Mini Game Circumvention: Orbital

Legundo

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
Circumvention: Orbital (version v1.1) - Grab the ball, pass to win! A new eSport

logo.png
Gameplay Trailer:​
A 6v6 Full Match:​

Circumvention is an eSport version of Oddball, where the field is a simple arena and the object is simple, hold on to that ball, no matter what!! First team to 150 wins!

Set up long bombs to rack up ordinance points and call in the big guns, run faster, hit harder, and make your opponents explode. You know, just a normal everyday Halo Sport :D

Read more about this map...

Reactions: Budddyyy

Legundo

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
How is this different then grifball?

Ah, the reply I see every time I post this... :bookworm:

- No Goal
- Ordinance
- No Hammer Starts
- Only Ball Carrier is Vaunerable
- No Friendly Fire
- Different Player Settings
- Different Gameplay
- Different Maps
- Different Rules
- Different Scoring System
- Not Griffball Gametype

Most Importantly
- Created to be a separate experience, so I just wish people would give it a chance.

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
- No Goal
- Ordinance
- No Hammer Starts
- Only Ball Carrier is Vaunerable
- No Friendly Fire
- Different Player Settings
- Different Gameplay
- Different Maps
- Different Rules
- Different Scoring System
- Not Griffball Gametype

Most Importantly
- Created to be a separate experience, so I just wish people would give it a chance.
So it's Keep Away?

Apr 27, 2013
UK
oh so its actually an oddball gametype, you should have mentioned that, it looked a little like you were trying to pass it to reach goals.

Apr 27, 2013
UK
Grab the pall, Pass to win! I never mention a goal, but I'll try to make that a bit more clear, thanks :D

I assume when you say 'pass to win' your not saying that passing = points, but that, like ordinary oddball, points are gained for time holding the ball and there is a pressure to pass because if you don't you will be killed, losing possession. Sounds kl :)

Legundo

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
I assume when you say 'pass to win' your not saying that passing = points, but that, like ordinary oddball, points are gained for time holding the ball and there is a pressure to pass because if you don't you will be killed, losing possession. Sounds kl :)

Exactly, since your carrier is you most vulnerable player.

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
I welcome you to come join in and see how saying "just keep away" is like saying halo is "just shooting people". At least give the game a chance, that's a fair thing to ask, isn't it?
I'll be sure to play it.
That comparison you made is invalid. That is completely different.

Legundo

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
I'll be sure to play it.
That comparison you made is invalid. That is completely different.

No, no it isn't. We have put weeks and weeks of tweaking and updating and fine tuning to create something unique in the Halo engine to allow for a new type of game. To say that that effort is invalid just because you can think of a more simplified version is insulting, to be honest. The same can be said for Griffball, or Trajectory Flag, or Speedrun, or Duck Hunt, or Crash Up Derby... the list goes on.

Here, created today's games: http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-27-2013-cicumvention-and-other-customs-lz-legundo.9540/

Hope to see you on.

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
No, no it isn't. We have put weeks and weeks of tweaking and tweaking to create something unique in the Halo engine to allow for a new type of game. To say that that effort is invalid just because you can think of a more simplified version is insulting, to be honest. The same can be said for Griffball, or Trajectory Flag, or Speedrun, or Duck Hunt, or Crash Up Derby... the list goes on.

Here, created today's games: http://halocustoms.com/threads/may-27-2013-cicumvention-and-other-customs-lz-legundo.9540/

Hope to see you on.
:slaphead: You took that completely wrong. I was saying that the comment you said:
I welcome you to come join in and see how saying "just keep away" is like saying halo is "just shooting people". At least give the game a chance, that's a fair thing to ask, isn't it?
I was meaning that if I have never played Halo I would think it is just shooting. Since I have never played Circumvention I think it is just a Keep Away variant. I would have to play it and see how it is different. I was not trying to insult you in any way.

Legundo

Proficient
Feb 1, 2013
:vincent: You took that completely wrong. I was saying that the comment you said:
I was meaning that if I have never played Halo I would think it is just shooting. Since I have never played Circumvention I think it is just a Keep Away variant. I would have to play it and see how it is different. I was not trying to insult you in any way.

Okay, I apologize if I took that the wrong way. It's just the fact that I deal with "Griffball, GTFO" so much, that when I see people just dismiss the GameType without even giving it a chance to play, I like the argue the point.

Hugs? :)

Fiesty Fedora

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Okay, I apologize if I took that the wrong way. It's just the fact that I deal with "Griffball, GTFO" so much, that when I see people just dismiss the GameType without even giving it a chance to play, I like the argue the point.

Hugs? :)
:hug: I'll be sure to try it. :D