Halo Halo 4 B-Day?

reeper 898

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Halo 4's B-Day is almost here
Any way I am exited to see what 343 will cook up to celebrate.
this is a thread for ideas for halo 5, or hopes, and to share good times and stories of weird stuff.
so post what you like and hope for halo4/halo5.
post away.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I hope that I have all the custom game options that I could possibly need to play the game how I want to in customs. I can't possibly hope that I'll ever be fully happy with Matchmaking, so all I ask now is to be able to make customs exactly as I want them (this includes things like auto pickup for objectives, what can and cannot be in personal loadouts, etc...)

Reactions: EagleTitan99

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I just hope Halo 5's as good as Halo 4.

What needs to be improved:
  • Find and kill the lead composer(the title screen sounds like a dying whale.)
  • Get someone with a half-assed idea of what armor we want back.
  • Give a Forge World-ish map from the start.
  • Maybe go in a different art direction(Shitty looking shotgun, I mean WTF?)
  • Add more vehicles.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
I just hope Halo 5's as good as Halo 4.

• Add more vehicles.
I agree with all of that but I love the new shotgun design and I think some of the new music is good like the music when ur flying the broardsword

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
Halo 5 is going to blow us away. I have no doubt.

• Add more vehicles.

-Haha, dying whale. But not all of the music is bad.
-I like the new armor far more than any of the old variants
-Forge world? You'd rather have one plain, boring, repetitive environment to forge on than several different ones? 343 did a great job with the forge maps
-We'll see a new vehicle or two, as well as the return of a human air vehicle (or a new one)

Just give us a Halo 3 gamemode for matchmaking and I'm happy!
Legendary slayer?

I hope Halo 5 doesn't suck like Halo 4.
:vincent:

Reactions: a ninja samuri

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
That's what people said before the release of Halo 4. And look how that turned out.
There was no evidence to suggest that Halo 4 would be amazing. But there are several factors that imply that Halo 5 will.

-343 knows quite well what the community wants. They're willing to listen to us and add what we want into their next game. Also, they've learned lessons as to what worked and what didn't in halo 4, so they can work off of that.

-There is a huge amount of pressure on them to create a better game to recover the population/fanbase that was lost by Halo 4. Just imagine what would happen if they created a game that was just another bust. They understand that it cannot and will not happen again.

-Next generation consoles, baby! Regardless of what you guys say of the xbone, its computers are still eight years newer than the 360, and are probably at least a dozen times more powerful (The RAM is 16 times higher). This will allow the game to be so much more than it has ever been.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
There was no evidence to suggest that Halo 4 would be amazing. But there are several factors that imply that Halo 5 will.

-343 knows generally what the community wants. They're willing to listen to us and add what we want into their next game. Also, they've learned lessons as to what worked and what didn't in halo 4, so they can work off of that.

-There is a huge amount of pressure on them to create a better game to recover the population/fanbase that was lost by Halo 4. Just imagine what would happen if they created a game that was just another bust. They understand that it cannot and will not happen again.

-Next generation consoles, baby! Regardless of what you guys say of the xbone, its computers are still eight years newer than the 360, and are probably at least a dozen times more powerful. This will allow the game to be so much more than it has ever been.

you_are_correct_sir1367426331.jpg

Reactions: ShockBolt21

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Favorite memory? Mine would probably Jesus in Malibu's rage moment in clue :laugh:.I've got to say , his reaction... priceless :D.

I'd love for Halo 5 to be what Halo 4 promised and then some though I'm really into the story so I'd say show us the Precursors and their history along with access to the Domain.
Better custom game options and bigger forge canvas' ( and neutral bomb dammit! ).
I'd love to see the return of Spartan Ops and where the story leds as well as bringing back firefight... and maybe some vidmasters for that unlocks some badass armour ^.^.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
]
-Forge world? You'd rather have one plain, boring, repetitive environment to forge on than several different ones? 343 did a great job with the forge maps

I like the variety, but I felt like in Forge World I could just jump in and accidentally create something awesome. I don't feel like I can do that in Halo 4.

Favorite memory? Mine would probably Jesus in Malibu's rage moment in clue :laugh:.I've got to say , his reaction... priceless :D.

I'd love for Halo 5 to be what Halo 4 promised and then some though I'm really into the story so I'd say show us the Precursors and their history along with access to the Domain.
Better custom game options and bigger forge canvas' ( and neutral bomb dammit! ).
I'd love to see the return of Spartan Ops and where the story leds as well as bringing back firefight... and maybe some vidmasters for that unlocks some badass armour ^.^.

