Community Teams Signup thread for SvC

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Staff vs Community

What is the Staff vs Community?

I'm glad you ask. As most of you may know the staff here at Halocustoms host the infamous Staff vs Community. The Staff vs Community is when a number of Staffers ( normally 5 but it can vary ) and community members go head to head in a pit for glory, bragging rights and the chance to victory crouch over the reds and oranges alike. It also uses a course of 5 pre-selected competitive maps that can use anything from Slayer to KoTH to Oddball.. well you get the point I'm trying to make here. The Staff also like to cycle out the community members to get as many members of the community as the can to enjoy the amazingness ( and stressfulness ) that is the SvC.

The History of SvC

As alot of you may not know the Staff vs Community has been going on in this site since last year after its founding. The Staff however went on a victory spree which they have yet to lose a single match since the SvC began ( which by the way at last count was 9-0 SvC playdates ).

Why has the community lost so many SvC's and not won a single one?

Now this is where it gets tricky. There are several opinions that come into play here but I'll try and name a few;​
  • The community members not playing the maps to help prepare against the Staff which of course leads to not knowing weapon placements, what vehicles there is etc.
  • Lack of communication on the community team. This is a pretty big factor when it comes to the actual event. The community, for the most part, have bad communications when it comes to call outs and things like that.
  • The community does not have a team prepared to defeat the Red and Orange over lords.
This is all of course the opinions of the community and it will vary from person to person.

How can I help end this tyranny of the Staff?

Well this is the simple part that I'm sure you've guessed from the title of this thread. What myself and several others have been looking to do is to help start a team or several teams that will help end the Staff's victory streak. The goal of this thread is to, in the least, make one team that can help defeat the Staff. If this thread happens to gain some popularity then it will allow for teams to be rotated around so that we can get as many Community members into the SvC as possible.

How can I join a team?

By entering how much you play Competitive game modes ( Slayer, KoTH, Oddball etc ) weather they are played in Match Making or in Custom Games as well as your Gamertag. After doing this, it would help in knowing the some of your most memorable experiences to use as an example before you can be put into a team. And lastly ( though not required ), enter your K/D ( Kill/Death Ratio ) to help with verifying your competitiveness.

It would also help to mention an other person(s) that may want to join your team or any person(s) that you would like to join your team. Teams should be between 5-6 players maximum. You can tag them in this post by entering the following *@-enter the persons name here-*. Once a team has been organised you may want to assign yourselves a team name as the generic "team 1" and "team 2" is just a little bit boring but I'll leave that part up to you guys.

When will I know about an upcoming SvC?

Well if for what ever reason you do not see or notice the event posted on one of the media stream posts, then I will update this thread so that you get an alert. In the off chance that this also fails, I will write a post on each attendees profile. After the event is announced I'll ask whether or not you are able to attend the upcoming event. SvC's only have a certain amount spots open for community members due to team size restrictions though this may vary depending on how many staff members will be able to attend.

Tip*
Just remember guys communication is key. If you do not communicate effectively then it is highly likely that you will lose. This has lead to several arguments/debates in the past so remember to talk to each other!

Current Team listings + Reserves

tl;dr
We're trying to set up a team or several to beat the Staffers in SvC. Read "How can I join a team?" for more details.

So thank you all who read this much and please enjoy this picture of a potato shaped heart.

potato_heart_mutation.jpg

Last edited:

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
On Halo 4, I play quite a lot of competitive.

On Halo 4.

A memorable experience I had is when I managed to create an absorb shield made of lag that protected me from evil scum bullets by eating them. Of course, though, the bullets had to go somewhere so there were times when nobody is around me and I just get hit by a randomass bullet.

KDA is around 2, KD is around 1.5. Dunno. It involves math.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Charles Stoot: I've played numerous 2vs2 and 4vs4 with Acorn in Customs on several maps.
I've recently picked up my game in Match-making changing my primary weapon from a bolt shot to a DMR, due to me playing more team base swat, BTB, and infinity slayer matches.

My KDR: .99 for slayer
.46 for KOTH​
I know this doesn't seem like a really good kill death ratio but I am a team player. I'm fairy good at using the sniper to make call outs and to also take out enemies. I'm also good at driving vehicles, that's why my assists far exceed my kills.​
Memorable moment was when I along with my team, on one of Ducks competitive maps, convoyed 3 hogs on longbow and kept the enemy at a minimal score. We were communicating from the front hog to the back hog and all around to make sure that when the front hog stopped we wouldn't cause a pile up. We kept at least 2 of those babies alive for most of the game.​

ChewyNutCluster

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Jan 13, 2013
installation 04
Isn't that a heart-shaped potato?

My K/D spread is around +20,000, but only a 1.44 K/D ratio.

I am a really competitive player, but I also love minigames. I think I'm fairly good at playing objective gametypes and I would say extraction is my favorite. I play some matchmaking, but mostly just competitive customs (throwdown or EU competitive settings).

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com

Greenh2

Master
Jan 10, 2013
Hey, what's up Greenh2 here. I would like to join a team. My previous experiences are actually quite good. I'm usually the top player in my team in matchmaking, and the only time I die is when my teammates left me to die. My best accomplishment is that I defeated a whole team by myself. But I kinda had an advantage, the other team was on split screen. My K/D is 1.13. It doesn't seem that good. But like I said, my teammates on matchmaking usually leaves me to die without any communication. My country is USA, and the timezone is EST. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Sakatak54

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Hey, sakatak54 here. I'd love to join any team that communicates. I'm a very good team player in competitive though I don't play halo 4 that much anymore. I have experience since halo 3. I can pretty much do anything ok that I'm asked to. My k/d is 1.01. It doesn't seem that good but lots of it is from fooling around in games like griffball.

EmbarkingZeus

Resident Coffee Aficionado
Jan 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Oooo Community teams

Well, I don't consider myself a master at Halo, but I can go head-to-head with most of the Staff team (Lots of Psycho's BTB lobbies) and I am the average foot soldier (Jack of all trades, Ace in none)

The competitive gametypes I usually play are Slayer, BTB, CTF, Oddball and Dominion (Slayer, Dominion and Oddball being mainly Matchmaking, CTF and BTB being Custom games)

I have a K/D ratio of about 1.1 (Due mainly to Team Action Sack)