Gaming What Next Gen System will you be buying this fall?

What Next Gen System will you buy?

• Total voters

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
Perhaps if the 180 comes down in price I might purchase it. Might being the operative word here. Other than that I will stick with my 360 for as long as possible and probably stop gaming all together in the not so distant future.

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
You see, what you look like you're doing here, is lording FTP over people like it's some new and exciting, and makes any real difference.
Most of the FTP games on the PS4 are already available on PC, and have been for ages.
Also, if you get a console just because some of the games are free, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

Nope not lording the Free2Play as if it's new, just stating the fact that Sony's next gen system allows you to play FULL games for free, the Xbox180 does not. Or at least I was not aware of any, not sure what "Ascend: Hand of Kul" is ... not sure why ... first guess would be it sucks, but I've never heard of it.

I am just buying the best console. (period) One factor is if they allow me to play games for free, or if I have to pay 60 bucks just to find out if I like it or not.

Another one is how easy it is to program for, one indication of this is if 3rd party developers can push out a triple A launch game with a tight deadline and have it display in full native 1080p. Turns out both COD and BF4 can on PS4 but can't on X180.

Combine these with a few other factors and any reasonable adult who looks at the HARD facts would come to the same conclusion.

If you didn't, I'm fine with that, I don't want M$ to fail, I need them to compete with Sony so next next gen they won't get complacent.

Hopefully there are just enough blind fanboys keep M$ afloat so they can compete next time. If that do better than sony I will jump ship again.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
Nope not lording the Free2Play as if it's new, just stating the fact that Sony's next gen system allows you to play FULL games for free, the Xbox180 does not. Or at least I was not aware of any, not sure what "Ascend: Hand of Kul" is ... not sure why ... first guess would be it sucks, but I've never heard of it.

I am just buying the best console. (period) One factor is if they allow me to play games for free, or if I have to pay 60 bucks just to find out if I like it or not.

Another one is how easy it is to program for, one indication of this is if 3rd party developers can push out a triple A launch game with a tight deadline and have it display in full native 1080p. Turns out both COD and BF4 can on PS4 but can't on X180.

Combine these with a few other factors and any reasonable adult who looks at the HARD facts would come to the same conclusion.

If you didn't, I'm fine with that, I don't want M$ to fail, I need them to compete with Sony so next next gen they won't get complacent.

Hopefully there are just enough blind fanboys keep M$ afloat so they can compete next time. If that do better than sony I will jump ship again.

Three things:
1. I have, and will never care what resolution a game is in. A game could look like utter crap, but if the story is good, the atmosphere is good, the musical score is good, then I'm going to play it.
2. I want a console for the games it offers me. Sure, the PS4 game have tonnes of Indie games, F2P, etceteria, but for me, none of those games doesn't enough for me to warrant getting the system. The One , on the other hand, has quite a few games that interest me (DR3, Halo 5 (whenever that comes out), Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Sunset Overdrive), that to me is worth the investment.
3. You seem very wishy-washy about your stance here.
You claim that the PS4 is the better system, yet you're more than willing to leave it in the dust if Microsoft does better.

VaultingFrog

Adept
May 2, 2013
Walmart
I should point out that there is this wonderful thing called a demo. Try them out to see if you like the gameplay then buy the bloody game. They are also free. OMG such an amazing idea....

AnotherClaymore

Qualified
Aug 19, 2013
Three things:
1. I have, and will never care what resolution a game is in. A game could look like utter crap, but if the story is good, the atmosphere is good, the musical score is good, then I'm going to play it.
2. I want a console for the games it offers me. Sure, the PS4 game have tonnes of Indie games, F2P, etceteria, but for me, none of those games doesn't enough for me to warrant getting the system. The One , on the other hand, has quite a few games that interest me (DR3, Halo 5 (whenever that comes out), Ryse, Crimson Dragon, Sunset Overdrive), that to me is worth the investment.
3. You seem very wishy-washy about your stance here.

You claim that the PS4 is the better system, yet you're more than willing to leave it in the dust if Microsoft does better.

1. If this was true you should own a Nintendo Wii U.
2. Read the reviews for Ryse!
3. I'm sorry if you can't see past your own fanboy-ism but I have NO BRAND loyalty. (in fact I don't even understand the concept)

Yes, if M$ puts out a better console than sony I will buy it. But the X180 is sub par. The PS4 is the better console this gen.

