Introduction Getting Started with Halo Customs

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
CoolStuff.jpg

Welcome to Halo Customs! If you're new around here, make sure to post an intro! On top of that, allow me to help you out with getting started on this site.
One of the most commonly asked questions in the Introductions Forums is, "How do I play customs?" Well this here thread should give you all the information you need to get started!

The Road to Custom Games

Want to play some Custom Games? Well there are quite a few ways to do so!

9mte.png

The most obvious option is to navigate through the Custom Games section from the Forum Screen.

0A3uZRs.png

You can find all of the other custom game views in the "Customs" tab at the top of the page.

so04.png

Head on over to Upcoming Games to find lobbies being held in the near future. These will show you what's going on in the next few days.

ctvw.png

From there, just click on a lobby to see the details about what will be played.

v70s.png

Once you find a lobby you're interested in, you can RSVP. Once you do, the host will be sent your Gamertag and you should receive an invite once the lobby starts.

e6vr.png

The quickest way to host your own game would be to select that big bright button on the right of the forum view (right of the chatbox).

Customs Tutorial - Good and Bad.png

After you've put in the correct details, we highly recommend that you write a nice inviting description. The description can be the difference between getting 2 to 3 RSVPs, and getting 10 to 16. Also, spell checkers help ;)

And hopefully that's all you need to know! If you have any further questions, post below, and I'll see if I can expand the tutorial :)

-:teddy:

Last edited:

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Wow that's helpful! Nice post Tedium. You know... Being one of the few Gold Hosts here on the site :D you can also ask me anything about the custom games here. Just send me a message and I'd be happy to help you, with whatever it is you need :y: Any Gold Host, for that matter, I'm sure would welcome any questions or help you may have. Just as a side note, "Gold Hosts" are experienced members in hosting Halo Custom Games. I hope you all enjoy the site

Se7enThunders

Novice
Jul 12, 2013
Hastings, Nebraska
Reporting in. I'm an avid halo fan and love customs. Me and a group of 4-6 guys are looking for a good group to play most nights with from 1030pm-2am central time. Any leads go ahead and add me. GT is same as my user. Se7enThunders

Reactions: Insane54

lemurking13

Novice
Aug 13, 2013

Welcome to Halo Customs! If you're new around here, make sure to post an intro! On top of that, allow me to help you out with getting started on this site.
One of the most commonly asked questions in the Introductions Forums is, "How do I play customs?" Well this here thread should give you all the information you need to get started!

The Road to Custom Games

Want to play some Custom Games? Well there are quite a few ways to do so!

The most obvious option is to navigate through the Custom Games section from the Forum Screen.

You can find all of the other custom game views in the "Customs" tab at the top of the page.

Head on over to Upcoming Games to find lobbies being held in the near future. These will show you what's going on in the next few days.

From there, just click on a lobby to see the details about what will be played.

Once you find a lobby you're interested in, you can RSVP. Once you do, the host will be sent your Gamertag and you should receive an invite once the lobby starts.

If you want to host a game, click Create a Game on the top right of a customs page, or you can click the same link from the forum view under "Custom Games".

After you've put in the correct details, we highly recommend that you write a nice inviting description. The description is the difference between getting 2 to 3 RSVPs, and getting 10 to 16. Also, spell checkers help ;)

And hopefully that's all you need to know! If you have any further questions, post below, and I'll see if I can expand the tutorial :)

-
7OCYZ
Brilliant