Forge Island Available for Download Now!

You read that title correctly! 343i really outdid themselves this time. Not only do we get a free map, but it's ahead of schedule too! You can download it from the Xbox Live Marketplace now! Gogogo.​
If you haven't been keeping up, here's a sample of the new forge pallet you'll be seeing in Forge Island. Now, here's the real question. WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?! If you haven't already booted up Halo 4 by now and started downloading this bad boy, I highly suggest you do so.​
Also, I heard that some of you apparently have this thing called school? Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but in case you can't download the map right at this very moment, go to this page and you'll be able to queue the map for download, so as soon as you turn your Xbox on, it'll be ready to go!​

I'm really excited for this. While I was a little dismayed at first at some aspects of the terrain, they definitely outdid themselves with the rest of it. The new rocks and trees are amazing, as well as the fact that you can go down to water level. Not to mention that it was released free of charge almost 2 weeks early. This was a huge surprise, now I need to forge. And forge. And forge.

Played around on this a bit. The bottoms of the island are pretty good to forge round, and the fact that you can forge in water (sort of) really opens some ideas up.

wrlh.jpg

Dax also owes me 100 dollars because this isn't anime. Everyone here is a witness.

Wonder how many will get FH features. ;)

This sounds amazing! It almost feels wrong to get something as a good as a two-week-early DLC release :teddy:

AWESOME!!! Now we can make maps that's really big!!! Now, who will remake Blood Gultch for matchmaking?

The sky box is the tallest yet, at over one kilometer high, and stretching way out over the water.

This canvas will support Run for Cover from Zeus well (I began putting such a map together, but lack time to do it justice). The trees make for excellent soft cover for such a game.

Also some of the blocks are flat gray again!!! I predict nice clean maps.

I tried use 20 of the flat rocks.
Immediately broke the dynamic lighting.
Stupid.
I was trying to make a cool "Slender Forest" map. -__-

I don't know why it broke then. I surrounded the smallest island with the rocks, the topped it with them. I was then going to add some effects and fill this small cavern with trees, but the lighting was broken after I set the rocks.