HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Zed (version 2.0) - An inverse symmetric 4v4 map inspired by Narrows

ZED
created by Zandril S312 and oOZeroFlameOo

HjLUd7C.jpg

This map is a product of a coforge between myself and oOZeroFlameOo. We basically wanted to make a map with a curved bridge that's similar to the one in Narrows but with more movement options around the map.

The map is inversely symmetric and has recently undergone many changes....

Read more about this map...

Reactions: a Chunk
Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I see you've changed the bases so that they're now in the rooms. G'job on that. The way it is now reminds me of the Pit a little, in fact I was thinking it could be an idea to move your snipes into Gold and Green huts. Then again I don't know if that would be a good idea or not since I don't have gold :p

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
I see you've changed the bases so that they're now in the rooms. G'job on that. The way it is now reminds me of the Pit a little, in fact I was thinking it could be an idea to move your snipes into Gold and Green huts. Then again I don't know if that would be a good idea or not since I don't have gold :p

We've thought about that before but the huts didn't incorporate risk vs reward as well as the base platforms of the bridge. Also, come back. Come back, brah.

#nohomo :p

Reactions: RegrettedKarma6
Apr 27, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
We've thought about that before but the huts didn't incorporate risk vs reward as well as the base platforms of the bridge. Also, come back. Come back, brah.

#nohomo :p

It's true that snipes being in those spots don't really incorporate risk vs reward and it does slow down play. I just always thought it was interesting on pit games seeing as you could either be super aggressive and risk gifting the other team your snipe, or set up and punish enemy pushes to allow your team to counter push. Also that was touching, and now I'm going to renew just for that ;(

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
I have played this a bunch of times now, and every time the lobby gets into a super-competitive mode because it's forged so nicely. Always love it when you put it up in the lobby, guys. Can't wait for the next game.

Hey Zan, In the game we played I think the top route leading to the flag spawn was very overpowering. It was very protected and when a group of players were up there it was quite hard to penetrate. perhaps removing the pillar would do some good. I'm not sure if you have changed this in the new update. Other than that, the map played really well. :)

Juanez Sanchez

Proficient
May 30, 2013
I like all the changes but i am unsure about the briges used as cover in the bases, at the bottom of the ramp down from top-mid. They seem to block movement upwards,s one has to walk around the thing before you can jump up. I can only see it adding some cover to the side flag route from top mid, and it looks out of place IMO. Just my two cents. Apart from that it plays swell

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
Yeah, the map really didn't function with the Ball games. Slayer and CTF are the best variants - Extraction is still pretty exciting.