Your wishlist for Forge in Halo 5?

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
-Instead of different canvases, have one gigantic one like Forge world (it'll have lots of space for variety on next-gen) and let us select texture (snow, desert, grassland, swamp, etc) and skybox.

I'd prefer to have just one canvas too. It'd be less confusing than when you would have to figure out on what canvas a certain map was made, and it would even allow people to combine several natural environments into one. Or, make a remake of one's own map, but then set in a different climate.

Your other points were very solid as well, by the way.

Reactions: Noble Caravan Co.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Please bring back the Custom powerups from H3 and Reach (Three "balls" with different colours)! They would be so useful!
Because you *can't* pick up trait zones in Halo 4, right??

Especially the yellow custom powerup would be SO useful! You can pick it up and change your player traits. It's like a small moving trait zone... That's gotta be back in H5! :eek:

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
Please bring back the Custom powerups from H3 and Reach (Three "balls" with different colours)! They would be so useful!
Because you *can't* pick up trait zones in Halo 4, right??

Especially the yellow custom powerup would be SO useful! You can pick it up and change your player traits. It's like a small moving trait zone... That's gotta be back in H5! :eek:
Plus, you can customise its duration.

Reactions: Buddy

Elliot

Yorkshire Pudding Guru
Jan 10, 2013
York, United Kingdom
I'd prefer to have just one canvas too. It'd be less confusing than when you would have to figure out on what canvas a certain map was made, and it would even allow people to combine several natural environments into one. Or, make a remake of one's own map, but then set in a different climate.

Your other points were very solid as well, by the way.
I don't see the issue with it being harder to figure out what canvas a map is made on. Surely all this would do is make the map more immersive, as it isn't as recognisable. Yes, being able to select multiple options on a singular canvas would be awesome, but having multiple canvasses would improve performance, right?

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I have thought for some time and I have decided what will be a deal breaker for me. First let me spawn the damn object, I don't care if a person is standing on it, just spawn it. Second Normal and Fixed physics will work for all objects. Meaning a wall will take on normal physics much like in halo 3 with the walls and crates. Also by Normal I mean that you can link objects together with magnets or something and have then join normal physics. Like linking a hog to a wall and setting it to normal and making a dumb truck or what not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kantalope and Buddy
i would like to be able to spawn large vehicles and be able to put them in the background i.e having a covenant cruiser be above one of your slayer maps also the ability to spawn destroyed vehicles would really improve maps for certain game modes. Finally i would like two forge worlds one much like the halo reach forge world accept larger and with different terrain and one a bit like impact in halo 4.

Mar 23, 2013
Los Angeles, California
I have always love reading what people want from forge, the canvases, the weather, and much more that I've seen discussed. One of the very big things that I don't see talked about very often and I have always thought would add much to the atmosphere and mood; is changing the daytime setting. Yes it's been discussed, but I would like a very complex system that would allow you to radically shape the skybox of your forge map.

Such a system would let you configure how much light is shone on the forge canvas and what natural colors are present not only in the sky above but also onto your map. You would be able to wheel through a 24 hour cycle with each hour having a noticeable, differing affect on your world you are about to create and from there you can make changes from how much light is emitted day or night, clouds present in the sky, and the coloring of the sky. And for those who wish to create truly alien worlds, the options should include the coloring of layers in the sky. Just as sunsets can create a sky that is blue on the bottom, orange above that, and purple resting on top of the orange; you should be able to create a otherworldly sky that has green, followed by blue, and yellow as you continue to rise.

I would love to add a dash of orange and fleeting purple and pink of a late sunset, or the still beauty of a late evening casting a darkness over a quiet cabin in the woods, or the sun partially rising with the bright rays exposing the ruins of a battlefield left from a brutal Covenant assault. Such dimensions such as how the lighting brings in different colors, how much of each shade of the night or day is represented upon your forge map can truly create a world that comes alive with touches that you made. Imagine creating that harsh beating sunlight on a UNSC barracks or orchestrating the simple tones of moonlight shining on a flood-infested metropolitan area.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear anybody's comments on such a feature.

Reactions: Buddy

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
Okay This is not needed but I think it be very clever to have Initial Spawn points for objects, Re-spawn points for objects, and you can set where it spawns in what order by spawn sequence. This would also come with a de-spawn timer, that when the object spawns the object starts the de-spawning timer. Okay let me explain that first part. Lets say you want to initial spawn an object in the water, then have it de-spawn. Once it de-spawns the re-spawn point is forced into play and is determined to spawn in by what you have set for the re-spawn time on that object. So the re-spawn point is in the air, now that same object is in the air and can repeat the same patter or be stopped but setting the user data to a number that stops the object from re-spawning or de-spawning.

Now how is this beneficial, well lets say your making a progressive last stand map (I want one made but any way) you force them forward but what this you get to the end of your map and your out of pieces. Well you can take the first part of your map and re-spawn it later on some where else. That same object, you now have no more budget problems, you don't get lag from modded canvases and you can just keep on making a map as if its a campaign mission.

Another thing I'm hopeing they bring into halo 5 really badly is Primary Initial spawn point and Primary Initial re-spawn point, where a person is forced to Initial spawn there before any one can initially spawn any where else and same with the re-spawn points some one has to re-spawn at this re-spawn point before they re-spawn any where else.

Reactions: Buddy and Kantalope

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
I have always love reading what people want from forge, the canvases, the weather, and much more that I've seen discussed. One of the very big things that I don't see talked about very often and I have always thought would add much to the atmosphere and mood; is changing the daytime setting. Yes it's been discussed, but I would like a very complex system that would allow you to radically shape the skybox of your forge map.

Such a system would let you configure how much light is shone on the forge canvas and what natural colors are present not only in the sky above but also onto your map. You would be able to wheel through a 24 hour cycle with each hour having a noticeable, differing affect on your world you are about to create and from there you can make changes from how much light is emitted day or night, clouds present in the sky, and the coloring of the sky. And for those who wish to create truly alien worlds, the options should include the coloring of layers in the sky. Just as sunsets can create a sky that is blue on the bottom, orange above that, and purple resting on top of the orange; you should be able to create a otherworldly sky that has green, followed by blue, and yellow as you continue to rise.

I would love to add a dash of orange and fleeting purple and pink of a late sunset, or the still beauty of a late evening casting a darkness over a quiet cabin in the woods, or the sun partially rising with the bright rays exposing the ruins of a battlefield left from a brutal Covenant assault. Such dimensions such as how the lighting brings in different colors, how much of each shade of the night or day is represented upon your forge map can truly create a world that comes alive with touches that you made. Imagine creating that harsh beating sunlight on a UNSC barracks or orchestrating the simple tones of moonlight shining on a flood-infested metropolitan area.

Thanks for reading and I would love to hear anybody's comments on such a feature.
I think that 343i should just mix forge with the LBP editing system, that way we could edit toggled/preset events, fog, view distance, AI nodes/bots, and flashlights/nightvision(togglible) into the gameplay or map itself. YOU COULD MAKE HORROR MAPS! This would also allow for maps to default to or only play with a specific gamemode.

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
A miscellaneous thing that I would like to see it the ability to change the individual weapon's scope and damage in the game variant or even the map itself. The map folder system can be kind of like the tagging system except with only one tag like 'competitive,' 'casual,' or something like that. The 'corer' idea sounds like the easiest way to make trenches and caves. I think that an object label that sets objects other than Jersey Barriers to be dynamically destroyed would be a nice feature. Maybe let objects be destroyed only in the center or at a corner? It'd be cool if I could slash a hole through a wall and kill some humans in infection!

Last edited: