[May 10, 2013] Welcome home B8erman! Casual Competitive on the DLC maps! (o Nondual o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nondual

Be in the Now

(sorry for the kinda late notice. I've been super busy! I wasn't quite ready to host again, but one of our friends finally got back in town and it's time to party!)

Competitive gametypes on the DLC, default and forged maps! But we don't take the competition that seriously. We're all about fun! We play a mixture of maps and gametypes my friends and I have made, as well as whatever people in the lobby want to play.

Sorry No Flood or Minigames though.*

Normally our games are "DLC Requested" were we don't want to kick people out right away who don't have the DLC maps, so the first part of the night would be for forged and default maps. But I REALLY want to play on them, especially since we haven't got to very much lately. So yeah, after a game or two, people who don't have the new maps will probably have to go : (

What we play is similar to matchmaking, but with different twists to make things fresh, balanced, and above all more exciting! Usually there's lots of vehicles, mancannons and EXPLOSIONS!

Here is a more in depth look at some of the our settings:

(you don't have to read all this! It's just here in case you want to : )

-Gift Giver on Rat’s Nest (Amazing remake by Kazeroid on Impact) “Gift Giver” is a very fast paced game of KOTH. Where players are given a little damage resistance in the hill and the more players in the hill the faster the team gets points (like always.) This really encourages players to rush hill and this results in amazingly crazy awesomeness. Much like our Halo 3 version of this.

-Hopping Mantis Flying Warthog (by me) 16 Mantises, 7 Rocket Warhogs as hills for KOTH, 40 Mancannons (yes this is modded) and a teleport grid beneath this vehicle arena map that shoots the vehicle back onto it from as high as possible. Need. I. Say. More.
Gametype: Shield KOTH

-Rat Race remake “Rat’s Trap” By Vincent Torre (Impact) This plays all gametypes well, we especially like it for Oddball and Mongoose KOTH.

-Space Arena (by me) A circular arena specifically designed for smashing as many warthogs together as possible while playing KOTH. Gametype: Arena KOTH

Default Maps set to play differently

-Abandon 1 Flag How awesome would it have been if the game had ACTUALLY come with 1 flag?! Luckily we can make 1 flag work perfectly by having two rounds and having one flag be inaccessible.

-Complex Ghosts I know that a lot of players don’t like this map, but I feel like it’s mostly because setting aren’t that great. This setting has 16 Ghosts and we play King of the hill where each hill is optimized for said ghosts. Players also start with anti ghost weapons like hammers, railguns. We’ve played quite a few games of this and everyone always seems to really like it.

-Exile Asymmetrical Extraction Short Bizzle set up Exile to play completely differently by blocking off the “arch” area, and making the attacking team work around the map in a circular fashion. 10 second extraction. 3 sites can be captured at a time, 7 sites total. Capture 5 sites to win the round. Map: Exile Territories 4 Gametype: Extraction 5 Site

-Haven Goose KOTH Even though every other game in matchmaking seems like it’s on Haven, playing king of the hill with several mongooses as the hill makes this map surprisingly fresh.

-Longbow CTF Oh god, this plays so awesome already. A scorpion, mantis, 2 rocket hogs, 2 ghosts, 2 mongooses, FOR EACH TEAM! And a scrumptious pallet of power weapons to balance everything out, this is the way CTF was meant to be played on this map! Oh yeah, did I mention mancannons?! There is a system of 6 that help infantry move around very quickly. AND THE FLAGS ARE ACTUALLY IN THE BASES!

-Meltdown KOTH Race A very fast paced king of the hill setting with tons of vehicles and players are given the gift of overshields when they’re in the hill. This has been a ton of fun so far. Gametype: KOTH Race 50

-Meltdown CTF Simply give each team a Rocket hog, tweak the initial ordinances so they respawn and viola! You get something that plays completely awesome and again, isn’t in matchamking.

-Complete Meltdown EACH TEAM HAS 10 MANTISES! AND THEY FIGHT FOR HILL IN THE CENTER OF THE MAP! This still needs more testing, but it should be pretty fun.

-Ragnarok Rumble Always one of the highlights of the night. Each team has 4 mantises, 4 gauss warthogs, and a couple banshees, ghosts, and wraiths, then they fight for control of the moving hill in the center of the map. There’s also mancannons (of course) to help the mantises move around more quickly, and scorpion in the center open area that also can take the mancannons. We have arrived at awesome town ladies and gentlemen.

-Vortex CTF Again I’ve given each team more vehicles in the way of a wraiths, rocket hogs, ghosts and mongooses. Re-spawning power weapons, and the usual couple extra mancannons make this map play really well. Moar tests needed!

-Vortex 1 Flag The same thing as above, just 1 flag style!

Remakes (remakes are always fun, people already are familiar with the maps and they are some of the greatest of all time!)

