News HC Weekly Recap: September 8th

eBSQsJp.png

Did you miss me? Cause I missed you! I'm back from my brief little holiday. Special thank you to Auburn for taking over in my steed. For those of you wondering, this is how I've spent the past week. You may have also noticed that we're also starting to segment more articles to help cover news as it's released, so expect to see more articles in this manner from now on. Anyhow enough with the boring details lets get on with this weeks recap.

Halo Waypoint made quite a few announcements, one of which was the Halo 5: Opening Cinematic trailer which if you haven't already checked it out then I'd advise you do so as it looks freaking amazing. On top of that, we get abit more insight into how Halo 5's story will take shape. However that wasn't everything 343i announced this week as they've also announced the novel that Joseph Staten, the guy that wrote Halo: Contact Harvest as well as also having worked on Halo 3: ODST. The novel is titled Shadow of Intent which follows Rtas 'Vadum (Half Jaw) and another, unnamed, Female Elite as one of the Prophets who didn't die along with High Charity sets a plan in motion that could endanger the entire Sangheili race.

We also had an interesting leak earlier this week so please forgive the fact that it was recorded with a potato.

The trailer itself contains some pretty interesting footage (spoilers ahead) which shows two Spartans in hand to hand combat. Who are they? None other that the Master Chief and Agent Locke.

Finally if you haven't had a chance to checked out The Master Chief Collections infection playlist and you're still unsure of what to expect, Master Debaytes and Auburn composed a brief article for what you can expect to see in the playlist so be sure to check that out.

Follow Your Destiny

Now as you may have already seen earlier in the week, Flying Shoe ILR covered this weeks Bungie Weekly Update which contains plenty of information about swords, new achievements and the first mission for The Taken King. However there was some information that was released after this article was published so I'll do my best to fill you in on those details.

Another Taken King trailer was released however this one was unlike the others as this particular trailer is a complete cinematic trailer which looks awesome.

With just one more week until we can sink our teeth into The Take King, there's plenty to be excited about, including the Destiny 2.0 update. There will be no daily or weekly activities for the rest of the week.

Although not having any weekly activities will suck, you'll have a whole week to try out The Taken Kings 7 new maps and two new game modes. Did I mention its open to everyone? So between Sept 8th and Sept 14th, you'll be able to try out all new games modes and maps. So get out there and give them hell guardian cause the Crucible is no place for mercy.

Note: You will not have access to the new sub classes until TTK releases.

The Marketplace is a Battlefield

Addy: It's that time of the week once more, where we take a peek on savings galore! With that rather shoddy rhyme out of the way I'll crack on with this week's Deals with Gold.

Over on Xbox One the main titles that appear to be on offer are Evolve at 50% off following it's stint on a free weekend, as well as a collection of discounts on content for the Battlefield series of games. If you enjoyed playing Evolve over the past weekend when it was free why not consider picking it up as a stop gap until the release of Halo 5?

On Xbox 360 the Battlefield sale content is available also alongside a selection of Assassin's Creed titles. My recommendation for this week is Assassin's Creed II. Many of you out there may already own this title through Games with Gold but for those that don't already own this game, it's a must buy. To explain why, it is often referred to as the best game in the series at 75% off it represents fantastic value at $4.99/£2.24/€2.49.

It's also worth noting that Borderlands is now available on Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One, is available for preview program members now and includes all of it's DLC absolutely free of charge! For more information click here.

Further more, fans of Castle Crashers are in for a treat as at the time of writing there is a remastered version of the game launching on Xbox One tomorrow. Owners of the Xbox 360 version can download this new remaster free of charge if you upgrade before the 21st of September. You can read more about this here.

As per the usual, you can find all of this week's deals for both platforms below;

n0eJKPw.png

Sometimes you earn rewards and sometimes you just get plain lucky. Such was the case with ♥ Sky as RNGesus smiled upon him. I mean seriously? Whats the chances of that? Sky you lucky SOB.

Now last but not least, be sure to check out Splat by ScaredHitman086 as it looks to be an extremely fun mini game.

Once again guys that does it for this week. Remember, if you have anything cool to share then be sure to let me know.

Until next time,
Snack

Reactions: Skyward Shoe