New Custom Game options for Halo 5 or future Halos

AvengedElite

Adept
Mar 31, 2013
I was thinking like be able to change certain chacteristics like rate of fire, damage,reload speed, magazine size, etc.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Damage you can do already.
Reload Speed is affected by Speed Boost, though changing it could give more tense moments in Flood games.
Magazine Size wouldn't be a very good change, because the advance of catching someone on the reload would be increased/decreased depending, giving an unfair advantage to the attacker/defender respectively.
Anyway, I would like to be able to change the damage resistance of separate body parts (head, arms, torso, legs).

Reactions: evergreen948

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
Welcome AvengedElite! Anyway, I'd like to see an option to change properties for different weapons; damage, reloading, bullet speed, bloom etc. Hopefully this way the community can create better playlist than those people at 343 who seem to get competitive wrong time and time again. Like suggested above, damage resistance for specific parts of the body being able to be changed is a great idea. Oh and one other thing, the "charge" of certain weapons (pp, bs) should be able to be instant.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Welcome AvengedElite! Anyway, I'd like to see an option to change properties for different weapons; damage, reloading, bullet speed, bloom etc. Hopefully this way the community can create better playlist than those people at 343 who seem to get competitive wrong time and time again. Like suggested above, damage resistance for specific parts of the body being able to be changed is a great idea. Oh and one other thing, the "charge" of certain weapons (pp, bs) should be able to be instant.
I don't think changing bullet speed would work. Mainly because, even though it's a futuristic shooter, the guns all have realistic bullet speeds. Changing could, and probably would, unbalance gameplay.
Second one, it's a Risk vs. Reward thing. The Plasma Pistol and Boltshot have charge advantages that no other weapon does. Having an Insta-charge would be awesome for minigames, but there is nothing stopping people from putting it into Competitive gametypes on the sly.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
True, but some people will try to pull a fast one.
For example, back in Reach, when you could have different loadouts for Spartans and Elites, a friend of mine would give the Elites power weapons and the Spartans ARs.

AvengedElite

Adept
Mar 31, 2013
You all have good ideas. Like really good ideas. Sorry though right now i cant really think. Listening to a montage.

AvengedElite

Adept
Mar 31, 2013
And what i meant by characteristics was for weapons. You could ake a game,ode where the sniper has massive hip spread, or maybe a shotgun is fully automatic, but only for customs of course.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
And what i meant by characteristics was for weapons. You could make a game,ode where the sniper has massive hip spread, or maybe a shotgun is fully automatic, but only for customs of course.

That's really only a gimmick, as it doesn't add anything to the games. It would fundamental change the weapons, removing the intended advantages of the weapon, or throw in some unfair advantages, such as the automatic shotgun.

AvengedElite

Adept
Mar 31, 2013
Say if someone wanted to remake a gametype from battlefield or COD, with these options they could.And also we dont have to stay on this topic, you guys can also post ideas of your own about different things besides weapons.

Hadokenchild

Proficient
Mar 6, 2013
I had an idea earlier tonight about a hybrid between oddball and king of the hill. When the ball is in a player's possession, you gain points just like normal oddball. But should the player drop or throw the ball it becomes a hill, allowing teammates to gain points. There could be an option that disables ball pickup when the hill is contested.

Thoughts?