Time to update emotes again, eh? :P

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Seriously, there are some wierd emotes we have that uses *nobody*. Since they don´t predicate anything some of them are pretty unuseful.

On the other hand we have great emotes that "I am proud of". If I am right Shiralai makes all the smiley and imo she does a great job.
But it´s time to delete some of them. If you´re to narrow-minded to see that I can´t help you. :p

Favourites (most appearance):

:) ;) :p :D :eek: o_O :y: :slaphead: :cool: :( :rofl: :cool2: :no: :carlton: :ao :laugh: :inlove: :awesome: (doge is broken) :masterdebaytes: :lights: -_- :eek: :lmao: :oops: :heart: ;( :eek2: :brb: :hug:

Not used very often, but these belong to the essential ones IMO:

:grumpy: :inlove: :fuzzle: :n: :essias2: :dax: :vincent: :lock: :coffee: :stahp: :wakko: :lurk: :rolleyes: :beer: :mad: :confused: :shamrock: :-3

Random stuff where I ask myself why it´s still here:

:writing: :essias: :potogold: :doublerainbowallthewayacrossthesky: :poke: :dead: X3 :alien: :arghh: :artist: :innocent: :bookworm: :annoyed: :insane2: :link: :male: :shiralai: :chuck::fruitydrink: :pusheen: :headphones: :knight: :balloons: :cake: :debbie: :thefinger: :pirate: :notworthy: :shower: :mock: :flyingshoe: :nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom: auburn :devil: :cautious: :remkings: :bunny:

Staff emotes which are used the most, but just for hipster yolo swag stuff:

:psychoduck: :teddy: :insane: B1G :titmar:

1. It takes like 3 seconds to load all the smileys.
2. Then you have to find your emote of choice in this disordered clutch which is, sometimes, pretty annoying since you try to search it while it is still loading all of them...
3. Doge is still broken.
4. Why not add these:
emoticon-2867-src-f02f9d40f66f0840-28x28.png
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png
chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png
. Great use for ironic and funny talks!

Alright, you don´t need to delete emotes, but let´s make a compromize: Order the "emote box", please. That would be great.

See ya, Bud.

Last edited:

Shiralai

Emoticon Guru
Jan 13, 2013
I dont see the big deal. there is a help emoticon area where you can look up beforehand on the emotes and their meanings. So you know which one to look for, or memorize the shortcut for the ones you use a lot. I rarely look at the emoticon list. it's pretty straight forward for shortcut labels.

+ didnt you forget that :mock: :knight: :flyingshoe: are also staff icons ;)

Lol it's not a huge deal for me I guess.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I dont see the big deal. there is a help emoticon area where you can look up beforehand on the emotes and their meanings. So you know which one to look for, or memorize the shortcut for the ones you use a lot. I rarely look at the emoticon list. it's pretty straight forward for shortcut labels.

+ didnt you forget that :mock: :knight: :flyingshoe: are also staff icons ;)

Lol it's not a huge deal for me I guess.
I said "most used staff icons" :p Maybe you don´t do that because you *made* them, but other people do. It just could be better...

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Kappa is probably the most used emoticon on the internet.
Err... source?

Not that I'm opposed to adding it, I just spend a lot of time on the internet and have never seen this emoticon. Not really sure what the big deal is, but whatever floats your boat

Edit: IMO the best way to fix the problems referenced here is to make a spritesheet, which reduces strain on HTTP requests and makes it much snappier. But it also requires a good amount of time investment to set it all up, so...maybe eventually :D

Reactions: Buddy

Yeti

Superfast Jellyfish
Mar 10, 2014
Georgia, USA
Reactions: Buddy