Mini Game Paranormal Pests

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Paranormal Pests (version 1.0) - feat. Ghosts that can jump through walls! You can warp but you can't hide!

Paranormal Pests
By Rabid MidgetMan
View attachment 4673
Boo.

My god, you're very pale, you look like you've seen a ghost!
This building has become infested with pesky spirits, so you've been sent in to clear them out. But don't lose your nerve Mr. Ghostbuster, these ghosts are actually pretty harmless, so it's just a question of catching them all. Should be simple, right? Nope, the slippery specters have a trick up their sleeve... They can walk through walls!...

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Budddyyy
Apr 27, 2013
UK
:D thanx, I have a habit of over-explaining my maps so i try to throw in a few jokes to keep people interested aha ;)

That reminds me, some lobby advice:

• First of all I would advise telling the players in the lobby that you can assassinate people, as the gameplay feels much more balanced once everyone realises this. The game still functions if you don't, but few players pick it up on their own.
  • I originally designed this for large lobbies of 8-14 and it works really well with that amount; a lot of quick fun and assassinations are much easier because the radar becomes redundant when there are so many dots on it.
  • I found that the game is surprisingly enjoyable with lobbies of 3-5 as well. It is much stealthier, you often have to crouch to go off radar in order to get kills. It also feels a lot more personal because you're being taunted by the same person over and over.

Reactions: Budddyyy
Apr 27, 2013
UK
Thanks, I always try to be original when forging. If you enjoy playing the game, please come back and give this a rating afterwards :)

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
review-crew-customs-posl-jpg.4856
Congrats! Your map has been selected to be play-tested and reviewed in the next Review Crew Customs lobby.​
Although author attendance is optional, we would enjoy your presence at this event.​
When your map is played, a spot will be reserved for you if you choose to attend.​

Apr 27, 2013
UK
I will play and review this weekend :D

Thanx! Please read this updated lobby advice before playing:
  • First of all I would advise telling the players in the lobby that you are able to assassinate the infected, as the gameplay feels much more balanced once everyone realises this. The game still functions if you don't, but few players pick it up on their own.
  • This game works best with about 8-12 players; a lot of quick fun and assassinations are much easier because the radar becomes virtually redundant when there are so many dots on it.
  • If someone is spamming the teleporter, look to one place that they teleport to and swing your sword there till they eventually teleport back to the same spot

Great Mist

Master
Jan 18, 2013
Where the Mist takes me
youtube.com
Thanx! Please read this updated lobby advice before playing:
  • First of all I would advise telling the players in the lobby that you are able to assassinate the infected, as the gameplay feels much more balanced once everyone realises this. The game still functions if you don't, but few players pick it up on their own.
  • This game works best with about 8-12 players; a lot of quick fun and assassinations are much easier because the radar becomes virtually redundant when there are so many dots on it.
  • If someone is spamming the teleporter, look to one place that they teleport to and swing your sword there till they eventually teleport back to the same spot
I know mate ;) I have to look through the entire format of a map to decide if I want to play it

Reactions: Rabid MidgetMan