Map Preview Xenos

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Hey guys. I'm proud to present to you a competitive map that I made.

This map is named Xenos.

LIvxqVw.jpg

This map is designed primarily for 2v2 and 1v1 and has a forerunner theme that I think I pulled off pretty well.

Xenos is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, KoTH, and Oddball.

Overall, I'm very proud with this map. It has a simple layout and look and it plays very well for 1v1 and 2v2 games.

Weapons

- Railgun (x1)
- Sniper Rifle (x1)
- Assault Rifle (x1)
- Light Rifle (x1)
- DMR (x1)
- Pulse Grenade (x2)

*Only the Railgun and Pulse Grenades spawn at the start of a match. The rest of the weapons spawn later on.

Map download link: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/d1fd51a4-68e8-4ee7-9d61-ca89c00326cc

SCREENSHOTS

6xiTkO8.jpg

9kOERMD.jpg

uiVYBqg.jpg

PSVfdyc.jpg

6EVA031.jpg

Ocy0Iif.jpg

LHzU8Im.jpg

SzeV1w5.jpg

43iPz4o.png

Kurosaki Tensai

Proficient
Jan 30, 2013
Qc, Canada
This map was really fun to play the other night, although I thought some sections were a tad small for 4v4. I think if you added a point of interest to the yellow tunnel, the whole would flow better, but that's just my own two cents.

Reactions: ZanLo

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
THIS ONE! :eek: It was interesting. Nice verticality, although I'm not a fan of it for FFA (which we played). No other notable issues, although ground cover in the center would be preferable. 4v4 would be overly crowded in my opinion. 3-5 person FFA, or up to 2v2 Team is my suggestion.

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
And this is actually the first time I've heard of a suggestion for ground cover. In which area do you think ground cover is needed? I'd like to look into it.
C0KwdU6.png

Where you have the flat terrain of the Island. It's understandable that this region will undoubtedly be the inferior position, and running through/up is common. However, I thought that some cover would be nice for ground-to-ground encounters, and maybe some grenade evasion coming from above. Sorry about not being all too detailed, but you can experiment and see what works ;)

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
So, I agree that it's a little on the small side for 4v4s. I actually played a 1v1 on this a day or so ago, it actually seemed to handle it pretty well in terms of the size ;)

Besides the size of the map though, I noticed a few issues that might need looking into. I'll have to get check it out with you in game next time we're both on. If you're interested, that is!

Reactions: CrimmyZ

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
Map Updated

- The map is now for 1v1 and 2v2. But 3v3 also plays pretty well.
- Because of those changes, the weapons have been changed. The Rockets and Sword have been removed and replaced by the Railgun and Boltshot.
- Weapons are no longer initial drops. They are now classic weapon spawns.
- Pulse grenades have been added to top Gold.
- Other minor changes such as filling in gaps and smoothening some ramps.

Hope you guys check out the update. Play a 1v1 or a 2v2 on this map. There's a big chance that you won't regret it because this is truly a good map.

And I'm not just saying that. :)