Gaming What is your setup for gaming?

Jan 16, 2013
Alright so I am always interested in what people are using to game. That being things from your TV to accessories you may use. So the purpose of this thread is to just share your set up and then if people have been looking into buying an item that you have, say a headset, they can then ask you the pros and cons of the item other than a YouTube video review. So feel free to use these guide line if you want to share and if i forgot an area just add it to yours!

-TV(Brand, size, HD?)
- Controller (Brand? special features? and any other attachments to the controller)
- Headset (Brand)
-Xbox Model
-Gaming Glasses?
-Any odd quirks you have when you play?

1. Vizio, 22inch, 1080p LEDLCD
2.Wired White (with custom sticker job! haha) with keyboard attachment.
3.Turtle Beach X12
4. Xbox Slim
5. None
6. My odd quirks are that if I am playing competitively I'd rather play on a TV that is smaller than 26inchs, something else is that I must have the mic on my headsets on the right side of my face other wise it drives me nuts.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
22" monitor
I own a custom no-slow wired controller, red/white/blue like an MLG controller, with my gamertag on it... but I play with the wireless one that came with the Xbox
Astro A40
Xbox Slim
I own prescription Gunnars, but usually don't wear em
I turn my voice channel much louder than game channel, and then play music over it. So it's music>voice>game

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Cool idea for a thread! Here's my setup:

Samsung LCD TV 32"
Black regular controller (just got it, my other one is five years old now)
Red Samurai headset (just got it, still use a regular mic sometimes if I need to listen to music while playing)
White Xbox 360 Premium (the original version with a 20GB hard drive, this one's actually a refurbished one I got in fall of '08 when my original 360 red ringed)
Nope
Lawn Chair from Walmart is my gaming chair, yeah I know :cool:

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
a 22 inch 1080p monitor next to an old macbook and 32 inch 720p lcd tv

xbox and desktop pc are hooked to the monitor on an auto hdmi splitter

ps3 is hooked up to the hdtv (mostly for netflix) but can easily be plugged to the monitor

astro a40s going into an optical splitter switch, connected to the ps3, xbox, and pc

i too am wrapped in a blanket on my computer chair while i play

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
dude my desk is an atomic bomb of wires, i love it. I didnt even get into all my external hard drives and stuff lol.

i suppose my weird quirk is i CANNOT listen to music while playing xbox. just cant, too much going on there

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
dude my desk is an atomic bomb of wires, i love it. I didnt even get into all my external hard drives and stuff lol.

i suppose my weird quirk is i CANNOT listen to music while playing xbox. just cant, too much going on there
On my desk I have a 3 outlet splitter thing with my Xbox plugged into it and also my computer and phone when necessary. Now, here's where shit gets crazy, from my Xbox I have the following:
1. power cable to power supply to outlet
2. HDMI output to Elgato to TV
3. USB to Elgato (to laptop when recording)
4. Component adaptor to headset
5. USB to headset
6. USB to controller (when charging)
7. Audio cable from controller to thingy to headset

Then there's my laptop charger and such, way too many damned wires!

I really like listening to music while I game, so my headset has to go away sometimes. Gotta get my music while forging especially.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
there are never too many wires! how big of a power strip do you have?

ive got a full 12er myself
Well, I'm pretty sure there's a total of seven outlets in my dorm room, but I have a four slot power strip with my three slot splitter coming out of that. Then my amp is plugged over into the wall on the only other free outlet in the room.

Reactions: corduroyCHUCK

iForge

Qualified
Jan 16, 2013
K-mart
I've got two setups:

1. Elite Xbox 360, 52in LCD TV, standard controllers.
2. Xbox 360 slim, 15in (approx.) lcd computer screen, Evil controller (google it...)

Damien

Novice
Jan 12, 2013
- I have a JM3 TV (really old) Probably about 12in D:
- Black wired controller
- Turtle Beach x12
- Xbox Arcade
- None
- Not really.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
my tv is LG and is 53 inches long, flat screen and its HD
i have 5 controllers for some reason one custom assassins creed one that i made first try not the best but any way two halo 4 custom ones and two plain black ones all controllers are wireless and i have a custom halo 4 xbox

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
- 35" Flat HDTV
- 2 Gears of War 3 controllers (1 white text pad, 2 chargeable battery pack kits)
- Default Xbox 360 mic
- Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Slim
- Glasses are for referees :p
- I can't play a game's story line around other people haha I feel like I get too distracted or I'm missing something

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
- 39" HDTV, Insignia
- Halo 4 Forunner Designed Controller
- Turtle Beach x42s
- Halo 4 Limted Edition Console
- The fuq? Gaming Glasses? Does the virtual boy count?

swank

Qualified
Jun 20, 2013
Illinois
32" Never really cared for a big screen but I've adapted.

I usually use the controller that came with the box, however I do have an evil controller with sensitive triggers and buttons. I also run kontrol freeks.

Wireless Astro A40 when trying, wireless Xbox mic when not

Xbox slim Modern Warfare 3 edition

Additionally I have to have music going when being competitive, and the kontrol freeks with highest sensitivity is a must.