Castle Map Pack Impressions

Which map is your favorite?

• Total voters
hc-coolstuff.jpg
Hello everyone, unless you've been living under a rock you've probably heard of Halo 4's Castle map pack by now. If you have heard of it, you've likely been living inside of a rocky cave network called Outcast anyway. Yeah, ask me about my bad pun collection some time. Anyway, at THFE we've been bringing you guys map pack impressions for all of Halo 4's DLC, and this is no different. We're working on getting an overview video of the entire map pack up soon.​
Sorry for how loud the game sounds are on the Daybreak video. Able SirThomas handled these and he was having some serious technical difficulties in trying to get these out as quickly as possible. Stay tuned for the overview, and discuss your thoughts on the map pack!​
Also, Able and I are hosting a customs night on the Castle maps tonight. Stop on by and play some Outcast Dominion and other fun games on the new maps.​

Took a little while. lol. But nice overview. I've played on all of them as well and I find them to all be quite gorgeous and for the most part... at least for me they played well.

Reactions: DirtyyJuicebox
Yeah, we got the first two up early yesterday afternoon. I asked Able to handle this because I have a big test in about two hours, but unfortunately Able has slow internet and is just learning the ropes of video editing and all. He had a lot of unforeseen technical issues too, so it's not really his fault. Still, I apologize for how long it's taken.

Nice review/walkthrough/gameplay/commentary thing guys. The maps look really detailed and fun. Hope you enjoyed playing them as much as I did watching the video.

Rating the maps based off of the number of things there are to BWAAAAA off of, I'd say they are pretty damn good.

Outcast is terrible. Every cave and path look the same, they are nothing but tunnels that run around in a maze.

Perdition has a banshee in the palette, but really?? Why would they put a banshee on a map that has very narrow figure 8 flight corridors with a very minimal ceiling? It is worse than Headlong on Reach. Otherwise it is a decent map.

Daybreak is cool. Haven't found anything negative about it yet.

Outcast is terrible. Every cave and path look the same, they are nothing but tunnels that run around in a maze.

Perdition has a banshee in the palette, but really?? Why would they put a banshee on a map that has very narrow figure 8 flight corridors with a very minimal ceiling? It is worse than Headlong on Reach. Otherwise it is a decent map.

Glad you made this thread nice and upbeat! jks

Perdition has a banshee in the palette, but really?? Why would they put a banshee on a map that has very narrow figure 8 flight corridors with a very minimal ceiling? It is worse than Headlong on Reach.

Outcast has a learning curve, and I do wish there was a bit more visual differentiation between some of the areas of the map. That said, spending a bit of time should allow you to get the hang of the map, the clues are there. it's just a learning curve thing, and it will give a bit of an advantage to players who are more familiar with the map. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. This sort of thing will turn some players off (like you, it seems) but by no means makes it a bad map.

The banshee being available on Perdition in forge is utterly irrelevant, as it isn't on the map by default. That would be like complaining about someone's forge map merely because banshees are available on the canvas their map is built on, even though they didn't have a banshee on their map in the first place. It's not even remotely close to being a valid complaint.

Z3mast3r, it's not so much a question of being upbeat. If you have valid criticisms they should be shared. It's just that these were about the farthest thing from valid, as one deemed a map bad purely on the grounds of personal preference and the other was completely irrelevant to anything.

Reactions: evergreen948
Daybreak is a map I can FINALLY use my lightrifle on without getting smashed by countless dmrs. Perdition is possibly my favourite map in halo 4! And outcast, meh.