EDIT:
Added Tutorial

Step 1: Take Screenshots In-Game Using Theatre Mode
Step 2: Copy The Save Game Containing The Screenshot To A USB Flash Drive
Step 3: Download http://www.xboxmb.com/horizon/
Step 4: Load Up Horizon, and Extract The Save File
horizonstep2.jpg

Step 5: Download and unrar Halo 4 ScreenshotExtractor 0.2.8.0
Step 6: Go To Start Menu, type CMD into the search, which will bring up command prompt. then drag and drop "Halo4_ScreenshotExtract.exe" into the command prompt window, Drag and drop your extracted save next. make sure there is a space between them, it should look like this:
cmdz.jpg

Step 7: Press Enter key, If you did everything right your screenshot will have been extracted to the same location as your extracted save.
screenshoteditor.jpg

A bit of work, but its worth it if your doing multiple screenshots at a time, didnt take me more than 10 minutes. your finished product will look like this:
iceworld.jpg

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
this is what i use to get my screenshots. it seems a bit weird at first. but it works great!
don't forget to put a space in between when you drag the program onto the command prompt, and then the file. there must be a space between this or it will not work.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
"Halo4_ScreenshotExtract.exe" into the command prompt window, Drag and drop your extracted save next. make sure there is a space between them, it should look like this:
cmdz.jpg

Step 7: Press Enter key, If you did everything right your screenshot will have been extracted to the same location as your extracted save.

Looks like you've got a broken image here, seems to be missing the link. Otherwise super helpful. I wish I had known about this sooner, at this point I might as well just wait for the file share to go fully online, since we actually have a date on that now.

FragsturBait

Expert
Jan 22, 2013
Colorado, USA
So when I "copy the save game containing the screen shot to my flash drive" does that mean my profile? My roommate has one I can borrow, I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
So when I "copy the save game containing the screen shot to my flash drive" does that mean my profile? My roommate has one I can borrow, I just wanna make sure I'm doing this right.

what i did was this:

i made a new silver profile. then i downloaded my screenshots from my gold profile's fileshare.
the silver profile lives on a flash drive.
then you just plug that into your computer and follow the steps.