New Custom Game options for Halo 5 or future Halos

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
I had an idea earlier tonight about a hybrid between oddball and king of the hill. When the ball is in a player's possession, you gain points just like normal oddball. But should the player drop or throw the ball it becomes a hill, allowing teammates to gain points. There could be an option that disables ball pickup when the hill is contested.

Thoughts?
Why is that not already a gametype? That would be so fun...

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
I've been thinking for a while about this, but I think it would be awesome if you could change the players traits by class/loadout. It would be confusing in some ways, but it would allow to create a TF2 style gametype or something similar. You should also be able to modify team loadouts, so they are different from each other.
Also, what about a 'no reload' setting? Like Bottomless Clip, in regards to the no reload function, but the ammo would be finite.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Back on Reach I'd made a great map with 4 bridges where zombies(flood) had to jump out the water, swing at humans, and go back in(Humans also weren't supposed to go in the water). Well, as we all know honor rules tend to suck. So, I call for flood/team specific kill boundaries.

Reactions: The7thSeal
Jan 16, 2013
forget custom game options..... just give us a PC application that allows us to make our own inventive gametypes by selecting a core gametype then slapping on add-ons to change how that works, then alter gametype traits in the way of halo's past as a final step for truly original gametypes.... quite frankly it would be an un-understandable mess to have every editable trait available on the custom games menu...

Just sayin'

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
forget custom game options..... just give us a PC application that allows us to make our own inventive gametypes by selecting a core gametype then slapping on add-ons to change how that works, then alter gametype traits in the way of halo's past as a final step for truly original gametypes.... quite frankly it would be an un-understandable mess to have every editable trait available on the custom games menu...

Just sayin'
True, but a lot of people don't know how to do what you're suggesting.

Jan 16, 2013
True, but a lot of people don't know how to do what you're suggesting.

That's the idea..... give those whom know what they are doing the tools make awesome sauce.... then we'll get some truly interesting game variants. :D

A lot of people don't understand a lot of the features and their effects with the gametypes in halo 4 as it stands currently

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
That's the idea..... give those whom know what they are doing the tools make awesome sauce.... then we'll get some truly interesting game variants. :D

A lot of people don't understand a lot of the features and their effects with the gametypes in halo 4 as it stands currently
What about those that know what they're doing with gametype variations that don't know how to use a computer like that? I for one would be up a certain creek with no means of propulsion.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Unfortunately, I doubt PC editors will ever happen on a console. It leaves open vulnerabilities that Microsoft is terrified of. As much as I'd *LOVE* to see one... I'm not keeping my fingers crossed (alas).

I think a great custom game option would be a "free mess around" mode, like Garry's Mod. Players can make stuff, play with the engine, roleplay, etc etc. A lot of developers don't realize that we don't necessarily NEED explicit goals and constraints; by allowing the players to make them up, you're maximizing the potential your game has in terms of longevity.