TheHaloForgeLeague Flood [CONTEST]!

Are you subscribed?

• Total voters

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
The only things I've edited in the Flood gametype is the armor ability used and the loadout for the humans. Is that acceptable?
Yes it is. He said you can have custom gametypes. Only mini games are not allowed. This would be something that uses the Flood gametype but to create something completely different to what default Flood actually is. If your map/gametype is based on surviving the flood then it will be fine.

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
Say I were to make a alien map. Like off of the movie where the humans have 80% damage saws have to survive a really strong fast zombie. 1 zombie 1 life live or die

THFL

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Youtube
www.youtube.com
Say I were to make a alien map. Like off of the movie where the humans have 80% damage saws have to survive a really strong fast zombie. 1 zombie 1 life live or die
Thats a hard one... To me it seems a little bit to much like fat kid which is a minigame and not allowed. I would just try to keep it more simple classic infection because that would be hard to judge and we would get alot of complainers if that map were to win. Sorry i'm sure you can come up with a different gametype.

EmbarkingZeus

Resident Coffee Aficionado
Jan 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thats a hard one... To me it seems a little bit to much like fat kid which is a minigame and not allowed. I would just try to keep it more simple classic infection because that would be hard to judge and we would get alot of complainers if that map were to win. Sorry i'm sure you can come up with a different gametype.
He could also make it like the Hidden game type, and that is not so much a mini-game

EmbarkingZeus

Resident Coffee Aficionado
Jan 12, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Its still a close call... We are just very cautious because we don't want people complaining or getting mad because it was unfair. To be safe, lets just stick to classic infection.
True, it all depends on the players. You need to think about the majority, not just the minority of the players. Although, he could make two game type variants for it and only show case the classic infection type. Speaking of maps, are we allowed to host testing sessions before we submit them? Sorry, this is my first map contest.

THFL

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Youtube
www.youtube.com
True, it all depends on the players. You need to think about the majority, not just the minority of the players. Although, he could make two game type variants for it and only show case the classic infection type. Speaking of maps, are we allowed to host testing sessions before we submit them? Sorry, this is my first map contest.
Of course, testing is all part of the map making process. You can host as much as you want whether its on here or not.

Master Debaytes

⚆▽⚆
Dec 31, 2012
UF
Its still a close call... We are just very cautious because we don't want people complaining or getting mad because it was unfair. To be safe, lets just stick to classic infection.
So, what's your take on progressive infection maps?

For example, the map I'm almost done with starts players off at the bottom of the Ravine and they have to keep moving down the path to make their way to the end where they are picked up by a Pelican.

THFL

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Youtube
www.youtube.com
So, what's your take on progressive infection maps?

For example, the map I'm almost done with starts players off at the bottom of the Ravine and they have to keep moving down the path to make their way to the end where they are picked up by a Pelican.
Sorry i didn't see you comment earlier. Yes, linear/progressive flood is great.