-Rat’s Nest (remake by Kazeroid on Impact) While we mainly use this map for Gift Giver, it also is amazing for CTF.

-Lockout Remake by Vincet Torre and YamaMX (Impact) There are lots of Remakes of Lockout around, but this is the best, made by the best.

-Hangem' high/ Tombstone remake “Gravestone” by CenturionOmegaI on Erosion (lite version for improved frame rate and optimized for gametypes by Short Bizzle and myself) 1 flag pistols is always amazing on here. KOTH and Oddball are really good too. And of course there’s always Slayer and Regicide

-Citadel Remake “Refuge” by HCTF Reaper One of the few enclosed maps out there, so I would recommend Oddball on here, but it also supports CTF, and KOTH.

-Turf Remake by Darkprince909 Optimized for 1 flag with a Gauss Warthog.

-Desolation Remake “Forsaken” by Nillapuddin626 (Erosion)

-Pit Remake “PIT/Tartarus” by Randy 355 Optimized for Mongoose KOTH

-Longshore remake by Kazeroid on Erosion. Optimized for 1 flag by the one and only Short Bizzle!

(I would love to see more remakes, but they need to be really good, and not have any frame rate issues.)

Excellent Forge maps and gametypes by some of our regular players:

-Ultimate by Vincent Torre (Ravine) Ultimate frisbee with Halo!

-Renovazion By Vincent Torre and Teetmare (Ravine) Mid sized map, plays CTF, Oddball, KOTH, Slayer, and Regicide very well.

-Conjuncture By Vincent Torre (Ravine) Large map, plays CTF,Oddball,KOTH, Slayer, and Regicide very well.

-Invading Jupiter By Short Bizzle. (Impact) Somehow Bizzle figured out how to make invasion using the extraction gametype AMAZING! To be played with “Blitzkrieg” gametype

-Docking Canyon by Short Bizzle (Impact) Genius strikes again! This maps is specifically designed for dominion. There is a teleport system at each base that opens for a team when they control a base.

-Eradicate by Ott2own (Impact) Circular big team battle vehicle chaos!

-Armament by StainedWithRed (Ravine) Medium sized map that is similar to The Pit.

-Rush Hour by Gildersneeze (Impact) Look both ways before you cross the street! This map has an amazing twist that you’ll just have to see to believe! 8-14 Players. This maps plays CTF, Slayer/ Regicide and oddball really well, but KOTH is absolutely amazing.

-Epsilon (Impact) This is my Epitaph re-imagination. Bigger, and with ghosts. Mainly this was made for 1 flag, but KOTH, and Multiflag play really well too. 8-16 Players

* if you read through the spoiler you'll see some of the stuff we play does blur the line of competitive and mini-games. For example Mongoose KOTH (were mongooses are the Hills) and Ragnarok rumble (where each team has 4 mantises and 4 Gauss warthogs.) Players always have infinite lives though, and maps have a variety of movement options (No one narrow path or hallway.)

Here's some highlights from the recap thread:

Here's some full length footage just in case you want to see more:

HOW TO JOIN EVEN THOUGH GAMES ARE SUPER FULL:
Games have been really full lately from my friends in the Casually Competitive Group. But there should be a couple of open spots as the night goes on. We usually cap the party at 12 people, but if the connections are good, we may open it up to 14. (I would love to have 16 people more often, but parties have too many connection problems, in my experience.)

I invite people in the order that they send me the message "plz inv." So the sooner you send me this message the better your chances. You can literally send me the message right now as you're reading this. I wish I could game with everyone, but Members of Casually Competitive Customs get priority. It's easy to join though, just go over to the group and click "like." (And dropping comments everywhere and liking stuff doesn't hurt either.:essias: )

PLEASE ONLY SEND ME ONE MESSAGE ON XBL! I'm sorry, I really don't like getting tons of messages while playing. If you have questions post below in this thread. I will have this thread open while the games are going, I can answer questions much more quickly here. I will also post updates with how many people are in the party and if we’re looking for more. If I'm not posting, it's because I'm super busy hosting though.

Having a mic, and being funny is encouraged, but not required. (If being funny was always required, I’d have to kick myself out most of the time.)

There is an age limit. Players need to act and sound like they are at least around 17 years old. Most of the guys we game with are in their 20's to 30 and we just prefer gaming with people older than this. However if you are very mature for your age, don't talk constantly and always listen to what you’re suppose to be doing, I would be willing to make an exception. Age helps but isn't everything.

Above all, I'm all about having fun in a constructive, polite and sometimes drunk environment (usually things are pretty ridiculous.)
:titmar:

Nondual

Be in the Now
A big thanks to everyone that was able to make it, for some reason that was even more fun than usual! If you had something epic happen during the games make a film of it and send it to Chaos either by posting below or to her profile. I've been making few clips myself and I'll get them sent over soon! : ]

Status
Not open for further replies.