.0) - run, RUN for your life!!!

STORY:
There has been no word from the metal research facility over 6 weeks. So a team of Spartans was sent to go investigate why they have been unresponsive. little did they know what they where really getting into. A few minutes after they walked into the building the lights went down and the power was shut off. With only the emergency lights being operational, they had no means of escaping since the door leading back outside was no longer...

Read more about this map...

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
thank you, it played great when we tested it.....the flood will jump scare you a lot since you almost never know where they are, lol.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Looks really awesome, in the rating he said that this plays differently from other flood maps - how exactly? Is it because the flood spawn above the walls? Also, if I play this with recent players are they likely to just jump straight down as the flood and ruin the suspense of the map, or is that not a problem? Okay, last question (I promise!), to me this looks like it would make an amazing 'man hunt / 30 days and nights' map (1 life per round, 1 invisible zombie, humans have shotguns, the zombie has to pick them off 1 by 1 without being shot), have you tried that and do you think it will work well?

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
pandamonium-featured.jpg

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
Looks really awesome, in the rating he said that this plays differently from other flood maps - how exactly? Is it because the flood spawn above the walls? Also, if I play this with recent players are they likely to just jump straight down as the flood and ruin the suspense of the map, or is that not a problem? Okay, last question (I promise!), to me this looks like it would make an amazing 'man hunt / 30 days and nights' map (1 life per round, 1 invisible zombie, humans have shotguns, the zombie has to pick them off 1 by 1 without being shot), have you tried that and do you think it will work well?
Questions:

1. yes, it is different because the flood spawn above the walls ( which the humans can get up to ) and they are the only ones with sensors in my game-type.

2. yes and no. if someone really wanted to just jump down and run around on the bottom level it would ruin the suspense for a moment. but there are many areas where the flood can simply jump back up to the roof tops. the roof tops is the best place for the flood to be since they have all the advantages up there.

3. funny you should say so, i was actually thinking of making a separate game-type like that for this map, lol. i think that it would work very well on this map since flood would have the advantage in height and the humans would have the advantage in numbers.

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
I like creepy/scary Flood maps. I love/hate the feeling of jumpscares in Halo 4.

I have a feeling that this particular flood map will be staying in my Hard drive. :)
I love playing on scary/suspenseful flood maps as well. although, I don't often see very many forgers making them, which is such a shame. Thanks for checking this map out.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
this map really gave an eerie feeling, love the aesthetics with the wires and the positioning of lights, the mix of open space above and very narrow tunnels below looks fun. you can either camp it out below and get ambushed from above or you can try your luck out in the open. downloaded

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
Symmetrical?
yep, its symmetrical. well, most of it is symmetrical. The main hallway, the human initial spawn area, and the flood initial spawn area are not symmetrical compared to the rest of the map. A map that is symmetrical has the same structures on both sides of the map. (for example, lets say you have a square. if one corner of the square have a circle in it, then the opposite corner from that one will also have a circle in it).

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
this map really gave an eerie feeling, love the aesthetics with the wires and the positioning of lights, the mix of open space above and very narrow tunnels below looks fun. you can either camp it out below and get ambushed from above or you can try your luck out in the open. downloaded
Thanks, glad you like it. like I said in the description, this map is the first one in a series that me and sogensamurai are working on. If you would like to see the next one in the series you will have to go to sogensamurai's page. He hasn't posted it yet because we are still working on the map though. its pretty much done right now. So we just need to test the game-play a few times and make changes on the map from there.

Feb 25, 2013
yep, its symmetrical. well, most of it is symmetrical. The main hallway, the human initial spawn area, and the flood initial spawn area are not symmetrical compared to the rest of the map. A map that is symmetrical has the same structures on both sides of the map. (for example, lets say you have a square. if one corner of the square have a circle in it, then the opposite corner from that one will also have a circle in it).
I understand what symmetrical means. i was saying that i had never heard of a symmetrical flood map.

Evolved Gamer

Qualified
Jun 12, 2013
I understand what symmetrical means. i was saying that i had never heard of a symmetrical flood map.
ohh, ok.....I thought you didn't know what symmetrical means. Just a misunderstanding then, lol.

yeah, I haven't seen any symmetrical flood map either. So me and SogenSamurai decided to start working on some.

Pandemonium (version 1.0) - run, RUN for your life!!!

STORY:
There has been no word from the metal research facility over 6 weeks. So a team of Spartans was sent to go investigate why they have been unresponsive. little did they know what they where really getting into. A few minutes after they walked into the building the lights went down and the power was shut off. With only the emergency lights being operational, they had no means of escaping since the door leading back outside was no longer...

Read more about this map...

I really like the dark look to it!

I just hope it isn't too dark.

But then again you can just change your brightness I guess...

SogenSamurai

Proficient
Jun 2, 2013

It plays differently in the fact that the flood have the advantage at any given moment. They choose when and where and how to engage. This causes a lot of jump scares in the game. At any given moment, you are being HUNTED.

Players have been very good about using their advantages which means that they tend to stay up top a lot and attack only in the most opportune moment.

The map is based in the current Halo universe, so there is no need to change things in terms of visibility of the flood and what not. Also with their extreme advantages, that kind of stuff would easily fuck up the gameplay of the map.

SogenSamurai

Proficient
Jun 2, 2013

I'm glad my aesthetics haven't gone unappreciated. Thanks for the compliment. Also, we're working on an update to the map which include even more aesthetics. Plus Evolved used my idea on another map in the most badass way EVER. It shows his genius something fierce. The map is even more terrifying now thanks to him. Also, I'm looking for people to test the sequel, care to join?

Reactions: Fuzzle