Flood Cédricville Unleashed

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Cédricville Unleashed (version Final) - Devastated by war, the once prospering Norman village “Cédricville” now houses the Undead.

Cédricville Unleashed
By REMkings

“Devastated by World War 2, the once prospering French village Cédricville nowadays looks more like a huge graveyard. Most if not all of the inhabitants were cast away by the nazis, or simply due to a lack of hope or reasons to stay. A lone group of survivors that fled from the decide to enter the small township looking for shelter and...

Read more about this map...

reaper3bot0

Qualified
May 12, 2014
Every time I see a zombie map I think to myself how dull and boring and flat.... I wish that people would sculpt terrain or use the tools to actually perform some sort of terrain height difference. This map is no exception to this unfortunately....

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Every time I see a zombie map I think to myself how dull and boring and flat.... I wish that people would sculpt terrain or use the tools to actually perform some sort of terrain height difference. This map is no exception to this unfortunately....

I definitely agree with Zandril here. You don't seem to have any advanced experience with forging Flood, as I'm positive you wouldn't have even said all of this if only you had played the map. Like I mentioned in the thread - if you cared to read - there are actually 5 jumps for the Warthog. This makes up for the flatness of the track itself. To add to that, the humans have a ton of options to experience gameplay on a more vertical level and so do the zombies. The aesthetics on this map took quite a piece of the cake that is called budget, so if you're complaining I didn't waste rocks or blocks to build ugly looking road pieces just to make it more hilly, then I'm sorry to disappoint you. I prefer my Flood maps to look realistic and find other ways to implement terrain variation - which of course is a good thing to have but this time wasn't easy to achieve because of the heavy costs on the aesthetics -, which again, I did by adding those 5 jumps.
Normally I would say "thank you for the feedback", but seeing how yours was completely random and in no way based on things that actually had anything to do with the map, I cannot do that right now.

I'm starting to think the totally uncalled for anonymous review was actually yours.

Last edited:

reaper3bot0

Qualified
May 12, 2014
I definitely agree with Zandril here. You don't seem to have any advanced experience with forging Flood, as I'm positive you wouldn't have even said all of this if only you had played the map. Like I mentioned in the thread - if you cared to read - there are actually 5 jumps for the Warthog. This makes up for the flatness of the track itself. To add to that, the humans have a ton of options to experience gameplay on a more vertical level and so do the zombies. The aesthetics on this map took quite a piece of the cake that is called budget, so if you're complaining I didn't waste rocks or blocks to build ugly looking road pieces just to make it more hilly, then I'm sorry to disappoint you. I prefer my Flood maps to look realistic and find other ways to implement terrain variation - which of course is a good thing to have but this time wasn't easy to achieve because of the heavy costs on the aesthetics -, which again, I did by adding those 5 jumps.
Normally I would say "thank you for the feedback", but seeing how yours was completely random and in no way based on things that actually had anything to do with the map, I cannot do that right now.

I'm starting to think the totally uncalled for anonymous review was actually yours.

I think you mis understand what I'm talking about. You forged on a flat terrain. It is flat completely except for as you said the couple ramps you threw in for a warthog. What would make this awesome is building up the terrain say for example one of your houses was raised on a cliff side or something. I'm not blaming you if you used up your entire budget or close to it, I know the limitations of forge well after 150+ maps made. I am saying thou I wish that you had built up the terrain. Zandril you know nothing of what I have built. So stop trying to say what I have done and if you got a problem with it keep it in a pm instead of ruining this guys thread like you normally do.

And actually I played one zombie map in halo 4 that built his own terrain completely and used heavy aesthetics threw out the map that was by far the best zombie map I ever played on.

Lastly Remkings the standard zombie maps that have been mass produced are usually just buildings that bores me to death, this guys was like a forward motion type loop style zombie map with good aesthetics and custom terrain also multi path. (wish I could remember the name of it so I could give it to you as an example of what I mean.)

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I'll only reply once since this isn't worth it and you're just gonna bore me

I know the limitations of forge well after 150+ maps made.
If you can kindly picture me snickering, please do.

Zandril you know nothing of what I have built. So stop trying to say what I have done and if you got a problem with it keep it in a pm instead of ruining this guys thread like you normally do.
I actually do know of what you have built. I reviewed some of your maps back when Forge Cafe was still alive, remember? Or maybe you had your head too far up your own bum to remember any sensible feedback people give you. I'd use different words here but I don't really want to get into too much trouble.

And please tell me how I ruined REM's thread by saying "You obviously haven't played many Flood maps then. Not to mention that you've never even made a Flood map. Also, what you talk about is more important in competitive maps than Flood maps."

I'm sorry but only you can take that the wrong way. When things get heated, I do bring it to a PM. Seriously, try to remember FC. Seeing as things will usually get heated in an argument with you in the mix, I'll just stop right here. I'm not really interested in getting into another debate with you. You're very vocal with your feedback yet you lack the ability to receive feedback. All you can take is mindless praise. You're not worth my time.

Good day sir :)

Reactions: -Orzium-

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
reaper3bot0, while you are entitled to give feedback on maps, I would urge you to do so in a more respectful manner in the future. What I take issue with here is not so much the content of your feedback as the way it was delivered. Posting the anonymous review was unnecessary, and the rest of your feedback was not delivered in a terribly respectful manner either. Citing the number of maps you've created to support your argument also does not help your case.

Zandril, please keep past disagreements out of current threads.

Let's keep things classy, gentlemen. Take feedback with a grain of salt and all that.

Reactions: Elliot and REMkings