Cordus

Core Cordus

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Cordus (version 2015-06-12) - Second date. She looks different.

This map's first version was room-based and...well, it was bad. Now I know that making room-based maps is just NOT my forte. I included some Before & After screenshots to show how the map has changed.

xx0XAoW.jpg

ploA6bm.jpg

zyV46Bo.jpg

Cordus is an asymmetric 2v2 map built on Skyward. Top Gold is the main power position in the map and it can be countered by 3...

Read more about this map...

-Orzium-

Distinguished
I did enjoy playing on this map today. It was extremely balanced and all areas of the the map saw gun fights. My only issue with the map is the maze like feel that the centre part showcases. Try and remove maybe one or two enterences in the centre area and this will remove the maze like feel i get while playing on the map. Good too see you back forging again BK S312!

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I played Curtis last night and it was pretty fun. I really like your forging style with all of the different angles converging on one another as I've said before. In our game, purple saw the vast majority of the action and it was absolutely the focal point. As a result, the entire other side of the map including the brute shot spawn (which I didn't even find until the game was nearly over) was effectively used only as a spawning area. Having the long line of sight across the map onto purple doesn't really do the trick because purple is where the longest range weapon spawns. So, players go to purple, grab the sniper, and stay there to take advantage of the long line of sight. If the sniper were placed on the other side of that lane, it would draw some of the action away from purple and make the current sniper ledge much more dangerous. Rethinking some of the routes into purple a tad might also help. I'll play some more games on this when I can and see if that all holds true across multiple matches.

Reactions: Zandril

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Wow. Didn't expect this. I barely got feedback with this map so this is definitely nice to see. I saw Coitus as a "finished" map which is kind of the reason why I'm pouring most of my forging time testing and refining Lumen which is probably my best work in H2A so far.

I do thank you for the feedback though. And seeing as I like to improve my maps that have room for improvement, I just might revisit this map and see what I can do regarding a new sniper spawn. What worries me though is that if I move the sniper spawn to the other side (top Gold), it would be too close to the OS. Players can grab snipe and simply drop down to get OS.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Well, it might be worth rethinking the OS placement in that case. Though, the OS doesn't exactly pair with a sniper that well. Snipers encourage more conservative play whereas overshields do the opposite. I'll try to get ore games and see if I can share any more refined thoughts with you.

We played Lumen as well. It was pretty cool, though our game rarely flowed through the map's center. Could be placebo, though.

Reactions: Zandril