News Halo 5 Custom Game Options

front-page-halo-news-png.14395
Today, Halo 5's multiplayer component launched for those who have managed to snag an early review copy of the game. Arena, Warzone, and co-op campaign all became available this afternoon, but the first item on my agenda was diving into Halo 5's custom game options.

The level of customization is impressive. Some of the highlights for me are adjusting grenade damage and explosive radius separately from the weapon damage ticker (I wish we could have done that for squad settings). The ability to customize strafe and base movement speed independently of one another is also very interesting. The options pertaining to spartan abilities will come in handy, both for those looking to fine tune the core player experience, and those intending to create wacky mini games.

Customization of the objective modes see some welcome additions as well. Strongholds can be modified to essentially become 3 Plot Territories while CTF offers unprecedented freedom in modifying how flag recovery works. Sadly, the option to create an asymmetrical one flag mode is not currently available in CTF.

The roster of gametypes at launch is quite small, including only Slayer, Capture the Flag, Breakout, and Strongholds as well as a few variations of each. However, there is plenty of time before forge releases to see the addition classic community favorites like Infection, Race, and others. Your job, then, is simple: help me gather data in an effort to inform 343's prioritization of additional modes. Vote in this thread and let your voice be heard.

Reactions: moo43 and Jebus
I have two questions:

1. Are there any options to change the specific traits of each team?

2. Can you change the specific traits of each loadout? Plz

I have two questions:

1. Are there any options to change the specific traits of each team?

2. Can you change the specific traits of each loadout? Plz
  1. There do not appear to be options like these in the current modes. Hopefully such options could be introduced with the addition of one-sided modes.
  2. There are no loadouts in Arena.

1. There do not appear to be options like these in the current modes. Hopefully such options could be introduced with the addition of one-sided modes.
  2. There are no loadouts in Arena.

Have they removed the option of loadouts completely? So for all modes everyone MUST have the same weapon set?

Last edited:
Would you say the GUI is any good when setting custom games? Damn well hope that it's improved from H2A, from the gameplay it seems to be fine?