The Great Debate #1

Which game is better... and why ?

• Total voters

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
So I've had this urge to write something that seems like something interesting until you actually read the sentence and it makes no sense... just like this one , fun that isn't it?

Anyway I've had this idea about creating a weekly debate certain things , for example Halo CE's warthog run or Halo 3's? Panda's or Seals ? Potatoes man or potatoes ? You know the important things in life.

So to start this weeks 'Great Debate' off , the topic will be which Battlefield do you prefer...

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield_Bad_Company_2_cover.jpg

or

Battlefield 3
images

Now , both games are amazing , fun and competitive to play but.. which one did you prefer and why is it superior to the other?
(damn C4 spammers FUUUUUUU)

Things to think about ;

• Now think about the maps and their layout.
  • The vehicles and why they're more awesome than other vehicles from the other game.
  • New gametypes that were introduced like BF2BC's Rush or the Armored Killed DLC and the guns themselves.
  • Before and after patches and how the gameplay had changed.
  • How team work and coordination is promoted.
  • The Campaigns and why it was awesome.
  • Achievements...need I say more?
Also try to include some of the experiences you've had either good or bad and why the tank beats everything... seriously tank beats everything..
....told ya.

Anyhow let me know if you enjoyed this thread or weather or not you found it silly or stupid.And finally which topic should I cover next week? Post you idea below along with your answer and we'll see which one is the most popular!

Anyways internet....BOOP

thesplatzer

Master
Apr 5, 2013
Texas, United States
This is a tough decision. Battlefield 3 was more chaotic and fast paced but had some balancing issues. For example someone could just run with the M16a3 the whole game as an Assault class and get load of points just because you can revive everyone on your team, plus the M16 is overpowered. Vehicle game-play in my opinion is more solid in Battlefield 3, and is something that makes it a stand out from the FPS genre.

On the other hand the destruction was better in BFBC2, and the classes were more balanced. I didn't play BFBC2 a whole lot because I became really interested in the Battlefield series upon the release of BF3. But from what I remember BFBC2 was a pretty solid game-play experience.

I think that both of the games are good but my vote goes to Battlefield 3 because I have put more play time into that.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that cares about the Battlefield series. And I hope that Battlefield 4 takes the good elements from both games to make the world's greatest FPS. I'm so hyped for Battlefield 4! :D

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
This is a tough decision. Battlefield 3 was more chaotic and fast paced but had some balancing issues. For example someone could just run with the M16a3 the whole game as an Assault class and get load of points just because you can revive everyone on your team, plus the M16 is overpowered. Vehicle game-play in my opinion is more solid in Battlefield 3, and is something that makes it a stand out from the FPS genre.

On the other hand the destruction was better in BFBC2, and the classes were more balanced. I didn't play BFBC2 a whole lot because I became really interested in the Battlefield series upon the release of BF3. But from what I remember BFBC2 was a pretty solid game-play experience.

I think that both of the games are good but my vote goes to Battlefield 3 because I have put more play time into that.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that cares about the Battlefield series. And I hope that Battlefield 4 takes the good elements from both games to make the world's greatest FPS. I'm so hyped for Battlefield 4! :D

I played some BF2BC and I'll tell you now , I had some pretty intense moments with friends. Flying into enemy territory with a heli , parachuting in and trying to flank the enemy from behind. That being said , I sniped a jet with a tank in BF3... that and my epic moment of trying to fly a heli for the first time :laugh:.

Also be sure to leave a suggestion for next week if you can think of anything!

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Based purely off my experiences, BC2 was the bomb! Never really got into 3...

Yeah it had a great campaign and I preferred it to BF3's , that being said BF3 had a good online on certain maps but as I played it on the 360 it felt like I had to wait 10 minutes to even find someone to kill.

I was barely abe to play BC2. I only bought it to know more about the campaign. I played BF3 a lot in both Multiplayer and Campaign. I had to beat the campaign in the hardest difficulty 'cause of my damn addiction to achievements.

The campaign was great , I loved the humor they threw into it ^.^.Speaking of achievements , what was the hardest one out of either game for you?

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
Well, there was no achievement in BF2 for beating the campaign on the hardest difficulty so I have to say the hardest campaign difficulty achievement for BF3. Forgot what it was called. -__-

Butterfly achievement ?The one where you have to shoot down the jet in one go? If we're talking about that then f&*! that achievement , I tried to get it on hard and if I saved and quit then BF3 would just screw me over and I'd have to replay the entire mission over again :(.

SOLIDSNAKEee

Salad Snack
Jan 26, 2013
Ireland
That was frustrating. But for me, it wasn't the hardest. That one took me only about two tries. I got it on the third. I honestly don't know if I just got lucky or if my timing was just top.

You can't die by the jet or the achievement won't count.Twas annoying as hell :laugh:.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
BFBC2 is much better imo. Much more team based for a win. However, hardly anyone plays it without a full squad anymore, so I have no reason to play that or BF3.

Everything was more balanced and to be honest, well done, in BFBC2.

Reactions: SOLIDSNAKEee