You are basically saying that if Ford and Chevy put out basically equal cars. Ford told you a good story about driving to grandmas, but Chevy's get's twice the gas milage. You are gonna buy a Ford, that's retarded. Enjoy your purchase, I'm not trying to convince you that your wrong, I need you to buy that crappy story so Chevy keeps making a better product.

The7thSeal

Expert
Jan 12, 2013
Lincolnshire, UK
1. If this was true you should own a Nintendo Wii U.
2. Read the reviews for Ryse!
3. I'm sorry if you can't see past your own fanboy-ism but I have NO BRAND loyalty. (in fact I don't even understand the concept)

Yes, if M$ puts out a better console than sony I will buy it. But the X180 is sub par. The PS4 is the better console this gen.

You are basically saying that if Ford and Chevy put out basically equal cars. Ford told you a good story about driving to grandmas, but Chevy's get's twice the gas milage. You are gonna buy a Ford, that's retarded. Enjoy your purchase, I'm not trying to convince you that your wrong, I need you to buy that crappy story so Chevy keeps making a better product.

Here's the crux of the matter for me. You buy the console for the games. Not the peripherals. Not the strength of the system. The games. And that's exactly what I intend to do.
I do not understand everyone's fixation on the power difference between the systems.
Also, I'm considering getting the Wii U. It all depends on if I want the games that the console offers, some of which I do want.

Reactions: Skyward Shoe

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
(im guessing no one, every other halo forum is filled with Micro$oft fanboys, is this one any different?)

Just stating facts, don't get butt hurt if your an xbox fanboy.

I bought a PS4, it's money. I'm enjoying the FREE TO PLAY options that no one that plays on a Micro$oft console will ever see ... ever.

I'm sorry if you can't see past your own fanboy-ism but I have NO BRAND loyalty.

Ok, I've had enough of this. From the very start of this thread you have been attacking the entire Xbox community, which happens to include everyone on this site. You haven't given anyone a chance to argue their own points before deciding that your own opinion was right. The last quote was my favorite, as you call out someone else for being a fanboy and yelling that you have no brand loyalty while you persist in trying to sell PS4 left right and center. You've spent several posts just advertising what the console you chose does better while screaming about everyone else being a fanboy. Stop attacking people whenever they try to bring up a point you disagree with. Debate involves both parties recognizing each other's points, not one party screaming at the other about their own beliefs. If you can't do that, well there is a website designed explicitly for people who want to scream at each other clutching their beliefs to their chests. I'd suggest you go there instead.

----

Getting back on topic, I'll likely get an Xbox One in about a year for the games and the community, both heavily subjective reasons. I know what I want, and there are a few more exclusive games that I want that are held by Microsoft, like it or not. More importantly however, I want to be able to play any game with multiplayer with my friends, people I have known for years and would and could not replace. It is unlikely that we will all jump ship and then have to rebuild all of our connections, and so it simply makes more sense for us to stay on Xbox. And frankly, the systems are pretty damn simile power wise, I doubt it will matter in the long run, especially as graphics are so good that they are not going to be the main focus of competition between games for much longer. As for the Wii U, it has a few games I'd absolutely love but not enough to make it worth buying at this point in time.

Zandril

HC Veteran
May 2, 2013
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
www.youtube.com
New Flash Zandril: Micro$oft owns Halo. If you love Halo you love Micro$oft. (Sorry but it's true)

You need to look deep inside yourself and realize the reason you love Halo is because Bungie put their heart and soul into it, that's what made it great, thats why we all love it. but Bungie doesn't make Halo anymore, now it's just another money maker franchise, like COD.

(I promise, your find new friends on PS4, and the smart people on your friends list will be switching anyways...come to the dark side, lol)

I disagree. I know very well that I don't love Microsoft. Loving Halo and loving Microsoft are two different things.

Robius5991

Online Knight
Feb 20, 2013
Canada
Winter break is soon approaching for college and I've finally decided that I'll be picking up an Xbox One and a copy of BF4 and DR3. I must say, this Next Generation has actually been a difficult choice, but I think when it comes down to it, I like the fact that I'm already established on Xbox. The idea that most of my friends are sticking to the Microsoft console is enough incentive for me to do the same. Additionally, and I know some of you will disagree, I actually prefer the Xbox exclusives over Playstation ones in general, but that's all up to personal opinion. Anyways, I can now look forward to playing Halo 5 with this community in the future :)