Halo Are you guys liking Halo 4?

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Not the best game ever, and definitely not the best Halo ever, but a good game nonetheless. It has it's issues, but nothing completely game-breaking (anymore, at least).

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Not the best game ever, and definitely not the best Halo ever, but a good game nonetheless. It has it's issues, but nothing completely game-breaking (anymore, at least).

Well exactly, Its NOT the best Halo ever, and while I can understand not being as INNOVATIVE, thats one thing, But taking out major features of your old games, and making a literal WORSE game the your predecessors just makes fora bad game.

When a lot of people are playing your 2004 and 2007 title, rather than your 2012 title... you dun goofed.

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Well exactly, Its NOT the best Halo ever, and while I can understand not being as INNOVATIVE, thats one thing, But taking out major features of your old games, and making a literal WORSE game the your predecessors just makes fora bad game.

When a lot of people are playing your 2004 and 2007 title, rather than your 2012 title... you dun goofed.
I'll agree, it does fail in comparison to the Halo games of the past, but as a title in-and-of-itself, it's not that bad.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I'll agree, it does fail in comparison to the Halo games of the past, but as a title in-and-of-itself, it's not that bad.
Yes, Halo compared to other games, it pretty high up.
Halo IS a good game, but you must criticize in comparison to what they've done
And when that's worse, that's kinda bad

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
Yes, Halo compared to other games, it pretty high up.
Halo IS a good game, but you must criticize in comparison to what they've done
And when that's worse, that's kinda bad
I personally don't think it's fair to compare Halo 4 to the other 5 Halo games. Are they the same franchise? Yes, but not the same studios who made them. Bungie makes games they want to play, which is why many if not all of their titles have been great. Microsoft wants to make as much money as possible, which is why Halo 4 was rushed out of production, and why we see as many issues as there we do.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I personally don't think it's fair to compare Halo 4 to the other 5 Halo games. Are they the same franchise? Yes, but not the same studios who made them. Bungie makes games they want to play, which is why many if not all of their titles have been great. Microsoft wants to make as much money as possible, which is why Halo 4 was rushed out of production, and why we see as many issues as there we do.

And that made me loose ALOT of faith in the future of Halo. 343 is 0/1 right now in my head (And ive liked every halo previously). So if 343 has in my mind not made a good halo game, what am I supposed to think of 5?

iGraviton

Proficient
Feb 22, 2013
And that made me loose ALOT of faith in the future of Halo. 343 is 0/1 right now in my head (And ive liked every halo previously). So if 343 has in my mind not made a good halo game, what am I supposed to think of 5?
I agree 100%. Halo 5 will definitely not be a release-day pickup for me, because I currently have 0 faith in 343, and I'm not going to drop 60$ on them until I've heard enough about Halo 5 to convince me to buy it.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
i just don't get anybody, this game has EVERYTHING. Weapons, story, artwork, forge, etc... I just don't see why its so bad! I still think the only problem is the halo community who just want the impossible.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
i just don't get anybody, this game has EVERYTHING. Weapons, story, artwork, forge, etc... I just don't see why its so bad! I still think the only problem is the halo community who just want the impossible.

Are you even listening to our points?
Halo: Reach Did all this and better
Halo 3 Did everything Better then Halo: Reach.

A game in a series from 5 Years ago should not be head and shoulders better then the one they was just released

Time Glitch

Qualified
Apr 2, 2013

An absolute god-tier moderator over at Waypoint by the name of DavidJCobb made this: The Custom Games Options Browser.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31455487/halo-4/custom-game-option-browser/latest.html

It's an interactive program showing what was present in older games, and what they took out in Halo 4. Do yourself a favor and get educated. We have lost TONS of functionality between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
Are you even listening to our points?
Halo: Reach Did all this and better
Halo 3 Did everything Better then Halo: Reach.

A game in a series from 5 Years ago should not be head and shoulders better then the one they was just released

Yes, obviously halo reach had better graphics, faster multiplayer, tons of weapons, controlled bloom, etc.... Halo 3 had an advantage because it was the top shooter of its time, nobody played cod yet and the rest of the fps that just blasted out recently (sort of recently). Other than that, halo 3 was pretty basic.

I join lobbies with you sometimes tomtris and you always SEEM to be having fun, but yet you say you only play halo 4 because its another halo.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
An absolute god-tier moderator over at Waypoint by the name of DavidJCobb made this: The Custom Games Options Browser.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31455487/halo-4/custom-game-option-browser/latest.html

It's an interactive program showing what was present in older games, and what they took out in Halo 4. Do yourself a favor and get educated. We have lost TONS of functionality between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

Invasion, race, and flood are the biggest problems i see. The rest, nobody ever voted for, honestly. I also see a ton of additions.

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Yes, obviously halo reach had better graphics, faster multiplayer, tons of weapons, controlled bloom, etc.... Halo 3 had an advantage because it was the top shooter of its time, nobody played cod yet and the rest of the fps that just blasted out recently (sort of recently). Other than that, halo 3 was pretty basic.

I join lobbies with you sometimes tomtris and you always SEEM to be having fun, but yet you say you only play halo 4 because its another halo.

No, no, no. Dont get me wrong, I LIKE HALO.

I have fun playing Halo.

However,
A. The community is always fun to chill with; Make it more enjoyable
B. Yes I play it because its another Halo, its still halo, and I can whine and fuss about every mistake (And there's alot), but the community is on here, Halo 4.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
No, no, no. Dont get me wrong, I LIKE HALO.

I have fun playing Halo.

However,
A. The community is always fun to chill with; Make it more enjoyable
B. Yes I play it because its another Halo, its still halo, and I cant whine and fuss about every mistake (And there's alot), but the community is on here, Halo 4.

Touche'

Wow this arguement just calmed down a lot...

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
I prefer 4 to Reach, but the reason I dont play 3 for anything other than campain is
A. This community that I have recently discovered is awesome
B. Forging is much less rudimentary
C. Outstanding multiplayer

Tomtris, this is not a 343 forums "hate" thread. While on some things I agree, don't blame 343. You would spew the same hate if Bungie was working on it. Halo beats COD anyday. So give us something you liked about 4. I find the concept of Halo great.

Reactions: FatThe2nd

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I prefer 4 to Reach, but the reason I dont play 3 for anything other than campain is
A. This community that I have recently discovered is awesome
B. Forging is much less rudimentary
C. Outstanding multiplayer

Tomtris, this is not a 343 forums "hate" thread. While on some things I agree, don't blame 343. You would spew the same hate if Bungie was working on it. Halo beats COD anyday. So give us something you liked about 4. I find the concept of Halo great.

That's the thing, they haven't introduced things I liked in this Halo.
In Reach, I enjoyed the credit system, Forge 2.0, Race and Invasion Gametypes, etc.

Halo 4 did not introduce ANYTHING I can say I liked.

iws27

Adept
Jan 10, 2013
Requium
What about Dominion? Or Impact(spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!)? Or even your signiture? What about storyline things, like the Didact? I know Halo 4 may not play as well, but thats only the outdated 360s fault.