Cool Halo 5 Forge Q&A with Psychoduck

front-page-cool-stuff.png
By now, most of you have begun the process of wrapping your heads around the wealth of new controls, tools, systems, and objects in Halo 5's forge mode. I imagine many of you are finding this learning curve challenging, even daunting. As someone who went through the same process a few months ago on an accelerated schedule, I find this quite relatable. So, as you learn the ropes of the new forge, feel free to ask any questions, voice any concerns, and report any issues you encounter. I will do my best to answer your questions, and if I don't know the answer, I know a few others who just might. If we encounter issues, I also happen to know the people who are in charge of fixing them.

If you are learning faster than others, feel free to jump in and answer some questions yourself, too. And don't forget to talk about what you're building in the WAYWO thread. Happy forging!

Also, here are a few resources which you might find helpful in your endeavor (I'll continue to update this list):

Last edited:
Duck...
Do you know the secret to rotating arranged, welded objects?
I have four platforms arranged in a circle, effectively orbiting an invisible block. The script tells the whole arrangement to rotate 180 then repeat, two cycles means each platform completes it's orbit.
It runs fine for a few cycles then starts wobbling, like an un-balanced wheel.
Is there something I'm missing, like the phase of objects, or that it's the invisible blocker acting as the spoke?
Good to know your thoughts.
Digi
Unfortunately, you're probably doing everything right. Welding and a few other features are affected by some strange bugs, presumably because forge is now on a server. I cannot offer you a solution other than to report the bug in our bug thread and hope it gets fixed.