Halo Halo 4 Forge

BdawgWolf98

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
Personally I think its great! They added cool new features. Love Magnets!! The one problem I have is in Reach there were more detailed,custom game options than in 4. If they brought over Reach options and added 4's, it would be even better. Still cool though!

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
magnets are amazing. i love the maps. the duplicate feature is amazing as well.

the only things i could ask for to improve it for the next game would be the following:

1) group selection of objects. for example, if i make a structure consistsing of a few blocks and decorative structures to use as a base, i should be able to highlight and select all of them, click on 'group' and then be able to manipulate them as one large group.

2) some kind of on-screen indicator to tell us when we are approaching frame-rate or lighting issues. Trials map editor had something like this and it was extremely helpful.

3) and of course, custom game options need to return in epic force.
not only do i want to be able to customize EVERY aspect of the game, but also to the detail of individual weapon traits and damage settings for each weapon.
i'd like to be able to basically create my own power weapons by altering the damage and traits of a weapon. to be able to assign trait-zone like settings to a specific weapon, so that when a player picks up that weapon, those traits would then be gained.

Those sound great! I just wish the maps were more open. What I mean by that is the fact that maps need to be compartmentalized a bit. Although I am not sure if it makes them better or worse. All I know is that it caps the creativity and possiblities of some maps or maps that could have been.

Thorpie1511

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
I think that the forge is good but one thing i dont like is the ordinance because when you place a weapon down in forge then go into custom games its not there

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I enjoy Forge a lot, the magnets and duplicate tools are definitely great additions. Of course I'd like to see another Forge World type map but we can make do for now. I would love if duplicate duplicated the objects coordinates though, it's a minor pain when I have to turn magnets back on to line them up every time. I do wish that they had precision editing back but that's my only true complaint with Forge. The lack of Custom Game options and gametypes however is where I start to get disappointed.

Vincent Torre

Torre up from the floor up!
Dec 23, 2012
Denver, CO
www.MickRaider.com
Honestly it's better than I was expecting it to be. The lack of zoom and precision movement is frustrating.

They more than made up for it with magnets and the duplicate feature. The duplicate feature save me a ton of time so far.

Only feature I want is an "Undo" feature.

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
What I would greatly enjoy are:

1. Some kind of terrain editing abilities.
2. A map that is all water.
3. A map that is all grassland, or even tundra.

But otherwise, the Halo 4 forge is wonderful in my opinion.

I am just saying that I have played with that games mad editor and halo's forge and I much more enjoy forge because it is easy to use, in a sense. If I have a good thought I can forge it out in an hour or so and then work from there. Far cry can take so much longer even at smaller scales of maps. I am just noting a game that has those features and how, although they seem ideal, they don't make me like the editor any more than forge. I think what he said about water and the other things are good, but a terrain editor I am not sure about.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
as cool as a terrain editor would be, i am afraid of it.

i'd like to see them perfect Forge the way it is right now before they made a huge step like that.
that being said, if they had it in Halo 5, i would probably freak out and be really excited.
I just fear that it would end up causing more bugs and glitches than we already have.
It's a cool idea for certain games but I'm not sure of its place in Halo.

Reactions: TrickierHades

TravisTheShadow

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
as cool as a terrain editor would be, i am afraid of it.

i'd like to see them perfect Forge the way it is right now before they made a huge step like that.
that being said, if they had it in Halo 5, i would probably freak out and be really excited.
I just fear that it would end up causing more bugs and glitches than we already have.
It's a cool idea for certain games but I'm not sure of its place in Halo.

Yeah, now that I think about it, I think you're right

BdawgWolf98

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I think Halo 4 forge is a good upgrade from Reach, except for custom options. I hope the next game isnt over done because they add to much. It would get to complicated. I like to use Impact and Ravine alot for maps.

theChief

Proficient
Jan 11, 2013
personally, i think they could have done so much more xD obviously not a terrain editor, but at the very least a wider selection of natural items: trees, BETTER rocks, something to do with water, and a day and night system. they would ALL be so easy to implement. they should do a forge DLC xD