Lobby Recap PA1NTS Map Testing/Map Feedback Lobby Recap

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
PA1NTS Map Testing/Map Feedback Lobby Recap
March 21st/2013

The Recap:

Bumper Ghosts (Created by: VIPERBROS and Amezops)
It was a pretty fun match but I'm pretty sure you already know the problems that this minigame had. The barrier was unclear thus spartans would fall to their death often. Another big problem was people would camp their own spawn, with no reason to ever leave. That one is easy to fix, just like the first problem. Is this already a minigame? I think I've played something like this before. Should be a blast when it's finished. My suggestion is to add something that makes it different from other versions of this minigame.

Tripstairs (Created by: b0b is here)
This was pretty cool. Although I was AFK for most of the game, I watched the theater afterwards. The gametype and weapon/ability set almost makes it seem like an arcade type zombie shooter. If that's what you were going for, you achieved it. The gametype is definitely pretty crazy, the humans get pretty much whatever weapon they choose. When I first started watching the film clip I thought the humans would dominate until I realized the flood had jetpacks too. It was hectic, but interesting nonetheless. A good twist on infection. Maybe a map with an alien/covenant type setting would be better for the gametype you used.

Replication VT (Created by: Mexican Torta 7)
This map seemed to play the most balanced out of the bunch. The power weapon set was good, the spawning was good and I really love the theme, really inspiring. You used the sunny grass patch amazingly. So on that note, I have no complaints. This map is ready in my eyes. Looking forward to many more maps from you.

Conjucture (Created by: Vincent Torre)
I had a chance to look around on Conjucture before playing it and I was pretty excited. When we got around to playing CTF on it, I was not let down either. The cool thing about this map is the variety of areas you fight in and their large scale aesthetics that surround them. The connections on the map were also solid, not to mention perfect areas for "dancefloor". As for spawns, it all seemed solid except for the flag away respawning sytem. I spawned frequently in the same area when our flag was away. It was the area where you have the upside down cylinder larges. Maybe fiddle with anti zones there or makes more flag away zones? It was nothing major. It was just odd I kept spawning there, I even checked to make sure there wasn't an AFK buddy spawning me. Awesome job overall. I saw nothing wrong with the sniper spawn by the way Vince, it was easy to find.

Welcome to the Wasteland (Created by: Shadow KryPtiiC)
I was really impressed with the forging on this map. It was one of those maps where the first ten seconds of the match is just oohs and ahhs. The gameplay was a bit stale on the flood side, but I understand you couldn't change the gametype for that contest you were talking about. The flood initial spawns were somewhat hated among the lobby we held. Although I disagree with them and I think flood spawns should be fairly close to get the game going, make people value their life rather than just wandering around trying to break the map. Maybe back the spawns up just a tad. Good luck in that contest, this is a great map pulled off well wtih the erosion palette.

Double Tops (Created by: b0b is here)
You're onto something with this map, it just needs more testing. I think one of the biggest problems was that there was way too many players for a map like that. My controller was going crazy the whole game, and the constant explosions almost made me go insane because I couldn't develop a strategy. This would be funner for say 4-6 people. Another to mention, I found it kinda weird that shooting the ball into the grav lifts doesn't shoot it into your own zone, but instead randomly into anyone's zone. Like I say, I'd like to test this again but with a smaller party.

That's it for the maps we played. The rest were just my own. If you want map feedback similar to this, check out my testing lobbies. I haven't got around to making an official format for my game threads, so for right now I have no fancy VIP list or anything like that. Just show up and test some maps.

-PA1NTS

Reactions: Vincent Torre
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks man! I tested my map again and pushed the zombie spawns back to the water tower. Hope to join another one of your lobbies soon:)