EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
My Halo 5 hopes:
  • Bring back Falcon and add new vehicles
  • Larger Forge budget
  • Bring back Invasion!!
  • Some large city-themed multiplayer maps
  • Restrict custom loadout options a little bit (example: plasma pistol, plasma grenades), and replace power weapons in personal ordinance with what is taken out
  • Several Forge canvases the size of Forge World, but each with different terrain and possibly climate change options
  • Bring the Arbiter and maybe Kilo-Five from the books into the campaign and alternate perspectives
  • Finally, bring back some of the armor from Reach!

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
Bring back Falcon and add new vehicles
You must've never piloted a Hornet.
Larger Forge budget
Extremely likely with next-gen hardware.
Several Forge canvases the size of Forge World, but each with different terrain and possibly climate change options
Unlikely, development on large maps takes a long time.
Finally, bring back some of the armor from Reach!

I heard all-attachments Grenadier helmet.

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
You must've never piloted a Hornet.

Actually, I have piloted a Hornet, and I wouldn't mind seeing it either. But if I had to choose, I'd have to say Falcon.
Unlikely, development on large maps takes a long time.
It does take a long time, and might not be realistic, but anything's possible. 343i has definitely got motivation to put in the work if they feel it's necessary, they can't afford to mess Halo 5 up, otherwise they're done for.
I heard all-attachments Grenadier helmet.

You heard right, also EVA, EVA C (I think that's what Emile's helmet was called), ODST, Commando, the works. I'll be rockin' the ODST helmet all attachments like a boss!:titmar:

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
It does take a long time, and might not be realistic, but anything's possible. 343i has definitely got motivation to put in the work if they feel it's necessary, they can't afford to mess Halo 5 up, otherwise they're done for.
Maybe it's possible, but it's not really necessary, unless the size and scale of the games are increased to the point where you would need that much space. But as the series is now, 3 forge canvases that large is simply way too much space. There's no need to put that much time and processing power into it if it won't have much benefit.

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe it's possible, but it's not really necessary, unless the size and scale of the games are increased to the point where you would need that much space.

The maps would simply be like Forge World from Reach in size, but might have different features like flat plains, or mountains and such. You wouldn't need the whole thing, but you'd have plenty of options and space. It would only be necessary if 343i felt that would be needed to help keep fans on board.
Never said it was realistic or necessary, just something that would be nice to see in Halo 5. I miss the potential that Forge World offered in Reach that is still mostly missing from 4, despite Forge Island being a good canvas

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe not Forge Island alone, but the H4 canvases do provide the same potential as forge world.

They do provide a lot of potential, but I would still prefer Forge World-style Forge maps just that Forge World was larger and less predefined in my opinion. Forge World in Halo 4 would be great for the Halo 4 machinima I plan on producing, but I'll just make do with what I have

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Forge World in Halo 4 would be great for the Halo 4 machinima I plan on producing, but I'll just make do with what I have
I guess it would be nicer to have a large canvas with the same theme if you're creating a machinima, but then again RvB did an entire series on blood gulch- a relatively small map- so anything's possible. Good luck, though!

EagleTitan99

Qualified
Jul 28, 2013
I guess it would be nicer to have a large canvas with the same theme if you're creating a machinima, but then again RvB did an entire series on blood gulch- a relatively small map- so anything's possible. Good luck, though!
Thanks, I wish I was making it like RvB (which is awesome!!!) but it's gonna be more closely like Rise of The Spartans, where it's pretty well the same scenario a lot of the time. The other maps will be helpful though. Definitely gonna be hard regardless, no capture card lol

crunchyg

Novice
Jul 30, 2013
What makes you think 343i is going to celebrate? It's not even their franchise to celebrate the birthday.