A GUIDE TO DYNAMIC LIGHTING

NOVA

Qualified
Jan 26, 2013
if im not mistaken but you could be right and its just the way ive heard it prononced that it sounds like it has an M instead of an N.

IAMAGUN15

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
North Carolina
Is it possible to get rid of lighting altogether. I have an indoor map and it doesn't look good because of the lighting
yeah if you set all the pieces that are striking a shadow on your map to: Spawn at Start; False and set the spawn time to something under 10 it will not cast a shadow on any other peices
just stay in oracle mode for the effect if you switch to player mode then it updates the lighting but even if you do update the lighting the effect will still work in custom games

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
yeah if you set all the pieces that are striking a shadow on your map to: Spawn at Start; False and set the spawn time to something under 10 it will not cast a shadow on any other peices
just stay in oracle mode for the effect if you switch to player mode then it updates the lighting but even if you do update the lighting the effect will still work in custom games
Thanks

CooliestRap

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
This is so Helpful!!! Warholic you sly dawg. Just think back to the start of H4 when we didn't even know about this and we were all just making maps with terrible lighting. Then you came along and saved us. :)

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Warholic this is absolutely incredible. I don't know how you managed to do this, but I know I can speak for the majority of the community by saying thank you so much for all the work you've put into this and we all really appreciate it!

X51000

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
A Box
You should update this thread with Forge Island's dynamic lighting, man. It would make this thread that much more awesome :y:

I agree
Start with the buildings. We know that almost everything in that category is hard on lighting.
The block 1x1 series are the first to lose lighting when it goes.

Reactions: NinetysBorn