Core Heads Up

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
Heads Up (version 2016-02-21) - 2-4 player map set in a vertical atrium

View attachment 15307

Heads Up consists of a single large vertical atrium with its many levels connected by both a winding pathway that spirals up and around the atrium passing through three distinct corridors. This seemingly linear path is broken by a teleporter system. There are two pairs of two-way teleporters as well as the one-way purple teleporter which takes players up to an exposed ledge where a Rocket Launcher spawns with two shots respawning 60 seconds after despawn. The...

Read more about this map...

Beybok

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
Wow, this is one of the most unique looking and playing maps I have ever seen. I love the textures you used on the walls, and the lighting/colours in the map work very well. It is very original and looks like a lot of fun to play. I'll definitely be giving this a download. It really reminds me of Prisoner from Halo 1, combined with the map that has all the teleporters.

Reactions: Sgt x Slaphead

Sgt x Slaphead

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Feb 18, 2013
Wow, this is one of the most unique looking and playing maps I have ever seen. I love the textures you used on the walls, and the lighting/colours in the map work very well. It is very original and looks like a lot of fun to play. I'll definitely be giving this a download. It really reminds me of Prisoner from Halo 1, combined with the map that has all the teleporters.
Thanks. The CE style definitely inspires me a lot although mine and Karbyy's original intention was for it to be a very natural and believable cavern, we even had what looked like glow sticks as light sources! Performance issues demanded as efficient a build as possible so the simplistic style became necessary. I think it was important for clarity and orientation in what could have been a very confusing space. I may have given up on this map if it wasn't a co-forge because despite the simple aesthetic, the design evolved greatly from something we built about 6 months ago on H2A up until now. One version of the map had around 5 gravity lifts including one in the middle pit similar to Sword Base. This idea became too uncontrolled quickly. What I learned from working on this map is the impact of working from a concept that is broken and then spending the rest of the time fixing it. I also learnt that it is damn near impossible to do this without having someone else to share ideas with and tell you when you are perhaps going too crazy.