Gaming Destiny exotics

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Get a void shotgun and a void machine gun and play Rumble. It'll go pretty fast.
I have the Void shotgun but the only Void heavy weapon I have is a Rocket Launcher. I think I'm at like 230/500 so I'm sure I'll get it eventually. It's just the same bull that happens in Crucible that pisses me off. I thought I was done with Crucible until this bounty.

Reactions: Jebus
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
thanks to Xur i now also have red death
destiny-red-death-exotic-pulse-rifle.jpg

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Ok, I have the Pocket Infinity upgraded besides its later damage upgrades. Here are my thoughts:

Before it gets the Pocket Infinity Upgrade, it is le suck.

After it is pretty quick to kill things and actually has ok stability without the stability upgrade, as the later bursts don't cause much recoil. The issue is that it eats a lot of ammo and as you keep firing it does less and less damage down to around 50% of the max damage. It's definitely not a PvP weapon. Fun against bosses and large enemies, but it's fairly situational and in the end it's not an ammo efficient means of killing stuff.

I'd probably rather have Plan C.

Edit: I just got the upgrade which increases stability a lot. This dropped me back to a 3 shot clip but actually makes the weapon stronger because you aren't losing as much damage when you only have 3 bursts. With the stability this becomes a pretty good gun, but still only for PvE as you only need 1 good burst to kill in PvP.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
It's actually pretty bad. Thankfully, they're buffing it soon.
really because i saw someone on youtube get it and play a couple of game with it and he said it was amazing, also the special upgrade for it is really cool. But if what you said is true then by the time i get it it should be buffed already.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
I just got ahold of Thorn, working on upgrading it now. So far I like it a lot besides the slow reload and 6 shot clip. The way it fires just works for me though, it feels almost like a silenced pistol with a lot of power behind it.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
IceBreaker.png

Xur is selling this today. I just bought it. It is... beautiful. I haven't even started leveling it up but it's already amazing. Ammo regens over time and it never needs to reload, and eventually kills cause enemies to explode. This sniper is so badass. If you have 17 coins I would highly recommend grabbing it before Xur leaves.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
IceBreaker.png

Xur is selling this today. I just bought it. It is... beautiful. I haven't even started leveling it up but it's already amazing. Ammo regens over time and it never needs to reload, and eventually kills cause enemies to explode. This sniper is so badass. If you have 17 coins I would highly recommend grabbing it before Xur leaves.
I'm trying to but I'm 9 coins off

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
ok just figured out how to use it. the problem is I had mistaken it for a pulse rifle when really it is an auto rifle (although it shoots so fast that some people actually might make that mistake) anyway the key is to shoot at the body with all 5 shots and that will kill them.

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Well, I've gotten quite a lot of stuff since I was last here.

Super Good Advice: Machine gun with little stability. If you love to spray and pray then this is for you. I don't, so I scrapped it.

MIDA Multi-tool: Probably the best scout rifle in the game. A bit closer range so it's useful in more situations than most scout rifles, fires fast, has a lot of ammo, boosts your movement speed, and radar stays up while scoped. So good.

The Last Word: A very cool, but a very weird hand cannon. I don't have it fully ranked up, but it needs the stability boosts it gets later on. Not at all a ranged pistol but has an insane rate of fire, so it's quite fun for mid-close range.

Voidfang Vestments: The third seeker on axion bolt is really nice, as are the ammo slots. It's a very pretty cloak too, works well with most shaders and has awesome patterns on it.