I thought there was only one precurser left, I couldn't see him becoming too important. That being said their story is interesting, but if I'm curious of anything in Halo its the sangheili(history and present).

PLEASE NO VIDMASTER!!! The achievements are hard enough don't make them worse, please.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I'm a little split on Forge World vs Forge Island/ other maps. On one hand I like the variety of having many cnavas's in Halo 4, and some very cool and unique stuff has been done with each. I definitely don't want to see us go back to 1 Canvas. But the current canvas's have their share of issues, such as the awkward lighting on Erosion, often overly-premade terrain (though some of this isn't a bad thing as it looks cool when worked in to a map well), and giant buildings and restrictive kill zones. Forge Island suffers from a different problem in that it is too flat. Having 1 of the islands be flat made sense but it would be nice if the other 2 were closer so you could connect them and if they had hills for different kinds of maps. Forge World didn't have many of these problems, but things did get repetitive and frame-rate could get bad more easily.

I would ask for 3 maps in the next game for forging. None of them would have structures in them unless they are part of a wall, for example one of the map boundaries being a forerunner wall made of hexagons at different heights. The spaces would each have elements of empty flatness and more interesting and varied terrain, and one map would be notably flatter than the others while one would be a bit more built up. Kill zones in forge need to be nonexistent, because we are designing the map in there, not playing it, so it makes no sense to restrict players from areas. You could have parts light up red if they are in a natural kill zone, but don't affect the monitor. Areas like the sinkhole on Erosion can just have an invisible wall to keep players in the forge space. The 3 canvas's would have different terrain and maybe a small amount of Human, Covenant, or Forerunner theme each without the entire map being these things (example: a Forerunner wall, a patch of flat UNSC style ground, a crashed Phantom.) This would give variety and would not be restrictive.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I'm a little split on Forge World vs Forge Island/ other maps...
You make a great point on the forge killzones- I'm sure they'll fix that in Halo 5.

I also think that every forge canvas should have a sizable area of flat space, or almost-flat space, somewhere among the terrain, as this is extremely important for forgers. This would also work better than just having one flat map, as forgers looking for flat space will still have the option as to which landscape they want to forge on.

Despite the issues you've mentioned, I'm so much happier with the H4 canvases than forge island. In reach, you get the same bland colors and the same environment with every custom map. The presence of multiple canvases gives forgers an option while forging their custom maps, as they can choose from a larger variety of landscapes, environments, and pallets. Also, custom gamers won't need to stare at the same old map with every game they play.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013

I feel like in Forge World I wasn't intimidated by the less controllable game types and the difficulty of getting use to the map. If I had a sound board I could place each sound effect of forge world in the correct order and then tell you each and every detail of the map. Where all the pieces were in the menu and I knew there place and I could just spawn it in and flip it around to say: "Good enough, fuck it" and everyone was ok with that because of how Forge World looked and something looking not perfect was OK and acceptable(maybe not to some of this sites population, but to my chain of people that constantly joined through the chain of "Invite all your friends please." it was fine). I'm almost afraid to screw up in Halo 4. It could be that I just don't have a sense of exploration with the Halo 4 canvases, hell Reach had been out for 2 years before I found the floating tree or the little cave in the rocks.

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I feel like in Forge World I wasn't intimidated by the less controllable game types and the difficulty of getting use to the map.
The less controllable game types are a different argument- irrelevant to this one. I actually haven't noticed a change in the game options in H4, but I didn't do much Reach customs. I'll take your word for it, but it doesn't really bug me much, as H4 still has plenty of custom options, including the most important ones.

Also, the H4 forge is just as accessible, if not more so, than that of Reach.

Where all the pieces were in the menu and I knew there place and I could just spawn it in and flip it around to say: "Good enough, fuck it" and everyone was ok with that because of how Forge World looked and something looking not perfect was OK and acceptable
Why can't you do that in 4?

It could be that I just don't have a sense of exploration with the Halo 4 canvases, hell Reach had been out for 2 years before I found the floating tree or the little cave in the rocks.
Really, the total size of the H4 canvases are equal to, if not larger than, forge world. But it's true that the h4 canvases aren't as 'explorable,' but if anything that makes Forge World harder to use and less accessible.

...hell Reach had been out for 2 years before I found the floating tree or the little cave in the rocks.
What the hell, there's a floating tree? Where?