Map Le Muskets

A few of you guys may remember this game mode from the later days of Halo: Reach, but whether you are a newbie or a grizzled ancient of shotgunny skill, Le Muskets is back and ready to be played once more!

Le Muskets is a simple concept with surprisingly deep gameplay. Players spawn with infinite ammo shotguns and one frag grenade, the caveat being that these weapons kill with even the slightest hit. Seriously, the contact damage of a frag is enough to kill. Le Muskets has a team and free for all variant and can be played on nearly any standard Halo map, and plays best with 3 to 6 players. Le Muskets has proven to work well on maps such as Ragnarok, Haven. Panic Attack, Shipwreck, and Fuggedaboudit, but it's also a great idea to explore how it works on other maps as well, so give it a download and try it out today!

Have a map of your own you'd like to submit to THFE? Head on over to our submission forums and post today!

Reactions: ChewyNutCluster
The best part about the Shotgun is not knowing how far your range is. Even though it's about 21 meters, that's hard to judge by sight. Also, there's no guarantee that the pellets will hit. Grenade is also an interesting touch, albeit quite powerful.

This gametype reminds me of one of my own minigames, Shot In The Dark. I had not released it to the Maps Database when I was active on Halo. The gametype and three maps are in my Fileshare if anyone is interested. It's a FFA Slayer variant with almost-invisible players holding very powerful shotguns (no sprinting). Of the few lobbies I've played it in, everyone had a blast and got spooked a few times too.

Hm... while video games are quite wasteful with time, I do miss you guys.