What would you do if you won the lottery?

What would you do if you won the lottery?

• Total voters

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Currently, the power ball calottery is $600 million. What would you do with all that money?
Personally, I'm not really sure. For starters, I would give a million to my grandparents and a million to my parents. Then, a million to my dog. His name is Teddy. He's a Yorkshire Terrier Poodle. He likes getting haircuts... Anyways, yeah. What would you buy? Would you even buy anything?

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
(This is assuming I am of age to buy a Lottery Ticket)

First off, I would invest in a safe way of banking and checking (assuming I didn't have one already)
Then, I wold probably move somewhere for the upper class, as I don't want to be involved with crime due to my financial stability.
Next, I'd probably distribute a good amount around the family, to help everyone out, and to get people in a good place.
Then, educate my self in the stock market, and play the market with said money, to increase my welfare.
After that, I would probably go to college, and learn Business, to hopefully open a Game Development studio, or a Game Publishing Company.

With my money, I would like to say I'd be a philanthropist, but I think the greed would be too heavy, and I probably would be very cynical. :(
I would probably be that Rich douche bag everybody hates, with the trophy wife he cheats on for every pretty girl he see's on a University Campus. And my life would probably become very boring, with endless amounts of money, and everything I want.

(Wow that got REALLY depressing fast.)

Reactions: Fuzzle

evergreen948

Master
Jan 9, 2013
Sydney, Straya
First off, get the best banking options so I don't blow all my money straight away and earn that sweet interest. Then I'd probably give alot of it away, seriously, I don't need 600 mil. I'd probably get a new car, and possibly move houses. If I had enough left, I'd go overseas somewhere (don't know where though).

Reactions: NinetysBorn

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
First off, get the best banking options so I don't blow all my money straight away and earn that sweet interest. Then I'd probably give alot of it away, seriously, I don't need 600 mil. I'd probably get a new car, and possibly move houses. If I had enough left, I'd go overseas somewhere (don't know where though).
To whom or what, would you give away the money to?

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
Well first, about half goes to the government for taxes, so that leaves me around ~$350M. I'd pay my parents back for the car, and buy a nice A8 in black. After that, I'm probably not going to spend much right away. I think I'd pay for my college education which would total at maybe ~$80k, and save ~$300k for med school and graduate school. So that leaves me with about ~$349.5. I'd get several offshore bank accounts totaling to $75M, and put $15M in US banks spread through several different banks. I'd set aside $500k for a nice apartment in downtown Dallas. That puts me at $259M I'd invest in several mutual funds, probably $100M total, and I'd give myself $10M to daytrade with. With the rest of the $149M, I'd probably make a $20M donation to MADD. With the rest, I'd donate $29M to the ceramics program at SMU, and the other $100M I'd spend on starting to buy up some higher quality art to be stored away until I earn the money to buy my home.

Why would you ever give money to your family, that is terrible. You'd become a crutch to them and they wouldn't ever feel like they had to work again, they could just come to you for money.

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
i would buy everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nah id probably give some to my family then move houses and put my money somewhere safe and then buy an island and make it exactly the same as jurassic park

Last edited:

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
why did u backspace the exclamation mark

Cause there were way to many.
Also...
I would buy everything
Nah, I would probably give some to my family, then move houses and put my money somewhere safe. Then I would buy an island and make it exactly the same as Monopoly: Tropical Tycoon's island.

Why did you delete the exclamation marks.

So?!? It's exciting.

:vincent:

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Tax free only, i would keep it a secret and put it on my bank account.after that i would live my life normally, but behind the scenes i support projects, charity and the poor directly. Having enough money as an individual is uber lame without having done anything to earn it

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
Tax free only, i would keep it a secret and put it on my bank account.after that i would live my life normally, but behind the scenes i support projects, charity and the poor directly. Having enough money as an individual is uber lame without having done anything to earn it

Secrets like that are a little hard to keep.