Halo Halo 4 Forge

Zatherla

Novice
Jan 5, 2013
I think they did do a lot of improvements, but they left out some of the obvious stuff, and didn't consider some things. Hopefully the TU fixes some of the stuff, I know certain affinity is completely aware of all this, but they can't just throw out updates.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
you cant just say "oh it is so easy for them to do this"

there is a lot that goes into programming a game, more than most of us even understand.

Reactions: theChief

theChief

Master
Jan 11, 2013
I know exactly what goes into a game, because I am a games designer xD admittedly a rookie, but I'm currently making my first big game and it's pretty much taking over my life. It is a simple matter to add a wider range of things, from my understanding xD copy and paste code, change the names, have an artist do the feature you want to add. It takes time, which is why they won't have put more in, and I fully understand that xD They've shown they can make new things easily with the map-specific items :p I'd just rather have more natural pieces rather than map-specific pieces :)

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
When you're a company starting on their first major game, deadlines kicking in can be pretty damaging. And they can't just push the release date back - the PR would be terrible.

In either case, I don't think 343i spent any time twiddling their thumbs in between realizing that they were going to make the next Halo, and its release.

theChief

Master
Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, I completely agree :p 343i we're at it before reach came out, and all of the 4 years of development have been completely worth it :p all I'm saying is it would have been nice, IMO :)

BdawgWolf98

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
i feel like 343 studios did a good job for their first MAJOR game, especially Halo! It would have been nice to see some other things, but its still great. They were new to Halo so, maybe for 5 they will make more improvements to help satisfy more of the the fan base. Overall though they did good on Halo 4.

MockKnizzle

Get Mockfucked
Dec 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I think 343 will continue to make progress in Forge in subsequent games, just as Bungie made progress from Halo 3 to Reach.

343 had their hands full with assembling a brand-new team to create a brand-new AAA title, so it's completely understandable that extra things like Forge weren't exactly their top priority. Remember, Bungie already had two games under their collective belts before we even got a Forge at all, and its first iteration was a nightmare to work with compared to what we have now. Now that 343 has "figured it out" so to speak, I'd wager that we're likely to see a much more polished Forge in Halo 5.