Halo Are you guys liking Halo 4?

da bears1326

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
The 343 forum is just filled with hate so I was wondering if this could give some new perspective. I feel like I am the only one who loves this game.

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Well, its over all great... Alone. I feel as though it doesn't feel like Halo. It is missing the feel of Halo 2 and 3. With that aside I feel as though it definitely is good, but a little like COD in the sense that there are OP weapons and such. If 343 were to do some weapon mods, then without a doubt the game would be unmatched.

BdawgWolf98

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Virginia
I think its awesome!!! Love the multiplayer and forge especially! Some areas could be better, but over all great Halo game. Campaign was decent and Spartan Ops is good!

Although Halo Reach had many problems none of them bugged me that much. But I love reach for the fact of how much it made forge better. We can thank reach for so many of the things in forge now. Although I wished they changed some of the pieces, mainly because they basiclly took all of reaches and reskinned them and then added a few more.

aligator ac

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
United Kingdom
I like Halo 4, it's a good game. Nothing really bothers me about it.

Well, its over all great... Alone. I feel as though it doesn't feel like Halo. It is missing the feel of Halo 2 and 3. With that aside I feel as though it definitely is good, but a little like COD in the sense that there are OP weapons and such. If 343 were to do some weapon mods, then without a doubt the game would be unmatched.

What do you mean doesn't feel like Halo? You can't feel a game, do you have intimacy with the Halo 2 and 3 cds?(Joking). But I seriously, don't understand, I hate that word, Halo feel. I still think I'm playing Halo 2, I've been using the same type of style I've been using and the style I use is more complex than the run n' gun method in COD. And besides, in every game there is an OP weapon/character/place, just get over it and keep playing.

Time Glitch

Qualified
Apr 2, 2013
Eh.

I play Halo 4 for a while until all the little things start to get to me.

- DMR > All. At higher-tiered MM play, you're at a disadvantage if you don't use it along with the Boltshot. There goes the rest of the sandbox.
- BTB isn't about vehicles anymore. Any vehicle on the move is immediately EMP'd down and stickied. Even the Mantis. Huge design flaw on 343's part.
- Remember that custom game options are missing and broken.
- Skill matching is pretty bad due to low population. 90% of games are a landslide one way or the other.
- I never get to play any of the DLC because nobody outside of the DLC playlist has any of the maps, and 343 refuses to require DLC for ANYTHING.
- Join in Progress. 'Nuff said.
- Can't find anyone to play competitively with, so I can't do any competitive playlists like CTF or Throwdown. This one's on me, not 343.
- None of my friends play it anymore.

Then I go back to playing games that I can play alone and have fun with, like DayZ or Minecraft.

Halo 4 just isn't as good as Halo 3 or 2 were, IMO. It doesn't grab me in the same way, and it's not because of age. I was fortunate enough to play a Halo 2 LAN a few months ago and that game is STILL SO MUCH FUN.

All the new bells and whistles are nice on the surface, but I wish 343 had stuck to the Halo formula for at least their first game.

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
TBH, its my favorite halo yet. I'm glad 343 changed halo and added new formulas, the only problem is... well... the people. The halo community is never pleased anymore, and is living in the past of halo 3. Plus, people act like its the last game of their lives and use DMR + BS... I mean, I know its a competitive game, but nobody loosens up once in a while?

Reactions: Fuzzle

Time Glitch

Qualified
Apr 2, 2013
TBH, its my favorite halo yet. I'm glad 343 changed halo and added new formulas, the only problem is... well... the people. The halo community is never pleased anymore, and is living in the past of halo 3. Plus, people act like its the last game of their lives and use DMR + BS... I mean, I know its a competitive game, but nobody loosens up once in a while?

More like people got sick of getting destroyed by teams of DMR/Boltshotters and "If you can't beat em, join 'em".

Z3MAST3R

Flaming Ninja
Jan 21, 2013
United Kingdom
www.twitch.tv
Overall, Halo 4 is a great game. But there are aspects that can be improved (precision editing, forge budget) that would make the game better. However, the fact that 343i listened to all the forgers out there and introduced Forge Island is great. It shows that they are not just in it for the money. There are many other improvements, such as bringing back the BR and Master Cheif that make this Halo a real Halo game. (if that made any sense:eek:)

FatThe2nd

Proficient
Feb 7, 2013
Food court
Overall, Halo 4 is a great game. But there are aspects that can be improved (precision editing, forge budget) that would make the game better. However, the fact that 343i listened to all the forgers out there and introduced Forge Island is great. It shows that they are not just in it for the money. There are many other improvements, such as bringing back the BR and Master Cheif that make this Halo a real Halo game. (if that made any sense:eek:)

Now, 343 will learn from some of their mistakes, as bungie learned from halo ce (Lol that game was broken, but fun :heart:) and kick ass in halo 5.