Introduction Getting Started with Halo Customs

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
@Bobby Flay, if you want to stop getting alerts from this thread, there's a button on the top right of the page: "Unwatch this thread" that should end the alerts. It's at the top, right to the right of the page navigation bar.

Coolboi101

Novice
Jul 20, 2014
Being brand new, this helps to see where i should go, who i should join and you should be proud to know that you have helped so many new people in the form of a tutorial.

Reactions: Tedium

manymade1

Novice
Jul 20, 2014
Hey everyone! I just joined Xbox Live again and hope to have some fun with customs. My gamertag is manymade1. I'm looking for people that play on a regular basis, whether you host or join others lobbies. Please add me and thanks.

Jul 28, 2014
london, United Kingdom

Welcome to Halo Customs! If you're new around here, make sure to post an intro! On top of that, allow me to help you out with getting started on this site.
One of the most commonly asked questions in the Introductions Forums is, "How do I play customs?" Well this here thread should give you all the information you need to get started!

The Road to Custom Games

Want to play some Custom Games? Well there are quite a few ways to do so!

9mte.png

The most obvious option is to navigate through the Custom Games section from the Forum Screen.

0A3uZRs.png

You can find all of the other custom game views in the "Customs" tab at the top of the page.

so04.png

Head on over to Upcoming Games to find lobbies being held in the near future. These will show you what's going on in the next few days.

ctvw.png

From there, just click on a lobby to see the details about what will be played.

v70s.png

Once you find a lobby you're interested in, you can RSVP. Once you do, the host will be sent your Gamertag and you should receive an invite once the lobby starts.

e6vr.png

The quickest way to host your own game would be to select that big bright button on the right of the forum view (right of the chatbox).

View attachment 8430
After you've put in the correct details, we highly recommend that you write a nice inviting description. The description can be the difference between getting 2 to 3 RSVPs, and getting 10 to 16. Also, spell checkers help ;)

And hopefully that's all you need to know! If you have any further questions, post below, and I'll see if I can expand the tutorial :)

-:teddy:
Thank you for the help THFE

fmaster12

Novice
Jul 31, 2014
Hello! Thanks for the info. However I have a question about playing the custom games. Before joining a game, do I need to have all the game types and maps pre-downloaded before I start? I see on the upcoming games page of people planning to play 10 or 11 minigames and I was wondering if I need to have all of them downloaded before playing or you can play them as is. Sorry if this is a nooby question but I just signed up and am really excited to play! Thanks again!

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Hello! Thanks for the info. However I have a question about playing the custom games. Before joining a game, do I need to have all the game types and maps pre-downloaded before I start? I see on the upcoming games page of people planning to play 10 or 11 minigames and I was wondering if I need to have all of them downloaded before playing or you can play them as is. Sorry if this is a nooby question but I just signed up and am really excited to play! Thanks again!
Nope, I don't think the maps are necessarily required - it's down to the host, really. You could ask them, or you could simply participate in the maps that you do have. It's really just up to your own judgment.

Hojnackii

Proficient
Aug 11, 2014
Canada
hey!! just registered here, am a long time forge user, does anyone know how to delete a map you just uploaded???? p[lease help, thank you