Halo WHICH ONE IS STRONGER? COVENANT OR SPARTAN? PHYSICALLY? MENTALLY?

Which do you think really is stronger?

• The Covenant...

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • The Spartans...

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • The Prometheans...

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
Jan 14, 2013
This is something that has baffled me for quite a while. I know, we all say "Go Good Guys! Of Course! Yea!" I mean, I agree, but, even though the human race tends to get "lucky" in the Halo Universe, dealing with the Flood, the Covenant, and even with the Prometheans... But put all luck aside... which one is TRULY more powerful... are they equal? I don't think so...

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
humankind will receive the mantle, but humans themselves are physically weaker. its their tactical understanding and their training that saved their asses countless times. elites should be physically as strong as a spartan but the spartan is way quicker because of his augmentations and his training in his childhood. just one spartan massacred a whole army of covenant and prometheans through all these years and the other spartans were just as efficient so i think this is out of the question ;)

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Good storytelling for us require the hero, to win, and the heroes must be humans.
The Covenant, by design, are a much better army, with stronger forces, and smarter ways of thinking.
The humans only win, because their fans would hate it if humans lose.
Reach and New Mombasa should show you how they're stronger.
Humans have never won against covenant, they've only survived.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Good storytelling for us require the hero, to win, and the heroes must be humans.
The Covenant, by design, are a much better army, with stronger forces, and smarter ways of thinking.
The humans only win, because their fans would hate it if humans lose.
Reach and New Mombasa should show you how they're stronger.
Humans have never won against covenant, they've only survived.
straight up no, the covenant had an advantage because they were able to study the technology of the forerunners and claimed it their own. the only smart races are the prophets,the elites and the engineers. when the humans first met the covenant their shield and plasma technology ripped human starships apart. the element of surprise and the stolen technology made the covenant the stronger force. but the humans created new strategies and used their own technology against them. the humans adapted to the enemy they were facing very fast and proved themselves worthy of obtaining the mantle

Reactions: a ninja samuri
Feb 1, 2013
Australia
straight up no, the covenant had an advantage because they were able to study the technology of the forerunners and claimed it their own. the only smart races are the prophets,the elites and the engineers. when the humans first met the covenant their shield and plasma technology ripped human starships apart. the element of surprise and the stolen technology made the covenant the stronger force. but the humans created new strategies and used their own technology against them. the humans adapted to the enemy they were facing very fast and proved themselves worthy of obtaining the mantle

actually only the prophets and the engineers
the elites rely on their radar

Reactions: Fuzzle

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
actually only the prophets and the engineers
the elites rely on their radar
the elites are a strong, noble and intelligent species. they waged a war against the prophets and lost barely. by following the tradition of their ancestors they joined forces with the rest of the covenant. they indeed are not just relying on their radar. the greatest weakness of the covenant is their fanatical faith, e.g. they didnt attack the pillar of autumn because it was too close to the "sacred ring"

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
the elites are a strong, noble and intelligent species. they waged a war against the prophets and lost barely. by following the tradition of their ancestors they joined forces with the rest of the covenant. they indeed are not just relying on their radar. the greatest weakness of the covenant is their fanatical faith, e.g. they didnt attack the pillar of autumn because it was too close to the "sacred ring"

ok but i still think prophets and engineers are smarter

a bored teen

Adept
Jan 20, 2013
Requiem
I would say humans are better. Even elites admired the courage of humans (not Spartans, but humans marines/odsts ect.) humans had better tactics but less advanced things. Humans never really did win huge battles with the covies but they survived and kept fighting to the death

Dust Storm

Master
Feb 26, 2013
www.podtacular.com
Humanity is a very creative and innovative race. If we can't use brute force against something, we'll think of some contraption that will help us or go find something that will help us get what we want. When it comes to power and strength, you have to give it to the Sangheili. They have honor, respect and are physically more capable than any normal human being. We also used to fight with them on level ground back in the days the Forerunners were still around before we got forcefully devolved. Only with augmentations and power suits were Covenant forces able to be defeated. But then again, knowledge is power and when it's used at a tactical advantage, brute strength becomes a small factor against daring skill and experience. In the end, humanity will inherit the Mantle, but for now, human tactics are holding up against Covenant strength.

the night bat

Qualified
Feb 2, 2013
The elites have the best equipment.
The covenent have the best form of leadership.
The brutes are psychotic idiots that just want to play with the humans.
The humans have the best defence forces.
The spartans have the best training, strategies, radars, armour (hunters don't count), and ways of getting out of a sticky situation.
The flood are just plain awesome

Reactions: Tomtris and Fuzzle