Castle Map Pack - Perdition [First Look]

Personally my care for dev maps being forge friendly is almost nonexistent. I've seen very few dev map-forges go well, and those ones used very little of the actual maps geometry. This could make an interesting infection map, but I don't see it offering a whole lot of options past that.

Gameplay wise, it looks simple but fun. Once again the environment artists kicked ass. If there is one thing Halo 4 got right it is aesthetic design. Need to watch the vid a few more times whilst paying for attention to get a good feel, but nothing struck me as abhorrently bad off the bat.

Personally my care for dev maps being forge friendly is almost nonexistent. I've seen very few dev map-forges go well, and those ones used very little of the actual maps geometry. This could make an interesting infection map, but I don't see it offering a whole lot of options past that.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it.

These maps are looking better and better! Really looking forward to this one. It seems to be layed out a bit like exile, but it looks like it'll play soo much better

We made this for KotH, Extraction and Slayer.... I just give up. Looks like it'll play Slayer alright, and looks much better than the other map they showed... But Extraction and King!? Extraction has some potential to playing well on large maps, but KotH is just awful. This should be for Slayer, 1-Flag and Assault. :/

I want to plant my foot up this dumb brod's baby maker. Listening to her speak is torture.

After a second look paying attention a bit more, I am even more excited. This is an absolutely gorgeous map on the aesthetic side, one of the best looking Industrial-futuristic spaces I have seen. Looking up really captures a feeling in futuristic cities that I love.

Gameplay wise this also looks very strong. Open enough for effective vehicle use, but also segmented enough. The one ramp that launched the ghost at open point could have been shallower to allow for a smoother transition, but that is the only ify area in the vehicle circuit. I am very excited to see how this plays. Hopefully 343i puts 2-plot Extraction on here instead of stupid 1-Plot. That bugged me how much they did that, as 2 plots is what makes Extraction so unique to me, the juggling and flip flopping between the two that are active.

I actually very much like the look of this map, though find it kind of ironic that he kept enforcing the thought of industrial being so much more visually interesting than pedestrian esque areas. I feel quite the opposite and seeing as we already have countless examples of industrial in the franchise, this is nothing groundbreaking. My hope is that it's as fun as Terminal used to be.